I'm taking an avatar poll!

Kat 02-22-2004 02:00 PM
I wanna know what is the most common "category" of avatar used; The ones provided here at the forum, custom avatars made by yourself, customs made by someone else, just a normal pic, or none at all.
Crystalline 02-22-2004 02:13 PM
I'm actually really anal about this stuff. I DESPISE using avatars/wallpapers/signatures made by someone else. I don't know if it's because I take pride in my work, or I feel like I'm copping out, or maybe it's because I just really like customizing my stuff. Whatever the case, I personally can't do it. Everything I use, I make. It's not a BAD thing, though, to use other peoples stuff, provided they say it's ok. I just am picky I guess. And I love to play in Photoshop, so that helps. ^_^
Mike 02-22-2004 02:21 PM
Mine is custom-made, using a picture someone else drew.
Surtur 02-22-2004 02:26 PM
I use pre-existing pics, then crop and resize. So I guess they're my own.
Almasy 02-22-2004 02:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Surtur
I use pre-existing pics...

Then you would fall under the catagory of "Normal pic"...
The Fallen Phoenix 02-22-2004 02:45 PM
It actually depends. My current avatar comes from a screenshot from Witch Hunter Robin...but I changed the lighting, clarified it, played around with the contrast, cropped, and did some resizing...

A few of my other avatars are taken from pictures which I resize and crop, but I usually do more than that...I usually play with lighting, clarification, contrasts...all the things I did with my current avatar, for example.

Very rarely will I make a custom background, since usually I choose pictures with beautiful backgrounds filled with color (a good example is my previous avatar and my Peter the Phoenix avatar). My current one is an exception for obvious reasons...Tongue

I actually have a few avatars sitting around that were done like Peter the Phoenix...I personally took a screenshot of the picture from the game, then did lots of color enhancing things and whatnot...

So I really have a bunch of different avatar types...in general, they aren't necessarily custom made completely (they always come from a base picture), but I usually do so many things to it that if you put it next to the original picture they share little in common except the image itself...(colors, contrast, lighting...usually all completely different).
Manji 02-22-2004 02:47 PM
I always make my own avatar, and I make avatars for others as well.
F-14Tomcat 02-22-2004 02:51 PM
Mine's a normal pic........... I just cropped and resized
Schwarzwald 02-22-2004 02:53 PM
I usually make my own.

Unless it is an interesting animated gif. I have not yet exactly mastered the gif making process yet...
evanASF27 02-22-2004 04:49 PM
I always make me own avatars...the most famous of which is the JEEP avatar Big Grin (one which I had used until December)

I ought to bring it back...I loved that avatar ;_;
angelcakes 02-22-2004 05:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Surtur
I use pre-existing pics, then crop and resize. So I guess they're my own.

I do that sometimes. Sometimes, though, I cut out a part of one of signatures and there it is. It also depends if I made the sig. or not. So I guess I fall under most of them.
Bismarck 02-22-2004 05:38 PM
My avatars are all over the place. Some of them are custom, pre-exsisting, normal pictures, and then crop and resize. So you can say that I use whatever is available to me.
noTomato 02-22-2004 05:48 PM
Crying avatarless*
Dude Love 02-22-2004 06:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
I always make me own avatars...the most famous of which is the JEEP avatar Big Grin (one which I had used until December)

I ought to bring it back...I loved that avatar ;_;

I liked the avatar myself. I didn't even bother to identify you by Evan. Until you changed it, you were just the guy with the jeep avatar. How lame, right?
Jeff 02-22-2004 10:01 PM
Mine is custom made in powerpoint. It took me hours, but i'm quite the established powerpoint artist, so its nothing I couldn't handle.

Alright, so Almasy made it. Tongue
R.Smith 02-22-2004 10:14 PM
Custom made by me. Old "blinky" hasn't changed since i first made him Big Grin
Zola 02-22-2004 10:21 PM
I am a tomato. No, really.... Wink
Hienrich Ele 02-22-2004 10:30 PM
Mine is of some deliciouis cake that I scanned off of a recipe card. So It is a normal pic I presume.
C.R Foxhound 02-22-2004 10:58 PM
my avatar, is actually not an avatar

it's just a small pic of a character from "Wol's Rain"

because it fit the size perameters for an avatar, i figured "Why not?"
Quint 02-23-2004 12:09 AM
i had mine made by rsmith,well my friend it really says it all.......one word, of corse there will be more quint ones but, only made by the best ey' smith, probly a new rocky one or mash, but....

when you shop for the best, dont go for the rest, nor east, south or west, right here, smith is the best....

thank you thank you, ill be taking my pay off now.