The Official Video Game News Thread

David Ryder 03-15-2006 07:06 PM
While I'm pretty sure some people know about this but Ryan Drummond is no longer SEGA's offical voice for Sonic. SEGA apparently went with 4 kids sonic x cast as the new offical cast, which is a dissapointment as I liked the old voices. a shame.
The Fallen Phoenix 03-15-2006 09:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
While I'm pretty sure some people know about this but Ryan Drummond is no longer SEGA's offical voice for Sonic. SEGA apparently went with 4 kids sonic x cast as the new offical cast, which is a dissapointment as I liked the old voices. a shame.

I, personally, liked it better when he didn't speak. On the Genesis.

...still stuck in the 16-bit age, I know, I know.
David Ryder 03-15-2006 09:47 PM
Koei is releasing Dynasty Warriors BB (online) later this year in japan for PC. You and 7 other's explore, level up, and buy stuff in town. Sounds good to me, but a PS2 version would be nice.
Asirt 03-15-2006 10:02 PM
quote:

That sucks. I got used to Drummond's voice since Sonic Adventure. I remember hearing the Sonic X voices, and they were pretty bad compared to the video game voices (especially Cream; she sounded like a high pitch man, lol). A shame, indeed.

quote:
...still stuck in the 16-bit age, I know, I know.

I don't blame you. Wink
David Ryder 03-15-2006 10:21 PM
quote:
remember hearing the Sonic X voices, and they were pretty bad compared to the video game voices

yeah, and I remeber hearing Ryan Drummond really wanted to do Sonic's voice in the Sonic X dub, even going as far to head out to New York until the show wrapped up, however For Kids basically told him to F-off more or less.
David Ryder 03-17-2006 01:58 AM
I recent new's this massive hint was dropped....

"At the Shibuya Tsutaya Final Fantasy XII launch event, when Square Enix president Yoichi Wada was asked about the existence of a Final Fantasy VII remake on PS3, he smiled and mentioned that such remake is likely to happen with a large demand, the company is currently examining the possibilities, but nothing has been confirmed."

I could care less about a FF 7 remake but I know alot of people like it so...

Speaking of Remakes, a remake of 6 would be most excellent...but alas.
The Big Finale 03-17-2006 02:05 AM
Which means that it's definitely happening, no buts about it, if the major consideration is popular demand. Actually, I wouldn't mind an FF7 remake either, honestly, if only for one single fact:

Cait Sith owns you.
David Ryder 03-17-2006 02:16 AM
quote:
Which means that it's definitely happening, no buts about it, if the major consideration is popular demand.

More or less. quite surprised they didn't make it sooner.
M.S. Feather 03-17-2006 04:43 AM
quote:
"At the Shibuya Tsutaya Final Fantasy XII launch event, when Square Enix president Yoichi Wada was asked about the existence of a Final Fantasy VII remake on PS3, he smiled and mentioned that such remake is likely to happen with a large demand, the company is currently examining the possibilities, but nothing has been confirmed."

Hmm...

I remember seeing the Final Fantasy VII PS3 tech demo on X-Play a few months ago, it looked great. They claimed it was only a tech demo at the time and had no current plans of remaking FFVII but I think the chances of Square going through with it are very high.

I'm kind of neutral about the whole issue. If they remake it I'll probably buy it, if they don't it wouldn't bother me any, the PS1 version suits me just fine. I never really understood the fad of remaking games that were already good. If anything Square should go back and remake something like The Bouncer or revamp the battle system in FFVIII.
David Ryder 03-19-2006 05:20 PM
Gust announced a 3rd installment of the Atelier Iris saga, titled, Atelier Iris: Grand Fantasm.

I personally don't care as I found the second one to extreamly over hyped and a rather simple and very easy RPG. ok back to Shadow Hearts.
Sharpshooter005 03-19-2006 05:48 PM
quote:
Final Fantasy VII remake on PS3

Final Fantasy VII: Aeris still dies.
David Ryder 03-19-2006 06:00 PM
quote:

Fanboy: "No she doesn't!!, they edited the US version and took the quest to revive her!! And Sephy is the greatest bad guy of all time!! and Cloud is bad ass!!!"

Hehe couldn't resist. Tongue
Generalissimo D 03-19-2006 06:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
Final Fantasy VII remake on PS3

FFVII-2: Aeris Always Dies

New sequall!(sic)

Gain several party members, only to waste your time leveling them up because they die halfway through!

The final Battle?

EMO HEADBANGING!
Generalissimo D 03-28-2006 08:36 PM
Go might be the name for the Revolution.

Heads up.
Mugiwara Luffy 03-28-2006 09:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
Go might be the name for the Revolution.

Heads up.

Go? Like, G-O? Weird.
Generalissimo D 03-28-2006 09:09 PM
Mugiwara Luffy 03-29-2006 07:04 PM
I like the loGO.

Get it? Ha.
X Prime 03-29-2006 07:07 PM
...Are they using the same GC font? Fail.

The name Revolution was better too. Even if unofficial.
Mugiwara Luffy 03-29-2006 07:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
...Are they using the same GC font? Fail.

They aren't. This font is more rounded.
Mike 03-29-2006 08:03 PM
Yeah, it looks about 5% like the GC font.

Revolution was a really cool name. GO sounds...well it kind of reminds me of how before the Segway came out it was just called "It."