Resident Evil: Outbreak

dtk91 03-05-2004 06:40 PM
There is a new RE game coming out for PS2 this month and Im quite looking forward to it. it is a bit of a change. First off, you can play online, (ill get into this later)and there is a new virus that you are infected by and must fight it off through the whole game with antivirus. Sounds kinda odd, but cool. I'm not sure about the story and whos in it(ill update later) yet.

UPDATE:look at this site
http://ps2.gamezone.com/gamesell/p22133.htm

In the online play you can have a party of up to 8 people. once someone is infected in the party they automatically go after the party they were in. I just recently reserved my copy of the game at a store near my house called Game Stop, and am hoping to get online equipment. Has anyone else heard of this game yet?
Patsai 03-05-2004 09:55 PM
Yeah, they featured it on X-Play several nights ago. It does sound cool, especially when you become a zombie when the virus on you reaches 100%. However, I'm thinking that turning into a zombie yourself kinda takes away the fright of the game. I also heard that the characters you choose are "hot". Even X-Play said that the plumber is "hot" for a plumber. Also, to make the game more difficult, there will be only one person in the group who'll survive. But you still need teamwork to reach the end, and killing your own party would be rather troublesome.
dtk91 03-06-2004 05:38 PM
i dunno what happens when you become a zombie but at the store, the guy said that you kill your own party somehow...

ill update later...
X Prime 03-06-2004 06:00 PM
I wouldn't trust store clerks on game info..
Billy Coen 03-06-2004 06:29 PM
It sounds cool. I heard about it from GameInformer and dtk91 went to a local gamestore (GameStop) to get info. So the info is probably true.
Trotsky 03-06-2004 06:44 PM
it dos sound cool, but why not just make a new game about zombies, and a new stroy, and call it resident evil. like final fantasy. they dont have to end the searies, but they are beating the story to death.
Raven 03-07-2004 01:56 AM
Resident Evil is my favorite series and this definatly sounds cool. I only wish you could become a traitor and gun down your own teamates. They should have thrown in a mole somehow.
X Prime 07-23-2007 02:44 AM
This game is failure for one reason and one reason only.

It wasn't on the PC.

Which was f***ing STUPID if you take three seconds to think about it.
Sharpshooter005 07-23-2007 03:16 AM
Didn't they shut down the servers for this?
Hollow XXVI 07-23-2007 03:41 AM
Yeah, most every servers are shut down for console games real fastlike.
Sharpshooter005 07-23-2007 03:55 AM
Yeah the mgs3: subsistence ones are.

...Mind you I still sort of want to get that, despite already owning mgs3, cause apparently the redone camera system practically changes it ENTIRELY and supposedly removes like..all the frustration and makes it much better. So its just the online component (which I wouldnt have played anyway since...no my computer has a modem, the ps2 is a game console, game consoles dont have modems...those are for computers.)