members with 0 posts?

opsnafu 02-25-2004 12:11 AM
I just check and there is 14 3/4 pages with usernames that have no posts. After a while (maybe 3 months) maybe you should delete them?
Khyron_Prime 02-25-2004 12:39 AM
Excellent idea. A lot of servers do this sort of thing automatically, but a lot also do not. The problem with people having free reign to make new usernames is that they often come in and then quickly ditch their old username; or, in this case, never even use their username. The result is that people who genuinely want to join the forum cannot get the username that they want due to non-members.

No offense to whomever holds these names, but imagine if names like RogerSmith, Mr.Rosewater, or Angel were taken by members with ten or less posts and their joining date was something like 15 January 2001.--Essentially, they joined up for a cheap thrill and ran away, never to come back. As a result, the names are kept from users who may or may not become welcome members of these forums, and that stinks.

So count my vote in a poll: Delete users after a certain period of inactivity; perhaps a long time of inactivity, but indeed, do it for the sake of new users who have a desire to join.
Mr. Saturn 02-25-2004 02:08 AM
From what ive read, accounts dont take up much space so they dont really need to be deleted as much as it seems they do and also, I read that Krang deletes accounts more than 6 months old that have 0 posts and haven't been logged into.

BTW theres already a thread like this in Paradigm Headquarters, just so you know.

(listen to me talk, I accidently made a useless thread thats already been done yesterday that got locked Tongue )
R.Smith 02-25-2004 02:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Saturn
From what ive read, accounts dont take up much space so they dont really need to be deleted as much as it seems they do and also, I read that Krang deletes accounts more than 6 months old that have 0 posts and haven't been logged into.

BTW theres already a thread like this in Paradigm Headquarters, just so you know.

(listen to me talk, I accidently made a useless thread thats already been done yesterday that got locked Tongue )

Yup, he's right, it's been done, right here