[Suggestion] Sticky Topic FAQ

Lady Tesser 02-29-2004 06:25 PM
Hi, mods and folks.

I've noticed many of the regulars have gotten nearly rude with newbies for posting topics-subjects that were discussed to death months ago. Quite a few members were helpful and posted links to the right thread.

Perhaps there could be a general thread somewhere which lists topics that were discussed. "Topics Beaten to Death" - the list with a short description and a link to that particular thread. Like:

"Act 26 Confusion - Many threads on this one. If someone starts up yet another, Schwarzwald threatened to set the place on fire. You can find the main discussion HERE, theory 1 HERE, and theory 2 HERE."

Just an idea. Would it work here?
The Fallen Phoenix 02-29-2004 06:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Tesser
Hi, mods and folks.

I've noticed many of the regulars have gotten nearly rude with newbies for posting topics-subjects that were discussed to death months ago. Quite a few members were helpful and posted links to the right thread.

Perhaps there could be a general thread somewhere which lists topics that were discussed. "Topics Beaten to Death" - the list with a short description and a link to that particular thread. Like:

"Act 26 Confusion - Many threads on this one. If someone starts up yet another, Schwarzwald threatened to set the place on fire. You can find the main discussion HERE, theory 1 HERE, and theory 2 HERE."

Just an idea. Would it work here?

Personally, I think that would be a great idea. Smile It would certainly be a lot better than having twenty different threads on the same subject, and people getting hounded because it was already posted about before...
X Prime 02-29-2004 06:27 PM
Trust me, I've been to enough forums to tell you right now most newbies ignore such threads.
Dude Love 02-29-2004 06:27 PM
It sounds good, but as if it would take a long time to dig up all the old threads. It would work better if people just wouldn't get angry and just give a link with info, nothing mean said, rather than saying "find threads you've never even known existed".
dominusofdeath 02-29-2004 06:30 PM
HMMM.
Delicious Lady Tesser. Simply delicious.
I could even help after all, the only thing I've done all weekend is orginze 2 gigs of files IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER.
pathetic
Zola 02-29-2004 06:44 PM
I think it's a great idea. Then we can refer newbies to the FAQ.

I will contribute the first topic!

Where can I get the Big O soundtracks?
Contributed by Zola

The music in the US version is identical to the original Japanese version, and there was no separate release. Therefore, if you want to get the soundtrack, you have to get it as an import.

CD Japan carries the Season 1 Soundtrack, the Season 2 Soundtrack, the single "Respect" and the radio play "Walking Down the Yellow Brick Road"

You don't need a credit card to order, they also accept International Postal Money Orders, which you can buy at any US Post Office. You just order on the site, they e-mail you with a total and you send them the money order.

Even with shipping, it's cheaper than ordering it from Amazon.com and they have everything, which Amazon does not.

I have gotten two orders from them now, they are reliable and very professional--we had a minor problem with my credit card the first time I ordered due to my mis-entering the number, and they were really nice about it. They also always answer mails, even when I just wrote to tell them the orders had arrived safely.

If you prefer to use a US company, Amazon has the Season I soundtrack and the Season II soundtrack.

As you can see, they are very expensive at Amazon

Beware of bootlegs. The first warning that it's a bootleg is that it will be much cheaper than the authorized copies.

To learn more about bootlegs and how to avoid them, Tifaria posted this excellent article.
Krang 03-01-2004 04:10 AM
Good idea, Lady Tesser! While it's true that some new people will ignore the thread, it might still be useful to others if the thread has a title that will interest them. When the FAQ is done, feel free to ask Almasy, Shredder, or me and one of us will put it up as a sticky thread in the Smith Mansion.
dominusofdeath 03-01-2004 05:04 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Good idea, Lady Tesser! While it's true that some new people will ignore the thread, it might still be useful to others if the thread has a title that will interest them. When the FAQ is done, feel free to ask Almasy, Shredder, or me and one of us will put it up as a sticky thread in the Smith Mansion.

Couldn't you make it a whole seperate forum???? Like the Police department one????

Wait no cause people would post stuff.
Or...
Jonny Axehandle 03-01-2004 04:43 PM
I really support this idea. I hate it when people lock something saying that a topic was already made and leave me saying "Okay, where the hell is it?"
Wingnut 03-01-2004 09:27 PM
I'll add another topic to the list: Where can I find Big O sheet music?
Answer: There is none. None officially published by the people who made the show anyway. Any that does exist was fan made likely be picking out the notes by ear and writeing them down.
Krang 03-02-2004 01:54 AM
quote:
Originally posted by dominusofdeath
Couldn'y you make it a whole seperate forum???? Like the Police department one????

Wait no cause people would post stuff.
Or...

No, that wouldn't be a good idea since it would take up too much space by itself, and if it were a subforum, nobody would pay any attention to it. And since this is a FAQ, it really would require only one post, so I think a sticky or announcement thread would be more appropriate.
dominusofdeath 03-02-2004 08:19 AM
Oh.
Oh well.
What forum will it go in?
Or is this where it will stay?
Krang 03-03-2004 01:45 AM
Since it's Big O related, it will be posted in the Smith Mansion as a sticky thread or announcement. It's already a little crowded up there, but one more thread should be ok.
Dremo 03-20-2004 08:43 AM
Okay, could I follow up the soundtrack question with :
Is the soundtrack the US dub's music or the Japanese original?And where can you get the US soundtrack?
Zola 03-20-2004 08:58 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Dremo
Okay, could I follow up the soundtrack question with :
Is the soundtrack the US dub's music or the Japanese original?And where can you get the US soundtrack?

I'll add this to the soundtrack FAQ.

The US dub used the same music as the Japanese original, so there aren't two separate versions of the soundtracks. It was only released in Japan, so your CD will be in Japanese (and looks pretty kewl, I might add. Wink )
Dremo 03-20-2004 01:35 PM
Thanks alot, Zola.I'll be ordering it soon.
I think, though I'm not certain, that this is a bootleg copy :
Suspected Bootleg
I was going to order it from here before I found your bootleg warning.
Please check, thank you.
Zopwx2 03-20-2004 07:43 PM
Maybe one for the speakeasy too:

all those:

Where do you live?
What music do you listen too?
Whats your favorite move?

etc......
Delirious 04-25-2004 09:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dremo
Thanks alot, Zola.I'll be ordering it soon.
I think, though I'm not certain, that this is a bootleg copy :
Suspected Bootleg
I was going to order it from here before I found your bootleg warning.
Please check, thank you.

I ordered the Season 1 soundtrack from this website. After shipping it came to $14.00. I was kinda worried about it too b/c I saw it on Amazon for a lot more. But I took a chance and am very happy. Hope it helps. ^_^