Big O sheet music

Schwarzwald 01-13-2004 07:18 PM
*thinks*
well there was someone working on a ...... Stoning midi I think...could have been name of god also... no idea

I think the member was "Name of god"? I don't know.... but making a midi... I assume you need to know or beable to get the notes... try pming one by the name of "name of god"

I think it was him... but... I am not sure... other wise I don't know...
number9 01-14-2004 12:26 AM
Im working on sheet music for "Sleep My Dear" and then later "Apostle"
Khyron_Prime 02-19-2004 01:53 AM
The classical scoring of Big O is certainly one of its trademarks, and indeed it is worthwhile to listen to because of the tracks' excellent quality. However, wouldn't it also be wonderful to play the music?--For this reason, I was wondering if anyone out there knew whether or not there were ever releases of Big O sheet music. If not, have any fans dared to arrange the scores themselves, based upon ear? I would appreciate any insight into this...'cause I want to wake people up like R. Dorothy does... *snicker* Cool
Wingnut 02-19-2004 09:47 AM
We wish, there is no official sheet music for Big O, or just about every other anime as well.
If there are any fan works that have produced any sheet music for Big O, then they remain unpublished and unknown to the public.
Pythagoras 02-19-2004 11:22 AM
Well, the song that Dorothy learns from Instro is called "The Raindrop Prelude" and was written by the Polish-French composer Frederic Chopin. That music is available at any decent music store.

The song is even better than the excerpts which are on "Big O." I wish they'd play the whole thing because there are some very nice fortissimo passages. The only parts we hear are the softer ones which are like the beginning and ending of the storm. The middle of it where the rain is pouring is spectatular and was very much ahead of its time (late 19th century).

I first was turned on to the song as a child when I played the piano regularly. Hearing it later on Big O brings back fond memories.
Pygmalion 02-19-2004 11:35 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Pythagoras
Well, the song that Dorothy learns from Instro is called "The Raindrop Prelude" and was written by the Polish-French composer Frederic Chopin. That music is available at any decent music store.

The song is even better than the excerpts which are on "Big O." I wish they'd play the whole thing because there are some very nice fortissimo passages. The only parts we hear are the softer ones which are like the beginning and ending of the storm. The middle of it where the rain is pouring is spectatular and was very much ahead of its time (late 19th century).

I first was turned on to the song as a child when I played the piano regularly. Hearing it later on Big O brings back fond memories.
\
I found Raindrop Prelude on a Sony recording, SFK 89266, which includes a number of other popular Chopin works, such as the Military Polonaise and the Lento movement from the Funeral March. I think the Polonaise would be an amusing alternative for Dorothy's wake-up music.

Pygmalion
Pythagoras 02-19-2004 11:58 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Pygmalion
quote:
Originally posted by Pythagoras

\
I found Raindrop Prelude on a Sony recording, SFK 89266, which includes a number of other popular Chopin works, such as the Military Polonaise and the Lento movement from the Funeral March. I think the Polonaise would be an amusing alternative for Dorothy's wake-up music.

Pygmalion

Yeah, that one is a good one. And very fun to play as well. But it is probably a little too majestic to be annoying in the way that the director wants it to be.
number9 02-19-2004 05:30 PM
I have written up some sheet music for other songs on the Big OST...

Wish I could do Rundown. I guess Im not as skilled of a pianist yet.
NVWC2006 02-19-2004 06:32 PM
I completed my transposition of Sure Promise.
I can either make custom solos, or give the parts for:
Trumpet
Trombone
Tener Sax
Bari Sax
Viola - Bass
Tuba
French Horn
Percussion

I also have self-made Clarinet and Bells parts. I'm working on Flute. You can either recieve the music in the form of a blury bitmap, or, as a Noteworth Composer file. Or, as MIDI, all parts mixed, or all from one instrument.
Khyron_Prime 02-19-2004 10:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by number9
I have written up some sheet music for other songs on the Big OST...

I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but do you have "Apology" for piano?--That song makes me cry when I want to cry, and I want to be able to play it for myself. After all, I think that, besides the opening and ending themes, when people think of "Big O"'s music, they think of this song.
number9 02-20-2004 09:23 PM
Ive never done "Apology" because I love "Sleep My Dear" much better. So I've done "Sleep My Dear", as it works nice on my synth here at home. It wouldn't sound right on a standard piano like Apology would.

I'll work on Apology when I get the chance, I've been too busy for anything really lately.
Khyron_Prime 02-21-2004 01:39 AM
quote:
I've never done "Apology" because I love "Sleep My Dear" much better.

I have the original soundtrack, and isn't "Sleep My Dear" just "Apology" with different intonations and played in a higher octave?--Other than that and the addition of the 'airy' noise in the background, they're virtually the same song, so it would be fairly simple to convert, right?
number9 02-21-2004 01:30 PM
There isnt as much going on in the left hand on 'Sleep My Dear', and like I said 'Sleep My Dear' plays well on my synth, since I can split the keyboard to play the airy pads and keep a majority for the regular piano.

That being said, the 'Apologize' theme is recurrent throughout both OSTs. There are just variations of the theme.

I believe that 'Sleep My Dear', Evolution, 'Brick Ballades', 'Apologize (Bleecker St.)', and 'Distance' are all variations of it.
R.Jesse 02-21-2004 01:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Negotiator Prime
The classical scoring of Big O is certainly one of its trademarks, and indeed it is worthwhile to listen to because of the tracks' excellent quality. However, wouldn't it also be wonderful to play the music?--For this reason, I was wondering if anyone out there knew whether or not there were ever releases of Big O sheet music. If not, have any fans dared to arrange the scores themselves, based upon ear? I would appreciate any insight into this...'cause I want to wake people up like R. Dorothy does... *snicker* Cool

im sorry i dont know Frown
number9 02-21-2004 02:18 PM
Not to be mean, but then why even bother posting?
YoruameBaroness 02-21-2004 09:00 PM
Oh, man, I was hoping there was some Big O sheet music. I mean, they have Cardcaptor Sakura sheet music . . .plus I haven't played my piano in so long, the keys are turning yellow (my piano has ivory keys. It's an antique).
Khyron_Prime 02-21-2004 09:25 PM
quote:
I believe that 'Sleep My Dear', Evolution, 'Brick Ballades', 'Apologize (Bleecker St.)', and 'Distance' are all variations of it.

I only have the OST1 soundtrack, so I must ask: Which version is the one that includes the saxophone? (i.e. the version that we first hear in "Roger The Negotiator.")
number9 02-21-2004 10:40 PM
That would be "Brick Ballades" off OST2
NVWC2006 02-22-2004 01:45 PM
Well, if it helps, I've been working on Brick Ballades, and since that is basically the same theme featured in other songs, perhaps that may be of help to people?
The notes are easy enough. I'm just trying to write music with each length correct... If you just wants the notes to like play the song on the piano or something, I can get you those no prob.

EDIT: In the key of Concert B-flat (key signiture of B-flat and E-flat), this is how it is. I've made grace notes lowercase, all others are uppercase. I'll leave it to you to figure the octives out.

G,E-D aBBBBBBBB G-F #f-GGGGGGGGGGGG. bC, E-F-F G G, F-E-FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.G, E-D aBBBBBBBB, B B(natural) C C(high) CCCCCCCCCCC(low). G B, #F-F(natural)-E-FFFFFF E F bCCCCCCCCCCC. bC, E-F-E BBBBBBBBBBB, #fF(natural)-E-CCCCCCCCCCCCC.

Hehe, can you read it?
Piano Black 02-22-2004 02:01 PM
Can someone put up a tab?