Custom Avatar Requests

Manji 02-21-2004 11:28 PM
Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
how about we make a business Wink You know...a Still Avatar business to rival R.Smith's animated ones Wink
I be the pics and you be the style (...and some more pics too)... Big Grin

What do ya say??? Big Grin

Fair enough, but how do we split the profits?

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
quote:
I'm guessing you took the picture, cropped/resized, and changed the illuminant temperature, yes?

Nay, this picture doesn't have any tint on it, actually I only spent about a total of 1 minute making it Big Grin

I saw Evan's post and suddenly the idea came to mind, so I looked up blue giants on Google, looked on images, and pulled it strait from that, the cropped it and voila instant avatar (Just add Manji!).
The Fallen Phoenix 02-21-2004 11:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Manji
I saw Evan's post and suddenly the idea came to mind, so I looked up blue giants on Google, looked on images, and pulled it strait from that, the cropped it and voila instant avatar (Just add Manji!).

Eh, whatever. I just did a search for blue stars (though blue giants probably would have been more efficient, now that I think about it)...

Took a pic, enhanced it, cropped it, resized it...that's generally what I do with my avatars (exception is Peter the Phoenix/Tucan Sam: That was a straight rip, no editing required Big Grin Well, that isn't true; I actually did a lot of editing to make the colors perfect and keep the avatar clear, but I didn't have to do any resizing if I recall correctly...)

Well, I'm gonna go work on some Witch Hunter Robin avatars...(something I was hoping to do this morning, but didn't get the chance to do). I might post them (and a bunch of random anime girl avatars) in the General Thread for Avatars later...
evanASF27 02-22-2004 12:13 AM
quote:
Big Grin
quote:
how about we make a business Wink You know...a Still Avatar business to rival R.Smith's animated ones Wink

hmm...right down the middle Wink Pleased
*grabs a butcher's knife and chops trhe stack of money in half...literally*

...oh wait o.o;;;
*grabs a roll of duct tape*
Manji 02-22-2004 12:23 AM
quote:
quote:
Big Grin
quote:

hmm...right down the middle Wink Pleased
*grabs a butcher's knife and chops trhe stack of money in half...literally*

...oh wait o.o;;;
*grabs a roll of duct tape*

Heh, don't worry about it, I did the same thing to this avatar Big Grin

It still looks good though right?
Khyron_Prime 02-22-2004 02:01 AM
I'd like to see an avatar of Roger Smith's car rolling down the street. You know you love that car--nobody else has a car like Roger Smith, because he's the man.
Wingnut 02-23-2004 11:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Negotiator Prime
I'd like to see an avatar of Roger Smith's car rolling down the street. You know you love that car--nobody else has a car like Roger Smith, because he's the man.
Crystilline made one of that very image. Click on her link in this thread and look about the page for the shot of Roger in the Griffon. I used that image once myself and am glad to see others takeing an interest in them.
Bismarck 02-28-2004 04:57 AM
FP if at all possible could you make me an avatar featuring one of the Mass Production Evangelions?
The Fallen Phoenix 02-28-2004 01:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by God of the Sea
FP if at all possible could you make me an avatar featuring one of the Mass Production Evangelions?

I'll see what I can do. I have a few floating around in my harddrive, but I'll work on some new ones too.
Instro 02-28-2004 11:17 PM
Hi! I am new to the boards and have been bumbling around in forums looking for help and I think I am finally in the right place. Here goes: Can someone make me an avatar of Instro using a screencap from A Legacy of Amadeus? I will also need help posting the icon under my name once I receive it.

Thanks!
Manji 02-28-2004 11:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Instro
Hi! I am new to the boards and have been bumbling around in forums looking for help and I think I am finally in the right place. Here goes: Can someone make me an avatar of Instro using a screencap from A Legacy of Amadeus? I will also need help posting the icon under my name once I receive it.

Thanks!

Yeah, this or the other thread you posted in are what your looking for.

The only thing is that you only need to post in one of them, somebody will surely help you, not matter which one you post in.
The Fallen Phoenix 02-29-2004 03:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
quote:

I'll see what I can do. I have a few floating around in my harddrive, but I'll work on some new ones too.

Here's one I made last night. I'll get to work on making others later today and I'll post them with my new Witch Hunter Robin avatars in the "General Thread for Avatars."
    Bismarck 02-29-2004 07:11 PM
    Hey that is a real nicel avatar FP, it makes use of good color, lighting, and detail. Oh and I have a question for you as well. What software do you use to make your avatars, my computer is a bit lacking in that department.
    The Fallen Phoenix 02-29-2004 07:20 PM
    quote:
    Hey that is a real nicel avatar FP, it makes use of good color, lighting, and detail. Oh and I have a question for you as well. What software do you use to make your avatars, my computer is a bit lacking in that department.

I generally use Paint Shop Pro 8, though I have Photoshop 7 as well. Typically, I find Paint Shop to be better for working on avatars...though that may be because I've been using it longer.
    Bismarck 02-29-2004 07:23 PM
    Yeah my friend has that and keeps on talking about it. Do you buy the program or does it come with the system that your computer runs on?
    The Fallen Phoenix 02-29-2004 07:29 PM
    quote:
    Yeah my friend has that and keeps on talking about it. Do you buy the program or does it come with the system that your computer runs on?

Both Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop need to be purchased...they aren't the most inexepensive programs on the planet, either. I received Paint Shop Pro 8 as a Christmas gift (so it wasn't a burden on my wallet Tongue ), and Photoshop 7 was given to me by my cousin (so I didn't have to pay for that personally either. Smile ))

If you have the money and you're interested in working with art on your computer and whatnot, I recommend either of them...they're good for editing photos, pictures...as well as making your own (if you're into that kind of stuff; personally, I like drawing by hand and using these programs for editing purposes).

Both are exponentially better than your default paint program ('specially if it is MS Paint...God, how I'm glad I don't have to use that program anymore).
    Bismarck 02-29-2004 11:18 PM
    I am still faced with using that crappy program every single day. Although I do have MGI Photosuite to repair some of the damage done to pictures when changing their format. Well beggars can't be choosers...
    Trotsky 03-03-2004 11:30 AM
    i was wondering if any one hear has a dancing little girl form Chobits.

her name's plum, or Somomo the manga and the searies had difrent names. and she dances and dos all thease funny cute thing's in the show. and i was wondering if any one could make/have her dancing so i can have it as an avatar.

thank you.
    Darkside 03-06-2004 10:28 AM
    could someone resize this for me please:
    The Fallen Phoenix 03-06-2004 01:12 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Metal Gear
    could someone resize this for me please:

Done.
      dominusofdeath 03-06-2004 01:21 PM
      You people and your photoshop Crying

Could you please resize this.
      I have alot more but I don't want to bug you people.
      I want the red line out though and the black on the outside too. Please