Rate The Avatar

Shaoblane 08-31-2003 01:29 AM
I rate your avatar as purple!
pen1300 08-31-2003 06:54 AM
I like the Phoenix, especially since it matches your name. I give it an 8 out of 10.

Hey, I'd like to know what you guys would rate my avater. I'm proud of it. Its a digital pic of my Roger Smith action figure on my kitchen counter. (I made a photo comic book thingy and that picture was soooo cool. I'm not sure how I got it). I also have a Dorothy one I use elsewhere. Same deal, kitchen counter, cheap digital camera, and [bad] lighting, and good pic.

I give mine a...9 out of 10.

The Dorothy one...I give it an 8/10. Still needs some work. (i.e. needs shrinked, needs touched up slightly, etc.)
Byranx 08-31-2003 10:10 AM
There I improved my avatar with the recapture.....

As far as Pen1300's avatar...it looks great but seems a little dimmed in lighting and thus not as clear as I think it could be. The sharpness of the edges seem to be a little shaky too...i dunno...maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me. (8/10)
Lady Tesser 08-31-2003 11:04 AM
OMG - I thought pen's avatar was a still from the anime!!! I kept trying to figure out where the heck Roger was with a yellowish background. *slaps self* Silly me. ^_^;

I like pen's avatar a lot. And how did you get Dorothy to stand up straight? Mine's at a 70-degree angle.
pen1300 08-31-2003 05:13 PM
Lady Tesser, you made my day.

Now, how did I make Dorothy stand up straight? Hm...for some of the pictures she actually did stand up straight on my counter...then she fell over...and continued to fall over...soon Roger joined in on the fun and I decided, to use tape (scotch). That worked for a little, but then she fell over. Roger learned his lesson. So I pulled out that sticky stuff (you can buy is at office max and other stationary stores its like modeling clay and for a while, it actually doesn't dry out but does eventually) ...anyway, then I used sticky stuff. Oh great...now I can remember the order of the fun. Anyway, sticky stuff or tape, that's what I used. Dorothy now leans against something and is about an 80 degree angle.

I know Dorothy's pic looks kinda bad. I haven't had a chance to goof with it. The Roger one worked out well.

THANK YOU for your comments!

Well, people like them...time to whip out the pictures of Big-O and the cat...or from the "comic book" I created...when I feel a change...

ByranX, looks good man! Big Grin

Edit: I guess the Roger avatar does look like an anime still...a friend just looked at it and said that's a good pic and it looks like a still from the anime. He he. Cool beans. Anyway, I was thinking of that one part in the first episode with the spotlight and Roger calling Big O or something...that's what it reminds me of. THANKS! Big Grin
Byranx 08-31-2003 05:35 PM
Thanks Pen....i love ur avatar...and the text fits in well underneath...good job Big Grin
Shaoblane 08-31-2003 08:27 PM
I give the above avatar a very high rating cause I'm your typical fangirl!

And FLCL rules!
Kairi 08-31-2003 09:08 PM
Shaoblane

I like the picture you chose for your avatar, and the border works well, but why is "Lizard" written on it? It really seems out of place, especially written in a scratchy, green font. Purple would've worked a lot better, I think. But, still, it's a decent looking avatar.

8/10
Blue Crow 08-31-2003 10:47 PM
You have a very clasically cool avatar.I'm assuming that's from the FLCL manga.It has a bit of a mysterious feel to it because you can't see Naota's eyes.Which is cool.The name is a nice added touch,too.

9/10

Pleased
GoGoArlo 08-31-2003 11:08 PM
<----------( Jack King )

Hey what about me, I finally got a cool avatar. It's Jack King! Pilot of the Texas Mack!....You guys dont know who he is do yah. Thouht so so here's his Bio. Jack King is the precursor to Chibodee Crockett. He's just your run of the mill gun toting, whiskey drinken, fight starting, egotistical cliche' american anime character. He and his sister Millie are the pilots to the texas Mack, as his name implies he's a big Robot that as you guest it looks like a cowboy (it even has sideburns). He's a friendly rival to the Getter Robo team. though he means well his arogants and impatients do get the better of him. They brought his character back in the 1998 remake Getter Robo Armagedon as a high ranking pilot of a stealth bomber/ transforming robot who has become racist of the japanese due to the death of his sister, children, and the nuking of his country (not to mention the rest of the world). But he has a change of heart and decides to quit the fuetin and the fussin and help out his fellow man. Sorry that was a little long, But me bein a lover of giant robots and the great state of TEXAS he was the best choice for an avatar.
Manji 09-06-2003 01:38 AM
Still lost on that one...

Hey I made this, I wanted to see how you guys liked it before I posted it up for use, lemme know what you think I should change...

Shaoblane 09-06-2003 03:38 AM
Me like it!

OK Manji's avatar gets a 1.0 on my This-sucks-O-meter and a 9.5 on my Dude!-Sweet!-O-Meter!

The dance at school last night got a 8.5 on my This-Sucks-O-Meter cause I'm single.
Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying
Shaoblane 09-06-2003 03:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Kairi
Shaoblane

I like the picture you chose for your avatar, and the border works well, but why is "Lizard" written on it? It really seems out of place, especially written in a scratchy, green font. Purple would've worked a lot better, I think. But, still, it's a decent looking avatar.

8/10

I like that pic cause I'm your typical fangirl deep down somewhere. Yet, I still prefer blood and violence.

Yeah, the font is Lucida Handwriting and I planned to sharpen it up a bit but I never got to.

I put Lizard there cause I've always wanted a custom made avatar...like a present or something. Go figure. I feel unloved.

I love purple! Like the purple on my glasses! Really really deep colored and shiny. But, I chose green so it would be more easily visible and cause green is seriously me second fave color. Plus, lack of bright purples.

OK now I have to rate the avatar of the person above me.

spoiler (highlight to read):
It sucks! It's shotty graphics editing and you, Shaoblane, are a terrible artist and we no longer love you. Not that we ever loved you in the first place, wench, but were really good actors. Why doesn't Shredder or Krang just torch your account? No one loves you anymore. Your avatar bites.
Therefore, I give your avatar a -9834534507 out of ten on your This-Sucks-O-Meter.

And by the way, quit changing your birthday. Eventually, someone's gotta notice that you don't have a birthday.
Krang 09-06-2003 04:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Shaoblane
And by the way, quit changing your birthday. Eventually, someone's gotta notice that you don't have a birthday.

Not that again... Roll Eyes
R_Dorothied 09-06-2003 09:45 AM
You know, I really don't have a birthday.
And that dates back to childhood and crap, but not that anyone
gives a damn anyway.

Sorry Krang, I'll keep my birthdate to the adoptive one, alright?
Smile Sorry for the (lots) of incoveniances I cause.

Anyway, I like Krang's avatar.
Spifferific.
Lady Tesser 09-06-2003 10:12 AM
R-Dorothied's quadruple-threat avatar ...

It suits you. Extreme close-ups of faces and limbs ... I can almost tell who posted just by their avatar ...
Blue Crow 09-06-2003 10:31 AM
Well,Tesser.Your avatar is........well....different.In a good way.I like it. Pleased
R_Dorothied 09-06-2003 10:42 AM
quote:
R-Dorothied's quadruple-threat avatar ...

It suits you. Extreme close-ups of faces and limbs ... I can almost tell who posted just by their avatar ...

Awww. Thanks. I'm flattered. Sincerely.

.. yeah. The tangled legs. It's good.
Blue Crow 09-06-2003 10:48 AM
Mmmm.Delightfully creepy.I wanna pour syrup on it and devour it in all of it's syrupy goodness. Pleased
Lady Tesser 09-06-2003 08:54 PM
*ignores flirting between board members*

Thanks, Blue Crow. It's Crematia Mortem, a 1980's horror movie hostess from Kansas City. She's a cameo character in my novel Raven House Chronicles. Known for being 'one step away from understanding' as well as sounding like Madeleine Kahn.

I got the pic from Spooky Tom's Nightmare Mansion website, then added her name in. That was an accident. I did it in white, noticed it blended in with her skin, then tried to cover it up with red. Gave a nice shadow effect, so I kept it.

That's a cool sketch of Jigen, by the way.