The Official Video Game News Thread

Patsai 02-23-2004 08:34 PM
Yeah, this thread I had made is if anyone would like to announce any video game or video game-related news concerning releases, reviews, their opinions on a just released video games, which console is doing best so far etc.

No new official news from me, but if you have some, please announce it. Me and everyone else is looking forward for the news.
Lupin IV 02-23-2004 08:45 PM
Allow me to start things off.

:bows:

Goldeneye is being remade by EAgames. Not a remake (WTF!! Mad ) but, ahem, "Goldeneye2".

Do I hear the cash cow? Anyway, I won't post any links cuz it's only been confirmed so far, and thats what yahoo is for(no pics yet) Wink I think this should be interesting
Patsai 02-23-2004 08:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lupin IV

Goldeneye is being remade by EAgames. Not a remake (WTF!! Mad ) but, ahem, "Goldeneye2".

Do I hear the cash cow? Anyway, I won't post any links cuz it's only been confirmed so far, and thats what yahoo is for(no pics yet) Wink I think this should be interesting

Interesting. I hope they have it out for Nintendo Gamecube. The sales for it will shoot if it does.
Volt 02-24-2004 05:25 PM
Seems they're remaking the two original Pokemon games (Blue and Red) for GBA as Fire Red and Somethingorother Blue... or is it Green? Sweatdrop
I'm not sure what's new about it. If its just updated graphics and a hidden Mew, screw it. Hopefully, it's as long as Gold and Silver, but with a rival who is actually a challenge...
FittyYen 02-24-2004 05:29 PM
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life is coming to the Gamecube on March 4th, 2004. Don't let the graphics get to you, this game about farming may and can be very addicting.

Who'd of thought a game on farming would be fun anyways?
Patsai 02-26-2004 11:53 PM
New Games coming out for the GameCube

Developer N-Space have come up with a game concept so interesting that Nintendo have desided to co-develop and publish it exclusively for Gamecube. In Geist you can "possess" characters and use their abilities to your advantage.

This offbeat RPG has you helping villagers around your native island to make money to pay off your debts to the island's police. There's no combat or fighting, it's straight up role play.

Mario Tennis returns on Gamecube with amazing graphics and even better multplayer!

Pikmin 2 could well be the game Pikmin should have been. It needs to be longer and have more twists on the regular Pikmin formula, however we know for sure that it has a multiplayer mode!

The second Gamecube Starfox game is a joint creation by Nintendo and Namco. The team behind Ace Combat 2 will be working on the new Starfox for the Tri-Force arcade board and Gamecube.
C.R Foxhound 02-27-2004 09:33 AM
Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

WTF is this? Those idiots outta make another Phantasy Star, how the hell you gonna top of the series with a friggin card game!ugh!!!

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=651
X Prime 02-27-2004 09:35 AM
quote:
Originally posted by C.R Foxhound
Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

WTF is this? Those idiots outta make another Phantasy Star, how the hell you gonna top of the series with a friggin card game!ugh!!!

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=651

I don't know really... It'd have to be a prequel to PSIV, as the Profound Darkness was annihilated.
C.R Foxhound 02-27-2004 01:22 PM
it could be like crono trigger, you go back in time to the different games and meet the characters, that would a great game
Big-O 02-29-2004 05:33 PM
Bah Finally I can stop argueing with you... Just don't bring up bad points abpout the box and i wont bring up bad points about the PS2 and the cube
Patsai 02-29-2004 05:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big-O
Bah Finally I can stop argueing with you... Just don't bring up bad points abpout the box and i wont bring up bad points about the PS2 and the cube

OK, cool Cool

I still am not a total X-Box hater, ya know. I own one, I just need a better reason for keeping it. Wink

On second thought, any game recommendations?
Big-O 02-29-2004 05:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Il Palazzo
quote:

OK, cool Cool

I still am not a total X-Box hater, ya know. I own one, I just need a better reason for keeping it. Wink

On second thought, any game recommendations?

Yah shove it up your A$$!!!!!

J/k ^_~

Well Pandora Tommrow is comming out soon... SO is Ninja Gaiden... and MechAssult 2... If you like racing PGR 2... Umm... Halo? Big Grin
Patsai 02-29-2004 05:40 PM
quote:
Well Pandora Tommrow is comming out soon... SO is Ninja Gaiden... and MechAssult 2... If you like racing PGR 2... Umm... Halo? Big Grin

OK, I'll keep a steady eye out for it then Big Grin
Big-O 02-29-2004 05:43 PM
Yah well Nija Gaiden is supposed to be really good...

But if you want a game NOW... get Prince of Persia... I dunno why people aren't buying that game!... Prolly cus the franchises history... But the new one owns!
Patsai 02-29-2004 11:34 PM
quote:
But if you want a game NOW... get Prince of Persia... I dunno why people aren't buying that game!... Prolly cus the franchises history... But the new one owns!

I would, but I already have in on my PS2.
Piano Black 03-01-2004 02:49 PM
March 01, 2004 - Ending all the constant speculation about the next installment of the Grand Theft Auto series, publisher Rockstar Games has announced that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is indeed coming out. In the press release unveiled this morning, it was revealed that GTA: San Andreas will be an exclusive title for the PlayStation 2 and will be released on October 19, 2004.

woot!
Big-O 03-02-2004 10:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Piano Black
March 01, 2004 - Ending all the constant speculation about the next installment of the Grand Theft Auto series, publisher Rockstar Games has announced that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is indeed coming out. In the press release unveiled this morning, it was revealed that GTA: San Andreas will be an exclusive title for the PlayStation 2 and will be released on October 19, 2004.

woot!

Alrighty lets replace some names!!!

GTA Series to Splinter cell

and Rockstar to Ubisoft

Also change PS2 to X-box

Heck if you want more fun check this one out too!!!

Keep GTA there
Kepp Rockstar there
Change PS2 to X-Box
and change Exclusive to "Will also be on"
C.R Foxhound 03-03-2004 10:11 AM
yea, it'll be on x-box

it SHOULD say, will be exclusive...for awhile....
Big-O 03-03-2004 06:25 PM
Well Ninja Gaiden shipped today!

Wo0o0o0oters!!!

I am getting mine spring break... For some high flying RYU action!

ALL HAIL RYU!

dtk91 03-05-2004 07:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lupin IV

i heard on this game you are a person that was thrown out of MI6... thats basically all i know