Any G Gundam fans?

YoruameBaroness 02-22-2004 07:31 PM
Any G Gundam fans? So far, there is this tiny circle of us hardcore ones at 'Straya's shrine . . .any others?
Cecil XIX 02-22-2004 07:34 PM
I assume you've noticed me. Big Grin

Yeah, I like G Gundam. It's my favorite anime, even more so than Big O.
Mike 02-22-2004 07:37 PM
Me likey G Gundam.
I didn't like it at first, 'cause some of the Mecha are weird, and because Chibodee is such an annoyingly stereotypical American. But after a while the story got better and I got into it.

Now, a REAL American Gundam would be an unstoppable walking tank. I actually drew one once...and lost it.
Cecil XIX 02-22-2004 07:38 PM
Amen. Big Grin
Tickle Tickle 02-22-2004 07:39 PM
I love G Gundam

As cheesy it is, I REALLY like it Smile

And I love Allenby and her Noble Gundam! ^^
YoruameBaroness 02-22-2004 07:40 PM
You and I will be good friends, Cecil. I love G Gundam more so than Big O. I went out of my way to import a box DVD set from Japan (I hate the dub).

I hate Chibodee as the stereotypical American, and George as a Napoleonic guy. Domon's a butthole, and how can Rain be Japanese and she looks British?

I love Allenby to death! My LiveJournal is Allenby-themed.
Ace of Spades 02-22-2004 07:43 PM
Count me in this fine sack of party favors. I wish they'd put G Gundam back on CN. Oh well.. at least Gundam seed and Z Gundam will be coming soon.
Big Money 02-22-2004 07:45 PM
All the crazy stereotypes in this show make it one of my favorites. If I had made this show, however, Russia would have some sort of communist robot... Spiegel Gundam rules.
Mr. Saturn 02-22-2004 07:51 PM
I love G Gundam to death, It may not be my favorite Gundam series (fav being MSG) but its up there! The only thing I can say I honestly didnt like about it was the fact that everyone had a girl at the end. everyone Chibodee had 5!!! thats a little crazy, dont you think? And George was a pedophile. Wasn't Ms. Marie Louise like 14 or something? CRADLE ROBBER!!! Tongue
Ace of Spades 02-22-2004 07:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105
Me likey G Gundam.
I didn't like it at first, 'cause some of the Mecha are weird, and because Chibodee is such an annoyingly stereotypical American. But after a while the story got better and I got into it.

Now, a REAL American Gundam would be an unstoppable walking tank. I actually drew one once...and lost it.

You've got a point, that shred of pink hair showed Chibodee's rainbow side. If I were to design the Neo American gundam. I'd give it a broad sword, some orbital cannons, and possibly a wrist mounted EMP rocket launcher. Beat that Maxter!
Cecil XIX 02-22-2004 08:27 PM
quote:
If I were to design the Neo American gundam. I'd give it a broad sword, some orbital cannons, and possibly a wrist mounted EMP rocket launcher.

I think I'd give a Neo-American gundam an assault rifle with a bayonet, a little like Royal Gundam, and make him look like a part of the 101st Airborne Division. What would I call it? Gundam Jefferson!

I'm glad we're of the same mind, YoruameBaroness. Although I like the Dub, Chibodee, and George. "A knight never shows his back!" is one of my favorite quotes, a creed of sorts for me.

Does anyone have a favorite "cheesy" gundam? I've always thought that owning Nether Gundam would be sweet. Imagine having a gundam that transforms into a windmill. It's like the ultimate mobile home! Too bad it did so poorly in GF 13...
Ace of Spades 02-22-2004 08:44 PM
Neo Poland never even made it to the finals either.
Mike 02-22-2004 09:17 PM
The new Neo-American and Neo-Soviet Gundams!

On the left, we have Gundan Patton. The thing hanging off its shoulder is a big giant beam cannon that folds in half. On its waist are combat knives, and gatling cannons stick out of its chest. It has beam swords that come out of its wrists and a beam saber on its back. Plus, it has a giant M-16. And it has speed boosters in its legs.

And on the right, we hav the new Soviet gundam! Its shoulders house tank guns, its hips have small railguns, and its entire right arm is an ICBM. On top of that, it has a great big AK74.
YoruameBaroness 02-22-2004 10:18 PM
Why did Neo Holland mass produce the Nether Gundam?

And Urube was one bad guy.
Prons 02-23-2004 02:58 AM
As Amuro Rei, I aprove of G-gundam.

God Finger!!!
Wingnut 02-23-2004 12:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by YoruameBaroness
Why did Neo Holland mass produce the Nether Gundam?

And Urube was one bad guy.

Good question, ask it to Neo-Denmark too.
And Chib only has the 4 girls that work as his crew.
Best MF that is not a main character. Kiral's Mandala Gundam.
There were also several non-Gundam suits that also were a throwback to the UC series. The two types of Neo-Japan MS are the most obvous. The ones that were with Ulube when he tried to get teh DG the first time were modeled after the Zaku, and the defensive units used in Shinjouku were very similar to GM's. Even the Fantoma MA was modeled after the Zeon MA-08 Big Zam. There are several others as well from various countries such as the Neo Mexican amphibous unit that was a cross between the MSM-03 Gogg and the MSM-10 Zock.
I could also go on about all the cameo apperences in the last two episodes made by vairous Gundams from previous series.
The Romance betwee Domon and Rain has been rated as the best of any in all of the series ever. Needless to say, I agree with them.
Mr. Saturn 02-23-2004 02:24 PM
Urube was bad but Prime Minister Wong just pissed me off. The Way he teased Master Asia whenever he would start coughing and such was messed up. Master Asia should have gotten up and bitch slapped him into next week Mad
The Big Ian 02-23-2004 02:28 PM
Don't forget the last episode's assortment of easter egg MSs.

For some reason, I always found it hilarious that when Wong takes control of the Walter Gundam, it recreates his little sunglasses.
YoruameBaroness 02-23-2004 04:42 PM
I don't get how the Nobel Gundam changed that much into the Walter Gundam.

That one episode where Domon hit Rain made me pretty mad. If I were Rain, I'd take my wrench or something and beat him till his hair color matched his cape. How dare he hit a lady?!

Wong was pretty mean, if I could strangle any character it would be Wong . . .

My personal favorite non-main Gundam fighter was Hans Holgar in Neo Denmark's Mermaid Gundam. Hans was cute and his Gundam was cool.

I liked how in the last episode, the Gundams were doing all those stupid poses and weird attacks.

And it was cute how Domon and Rain made a heart-shaped attack.
Darkside 02-23-2004 05:28 PM
I feel sorry for the Dark Gundam which has been my favorite Gundamof all next to Epyon.
What I don't get is how just one atack defeated it.
Was it because they hit the Dark Gundam in the right place or what?