video game endings that made you shed tears

seraphjei 03-05-2004 09:15 PM
i have a lot of games that made me cry but my pride won't let me tell you what the games are.
Jeff 03-05-2004 09:19 PM
I don't recall any endings that made me cry, but...

In Skies of Arcadia
spoiler (highlight to read):
The death of Rhaknam Crying
had my eyes burning....aww hell, I shed some tears, but atleast i'm man enough to admit it!

There had to be some other games that made me cry, but I can't recall any at the moment.
Hanyou 03-05-2004 09:23 PM
SHENMUE.

Nozomi and Ryo part ways...and then he sails far away beyond Tokyo. It actually made me cry...it was a flawless ending for a near-flawless game.
Patsai 03-05-2004 09:38 PM
FF IX: Great, touching ending.

EarthBound: After a long, enjoyable adventure, it's sad to see it end.

Yeah, I have more, but I don't seem to remember 'em.
Crystalline 03-05-2004 11:32 PM
Hmm... Lunar did, but it was mostly because Ghaleon was dead. ;_;

Final Fantasy VIII was really touching as well...

Other than those, can't say I remember crying to endings...
Khyron_Prime 03-06-2004 12:26 AM
Madden 2002. I was really surprised to find that, in the ending, they would do this:
Give you a damn-stupid trophy for winning the Super Bowl.

I cried for days after that. It was very dramatic. Wink
Stampede 03-06-2004 01:28 PM
The ending to Final Fantasy VIII made me cry. Because I realize I'd just wasted 25-30 hours of my life to watch Squall be a wanker. The scene with Irvine and his video camera almost managed to make up for five of those hours. Honestly, had the game been JUST Disc 1 and the escape from the prison, capped off with Irvine, and later, Selphie (or was it the other way around) video taping miscellaneous crap, I would have been happy.

It was indeed sad to see EarthBound end, but then again, it's still an amazingly awesome ending. And they let you ride your bike through the Deep Darkness! BOOYA!

The ending to Final Fantasy IV/II. Not necessarily the ending itself, which was good, but not amazing, but the part right before you fight Zeromus. That was intense. He totally pwns Golbez and FuSoYa, and then KNOCKS YOU ALL DOWN ala Chaos from FFI.
Randolph 03-06-2004 02:09 PM
Megaman X1.
The music during the highway scene made me think of Zero when he sacrificed himself, and I bawled like a baby. Everyone was looking at me and thinking, "wow, Sigma must have pwned him good this time."
They all thought I had lost or something. Know-nothings.

Besides that it took my five years to beat that game, and it was fricken easy... last time I played I won the whole thing in less than ten minutes and with only half the extra stuff. Too bad my SNES burned out. I gotta get me a new one at Babbages. Maybe I can still get Chrono Trigger and lay my regrets to rest. And finally recruit Magus after years of not knowing it was even possible!
Jonny Axehandle 03-06-2004 02:19 PM
Sonic Adventure 2. Not just the fact that Shadow dies but the fact that he doesn't stay dead. Insted of an honorable hero's death he comes back as a villian with amnesia.
Big-O 03-06-2004 02:19 PM
The end of Halo Frown Crying

Sarge will live forever disturbed by Elite hands!!!!
Gummibear 03-06-2004 02:28 PM
I must admitt that I cried like a baby at the end of FFX
the part where Tidus fades away was heart wrenchingly sad. Then what killed me was Yuna speech at the end.
seraphjei 03-06-2004 03:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GummiBear289
I must admitt that I cried like a baby at the end of FFX
the part where Tidus fades away was heart wrenchingly sad. Then what killed me was Yuna speech at the end.

ya i put that quote in my sig to show honor for yuna's speech
dtk91 03-07-2004 12:42 AM
Sonic adventure2s ending like jonny
Raven 03-07-2004 01:45 AM
I wasn't really upset during the ending of FFX... I guess I just wasn't a Tidus fan. But it was still a good ending compaired to FF7's. That whole game was the biggest waste of time I've ever had. But I was kinda sad at the ending of Skies of Arcadia, but only because the game was over.
Stampede 03-07-2004 04:40 AM
It was a happy ending, though. We know that the legendary pirate Gilder the Unfettered escaped the clutches of Clara again... and again...

...and again...

You'd think she'd give up eventually.
Lord Ender von Hellsing 05-02-2007 01:43 PM
Only one. The Legacy of Kain: Defiance
The death of Raziel...
Big-O 05-02-2007 02:30 PM
Wow... somebody revived an old thread...
paul1290 05-02-2007 02:56 PM
I've never cried at the end of a video game, but I have a played a few games that have a very powerful ending.

Best endings I've seen in a video game:

1. Killer 7:
This includes the endings to all three parts of the story, the story of the Killer 7 members, story of the political conflict caused by the heaven smiles, and the story of the cycle of conflict between Harman Smith and Kun Lan. It had a perfect balance between explaining the storyline and leaving behind few unanswered questions to be thought about. Best ending I've ever seen in a video game by far.

2. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (after getting all 3 normal endings):
I like this one because of it was so unexpected and well done. Wraps up the story very well. The story telling was excellent.
The Question 05-02-2007 03:13 PM
Metal Gear Solid 3
When you find out the boss was on your side all along. Plus killing is also pretty sad.
Sharpshooter005 05-02-2007 04:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Question
Metal Gear Solid 3
When you find out the boss was on your side all along. Plus killing is also pretty sad.

Well if you hit L1 (R1?) at a certain point during the last cutscene it goes into first person view mode
obscured slightly by tears