[Suggestion] Stop the I Love Threads!!

Jonny Axehandle 02-29-2004 12:28 PM
They are a stupid waste of space.
Manji 02-29-2004 12:34 PM
LOL, I'll admit that they are a wee' bit annoying, at least some, but most are perfectly acceptable threads. And this place is about enjoying ones self, so if people are having fun, I won't interupt.
Piano Black 02-29-2004 01:16 PM
I'm getting sick of these I love threads that were popping up. I didn't mind the first few but it is now starting to get annoying.
Green_Bird 02-29-2004 01:25 PM
Yeah....I mean the I love: "Angel", "Dorothy" and "Roger" threads were okay...but now they are getting a little out of hand with other members posting them. I mean half that forum is nothing but a character love thread fest...And it isn't going to stop 'til everyone and everyplace in the show is coverd!
Almasy 02-29-2004 01:41 PM
NOTE: I'm not sure why you, of all people, have created this thread, jmjoseph, considering it was you who created the "I love Hourglass Sand" thread...Roll Eyes

Anyway, the "I love..." threads are already being dealt with. I've already locked the pointless ones that were created earlier today, but most of the threads are completely legitimate. However, I agree that overall it is becoming a tad ridiculous, and it would be greatly appreciated if people would take it easy with these types of threads...
Manji 02-29-2004 01:48 PM
Wow, where have I been? I didn't even see the mods change!

I never figured Krang and Dr. Shredd would be replaced as mods of the Smith Mansion!

Anyway, congrats on your promotion Almasy Big Grin
Almasy 02-29-2004 02:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Manji

Thanks! Smile

We invited you to the party, but you never showed up...Frown

Wink Tongue
Manji 02-29-2004 02:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy
quote:
Originally posted by Manji

Thanks! Smile

We invited you to the party, but you never showed up...Frown

Wink Tongue

Heh, maybe someday Big Grin

Till then, I'll just sit and watch Big Grin

*Manji pulls out a Hamock and a glass of Lemonade*
Jonny Axehandle 02-29-2004 02:55 PM
quote:
NOTE: I'm not sure why you, of all people, have created this thread, jmjoseph, considering it was you who created the "I love Hourglass Sand" thread...Roll Eyes

That was a protest f00. Tongue Ment to show how stupid and out of control they are.
Almasy 02-29-2004 03:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by jmjoseph
quote:

That was a protest f00. Tongue Ment to show how stupid and out of control they are.

Well it certainly didn't help matters at all. Sweatdrop
Jonny Axehandle 02-29-2004 03:29 PM
It should have made people think,"Oh crap, we need to stop these topics!!"
A Clockwork Tomato 02-29-2004 04:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by jmjoseph
It should have made people think,"Oh crap, we need to stop these topics!!"

It made me think, "Doesn't he know that if the moderators did absolutely nothing, the threads would have died on their own accord within three or four days, when they stopped being fun, even to the flamers?"

They'd die even faster if it weren't for the way people love posting about posting (like I'm doing now). It's so much easier than staying on-topic.

Therefore, complaining in the offending thread means that you have chosen to be part of the disease rather than the cure. If you prefer to be part of the cure, you should stay out of the thread and, optionally, PM the moderator.
Dude Love 02-29-2004 04:04 PM
Remember the ILOVEYOU virus. Well, these threads are kinda like that. They've spread like wildfire and are frickin' annoying.
Hanyou 02-29-2004 04:06 PM
I like those threads, but I don't think they'll bie off too quickly. At least someone's bound to dig them up sooner or later, and it'll start all over again. That's not a bad thing, either.
Wazpy 02-29-2004 04:46 PM
Why did you close the Weird eyes lady topic? I really do love her! She's my pretend girlfriend!
Dude Love 02-29-2004 04:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wazpy
Why did you close the Weird eyes lady topic? I really do love her! She's my pretend girlfriend!

Because it was getting out of hand.
dominusofdeath 02-29-2004 04:58 PM
I already suggested to Almasy that they be merged into 1 big "Who do you love and why?" thread
Jonny Axehandle 02-29-2004 05:03 PM
Which we should set fire to...*shot*

Yes, a merge would be nice.
harshfire 02-29-2004 06:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big_Venus
Yeah....I mean the I love: "Angel", "Dorothy" and "Roger" threads were okay...but now they are getting a little out of hand with other members posting them. I mean half that forum is nothing but a character love thread fest...And it isn't going to stop 'til everyone and everyplace in the show is coverd!

they r getting a bit outta hand, yeah.
Bismarck 02-29-2004 07:08 PM
I know that they have been getting kinda irritating, but it this point it doesn't matter anymore. There hasn't been any good threads which have sparked discussion in the Smith Mansion for ages. I'm starting to lose all hope....