Big O sheet music

NVWC2006 09-29-2003 07:23 PM
I'm almost done with a Sure Promise MIDI (the ending is imcomplete, I'm told that i have some of the parts wrong, and that I need more strings, of which I have none) u can listen if u want to now, though
    Mr. ? 09-29-2003 07:30 PM
    I like the Music in Big O. I have no idea what any are called besides stoning. I really like the tune they play when Alex is around. (The eletric organ/gutiar) Please post any on this forum.
    evanASF27 09-29-2003 08:27 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by NVWC2006
    I'm almost done with a Sure Promise MIDI (the ending is imcomplete, I'm told that i have some of the parts wrong, and that I need more strings, of which I have none) u can listen if u want to now, though

*cough*
    I can help Big Grin after my homework is done ~_~;;;;
    SharpDressedMan 09-29-2003 08:42 PM
    Yeah I could also help you if you pm me or E-mail me sometime. I have had a site on my favorites that was nothing but Big O midis but I deleted it once I got my soundtracks. Before I go to bed i'll try to take a look around the web for it again
    Krang 09-30-2003 01:57 AM
    I found this site which has MIDIs of Brick Ballades and Sure Promise.
    NVWC2006 09-30-2003 09:55 PM
    *downloads both*
    HOLY CRAP THOSE ARE GOOD!
    *plans to steal from Sure Promise and add to his*
    TheNegotiator 11-12-2003 11:41 AM
    Hey can anyone find me some sheet music for trumpets and pianos and things like that from the sound track music. I'd really like to play that stuff on my piano and trumpet.
    Negotiator-Schmidt 11-12-2003 12:48 PM
    Yeah I'd be interested in that as well. I've already decided to take up Sax just for that beginning and end tune of both seasons...
    The Baker St. Irregular 11-12-2003 01:30 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by TheNegotiator
    Hey can anyone find me some sheet music for trumpets and pianos and things like that from the sound track music. I'd really like to play that stuff on my piano and trumpet.

You play the trumpet, too? Huzzah! Go trumpets! We rock!

Ahem. I would love to see music from any anime, especially Escaflowne and Cowboy Bebop. Well... Why not just Yoko Kanno, for that matter.

Most likely, if there was to be sheet music, it would be Japanese. I don't think I've seen offical sheet music for any anime. Sigh. My trumpet friend last year played a Zelda song for his ensemble, but I don't think it was published music. You might have to *ugg* write it all out yourself. Painful!
    TemporalRift 11-12-2003 03:38 PM
    Well most of the piano pieces really aren't too bad. I've managed to plink out a half decent Apoligize a few times, but I'd love to have actual sheet music to read. I've thought about writing the notation myself, but I'm terrible at it
    robyeah1 11-12-2003 04:31 PM
    On the topic of music, Does anyone have any Big-O midi files?
    Big Money 11-12-2003 04:52 PM
    Trombones are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy better.

What about, like Tank!... that would be cool to play...
    pen1300 11-13-2003 07:30 PM
    quote:
    Most likely, if there was to be sheet music, it would be Japanese. I don't think I've seen offical sheet music for any anime. Sigh. My trumpet friend last year played a Zelda song for his ensemble, but I don't think it was published music. You might have to *ugg* write it all out yourself. Painful!

Well, I've been told music is universal. (For the most part) So at least you can figure out the notations. I wish they had sheet music. Actually someone posted some music notes in the Big O soundtrack thread. (Need to copy to play with it on my VIOLA!) I think some stuff would sound cool on Viola. I wish they had Stoning. That piece is the best.

To refer to the Zelda: he might have found actual sheet music. I don't know if anyone remembers (or reads this) but Nintendo Power put a free CD in its mags like a while ago and its all Super Smash Brothers [Melee?] music played in an orchestra (Some songs are GREAT). It ROCKS. I love the CD!

ORCHESTRAS ROCK AND SO DO STRINGS. (I've met a band member who thinks strings are HORRIBLE. How could you think such a thing?? Especially when they can make or break a piece (LIKE LORD OF THE RINGS!!))

Later,
    Pen1300

EDIT: Also, I've been told one version of Finale! Music Notation program can take a CD and make sheet music for you. I don't know cause I only have a "demo".
    Mega Dominus 11-13-2003 09:33 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by mistress-samwise
    quote:
    Originally posted by TheNegotiator

You play the trumpet, too? Huzzah! Go trumpets! We rock!

Ahem. I would love to see music from any anime, especially Escaflowne and Cowboy Bebop. Well... Why not just Yoko Kanno, for that matter.

This...is anime sheet music paradise (for the most part). Check the link below:

http://www.animebooks.com/musicscores.html

Granted, there are other sites that may be better, but this has Cowboy Bebop's band score. Unfortunately, it's in Japanese... Sweatdrop
    Adrenaline 11-13-2003 09:43 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Big Money
    Trombones are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy better.

What you meant to say is that EUPHONIUMS are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy better.

Although I must admit, asides from playing the euphonium, trumpets are pretty cool...but not so much as even near the euphonium...understand that.
    NVWC2006 11-13-2003 10:25 PM
    :-D
    For a friend I was able to create the exact part for the Trumpet in Sure Promise, and for my alto sax I arranged the entire song. Right now I'm working on the sax part for Brick Ballades/Roger's Mono, and a number of video game songs.

If u want Sure Promise, tell me if u want a fully arranged part or the trumpet part (either way, though, since I don't play trumpet, I may accidentally set some notes an octive too high or low)

If you want another song, tell me, but note that it will take some time to create.

I've attached an MIDI of my sax version of Sure Promise, check it out!
      R and D 11-14-2003 07:00 PM
      cool it sounds like the little trumphet that the ants play on tom & jerry when they go on picknicks. Big Grin hmmm i play the ocarina (1st instrument)
      the violin and the flute. they all rock. yozeer here, anyone got a japanese music translator? Embarrassed Sweatdrop Big Grin Confused Crying
      TheSilence 12-28-2003 04:48 PM
      Hey. I was wondering if anyone has sheet music forThe Big O, because I am trying to learn to play the songs on my piano. If anyone has a link to get the sheet music, or has some with them, please tell me. Smile Thankyou!!!!
      evanASF27 12-28-2003 04:49 PM
      uhh...wrong section dude...

but meh Tongue ...the answer is no I suppose. None was ever made for the people of the world to have....unless someone made it up him/her -self
      -Wanderer- 01-13-2004 07:15 PM
      You won' be able to find the music used in Big O because I know that much of the music is usually done only in sound studios and the usually never release it to the public. I should know because my uncle's worked with many Japanese anime creators for the music of anime. You could try to contact the company who created Big O or ask CN if they could contact them for you. Or you can take the easy way out and just play it by ear.

P.S. When yo ask questions like this ask them in the Smith Mansion, its in the rules.