How many times have you changed your avatar?

darkangel 02-23-2004 04:46 PM
Hey guys i've been thinking that you guys change your avatars every time I come here! How many times do you do that?

[note---if this is in the wrong forum, please move it immediately]
re-animate 02-23-2004 05:03 PM
it might have to go in the airport, but i dont know
The Fallen Phoenix 02-23-2004 05:05 PM
Yeah, this should be in JFK Mark, but no big deal...GK, 'strider, Krang, or Shredder will have it moved when one of them get on.

As for me...I can probably count on my hands the number of avatars I've had...let's see...

My original phoenix avatar, my alternate phoenix avatar, Asuka avatar number 1, Asuka avatar number 2, Peter the Phoenix number 1, Peter the Phoenix number 2, random anime girl, and Robin...

That comes out to eight different avatars, and I don't think I'm missing any...granted, I did have some stints with a few other avatars, but they lasted a day or so, so I'm not counting them...

I usually recycle my avatars, though...and I tend to change them whenever I "fall in love" with an avatar, or so to speak.

Which is happening more frequently as I do more avatar and they begin to get better and better...one day I'll have the perfect avatar! Big Grin

But until then...

---
By the way, I think the values in the poll are...well, screwed up. It would make more sense if it were Never, 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc....

Overlapping values like this aren't very accurate...
opsnafu 02-23-2004 05:17 PM
I have changed my avatar once.
Crystalline 02-23-2004 05:20 PM
Hmmm, I've had my Dorothy one... My Chibi Luna one... My Bilbo Baggins one... and this 3-Nin Matsuri one, but I'm sure there are more. I change all the time, my avatar suits my mood. *lol* Sort of like my signature/wallpaper, I get bored easily. I was impressed I kept my ZYX wallpaper up all holiday season! And then some! I change everything like crazy, it's more fun that way. Shakes things up a bit. Kind of like the colour I type in, I like variety. Pleased
Manji 02-23-2004 05:21 PM
I change mine whenever I tire of my prvious one, or popular demand makes me change it Big Grin

For the time being, I'm switching my avatar back to the Cactus.
darkangel 02-23-2004 05:24 PM
I just changed mine today!Pleased
Trotsky 02-23-2004 05:26 PM
i've had 5, Big duo, matrix, gudam on matrix backround, jay and silent bob form clerks toon, then jay and silent bob dancing. cant beat the dancing jay and silent bob... well maby the kitty sniper, it's cute ^u^.v.
Lady Tesser 02-23-2004 05:34 PM
I think I've had a little under a dozen by now. I change mine at least once a month, sometimes twice a month. Lessee - Sylia Red, Sylia Mask, A-Ko, Negotiator Roxanne, Roxanne at Home, me as Roxanne, me with Dorothy haircut, drawing of me, Crematia Mortem, Raven House Logo, I think one of me as Rally, and currently my Pixel Memorium.
BigPrime 02-23-2004 05:56 PM
I've only used this one and one otherBig O one. Maybe I'll make one of my own one day, but not for a while most likely. I like to keep my avatars fairly stable.
Ace of Spades 02-23-2004 06:43 PM
I might change my avatar in the future but who knows.
Jeff 02-23-2004 06:47 PM
I've had 3.

- A piece of swiss chiss with a white background
-Curious Geoge avatar of terrible quality
-My current one, Ramirez, which is my favorite of all

My first two were incredibly crappy. x_X
C.R Foxhound 02-23-2004 07:02 PM
uhhh

1.Sonic
2.Rika
3.Cowgirl Ed
4.Fina
5.Pink Haired catgirl
6.A wolf

just about one a month, or a month and a few weeks
dorothyrocks 02-23-2004 08:27 PM
I used to change my avatars everytime I changed my sig, which happens to be a lot....but, I've quit making matching avatars for my sigs.....its boring, and I change too often, still.

My list of old avatars.....
1. Pink thing
2. Chii
3. Taylor #1
4. Ariel
5. Taylor #2
6. CG #1
7. Phoenix
8. Demon-girl
9. Cordelia
10. CG-Pixie
11. Asuka Christmas
12. Green Day
13. Finch
14. Holidays

I think that there might be more.....*shrug*


Now, I'm one of those boring, no-avatar people. Pleased
Zola 02-23-2004 08:45 PM
I actually had the same avatar from the beginning. I only just changed it--I had Roger and Dan Blues for a few hours before I finished the tomato one.
The Baker St. Irregular 02-24-2004 02:11 AM
I change it whenever I think I need to. If I happen to be really obsessed with a certain thing, my avatar and my sig reflects it. For example, the combo I have now. But you know I'm gonna change it when I publish Dominus Dei!
Krang 02-24-2004 02:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
By the way, I think the values in the poll are...well, screwed up. It would make more sense if it were Never, 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc....

Overlapping values like this aren't very accurate...

I deleted the previous poll and added a new one which should be more accurate, so everyone can feel free to vote again.

As for me, I have only used 3 avatars total (not counting the leprechaun from the Speakeasy thread, which I only used for about 15 minutes... Laughing ).
Zola 02-24-2004 08:49 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
By the way, I think the values in the poll are...well, screwed up. It would make more sense if it were Never, 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc....

Overlapping values like this aren't very accurate...

I deleted the previous poll and added a new one which should be more accurate, so everyone can feel free to vote again.

As for me, I have only used 3 avatars total (not counting the leprechaun from the Speakeasy thread, which I only used for about 15 minutes... Laughing ).


Krang, are you counting the negative avatar that you used on the temp boards? I forgot to count that myself.

For those who weren't there, PC was looking for a better provider because the original one went down at a crucial moment. We got kind of silly testing the new boards because when the test was done, everything was going to be deleted, so a bunch of us took our regular avatars and made them "negative"

Here was mine:
Bismarck 02-24-2004 08:54 AM
I change my avatars a lot as some of you might already know. But I plan to keep my current avatar for a real long time (more than a week even).
The Fallen Phoenix 02-24-2004 04:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zola
Krang, are you counting the negative avatar that you used on the temp boards? I forgot to count that myself.

For those who weren't there, PC was looking for a better provider because the original one went down at a crucial moment. We got kind of silly testing the new boards because when the test was done, everything was going to be deleted, so a bunch of us took our regular avatars and made them "negative"

Here was mine:


I remember the leprechaun...that was great...Big Grin I also remember those inverted avatars (though I didn't count that in my list, which has already expanded to a ninth avatar as of yesterday). If I recall correctly, I started that with my snow Asuka avatar...Smile )

Alternate Paradigm was a lot of fun...I think we should do it again sometime. Tongue

Oh and Krang, thanks for fixing up the poll. Smile