Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo!

Mr. Saturn 02-20-2004 08:09 PM
Has anyone seen Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo? I just got my hands on the first episode and already its one of my favorites! Its so funky and crazy and just funny! Anyone who hasnt seen it really needs to for a good laugh. Big Grin
Shredder 02-21-2004 12:56 AM
I saw the first episode and this show is crazy but really funny! I also recommend it. (Gotta love the little nose people!) Big Grin
Cention 10-08-2004 09:13 PM
I got the dvd's, the soundtracks, and the manga. I live in Japan and use Bobobo to study Japanese. All other anime sucks in comparison (for the most part).
Dork 10-08-2004 10:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cention
. . .I live in Japan. . .

Oh, you suck.

In a good way of course.

::glares a Cention::

^_^

Anywho, I've never hear of that anime. I'm going to check it out right now though.

muchlove
-dork

edit: ::forgot she was doing the 'Farscape' theme for the next week::
Embarrassed Sweatdrop
Cention 10-10-2004 10:15 PM
Ok - I got a reall seriously stupid question - because my resources for translating and understanding Japanese is limited, there is one thing of Bobobo that I can't understand. Since maybe you guys have seen a subbed version you can tell me.

Why is the emperor after people with hair? I know, it is a major part of the story - hair hunters and all - but Bobobo is more scene by scene than actual plot. Can someone fill me in? You can e-mail me at cention@yahoo.com if you want (I don't come to this site often).

I just love it because it is scene by scene. It pokes a stick at everything stupid in Japan and Japan's pop culture. The manga and anime are only slightly different in minor parts. I got all 14 volumes (I'm not sure when 15 is coming out but I'll get it) of it but mostly look at the pictures and translate a word here and there. I started working on "reading" issue 7 though. The next dvd is going to be good - I remember watching some of the episodes.

Thanks!
Big Money 10-01-2005 09:57 PM
...What... did I just watch? Shocked Confused Crying

That was thouroughly... confusing... and... deranged...
Wazpy 10-01-2005 10:24 PM
"I'm closin' up shop. I'm making canoles."
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
Wingnut 10-01-2005 11:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
...What... did I just watch? Shocked Confused Crying

That was thouroughly... confusing... and... deranged...

Word. FLCL made more sense than this.
Amaya-chan 10-02-2005 03:09 AM
This show is like a kid-friendly Excel Saga. It has the random, insane comedy and everything. It also reminded me of Samurai Pizza Cats a little bit, cause in that show they would freak out if something was in Japanese and they couldn't read it. This show kinda had that same thing happen with the B.O. theater and Beauty freaking out over the amount of kana on the screen. XD

So this show looks good so far. I really want to see that episode that has the clip of the orange-ball thing screaming "CHURROOOOOOOS!". That was hillarious.

"I smothered your fist with my stomach!"
Sephiroth 10-02-2005 12:11 PM
Wow, I absolutely loved that. When I first saw Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo in commercials, I thought I would absolutely hate it, but I have to say that was awesome. I loved afro already, but afro's with Squirrels in them are even better. That show was just sooo random, I'd venture to say even more so than FLCL or Excel Saga, which is pretty impressive. I liked the flashbacks to Bobobo's childhood and the remarks about the Japanese langauge. I was also impressed at the fact that they had kept the original Japanese theme song. Then again, I would really hate to see how they would make one in english. I really cannot wait to see more of this show. If it is all as entertaining as the first episode, then I may have found a new anime to add to my list of favorites.
Tickle Tickle 10-02-2005 01:17 PM
"IT SAYS ALOT MORE THAN THAT IN JAPANESE!"

That was great. I just think some of the voice acting needs a bit work. But aside from that, it was a really cool show. The best 'edited for TV' dub now. Was I the only one who LOVED Bobo doing the Sailor Moon pose?
Green_Bird 10-02-2005 08:41 PM
I don't know why, but I like this...I mean...I haven't seen Exel Saga the only one I have seen that you can compare to this is Milk-Chan...like that one, this show is so demented I like it O_o...I just got to see the dub unedited....also I wouldn't mind seeing the sub, eather...
Big Money 10-08-2005 10:09 PM
What. A. Great. Show.

Its just... so... unexplainable... I...

Well, I think the show speaks for itself:

"Now I'm the star on top of a christmas tree... in a ninja's house!"

"TOUCHDOOOOOOWWWWWNNNN!"

... speaking of which, if anyone can get me a screencap of the four of them bursting through the door of that restaurant, I'd be much obliged...
Ano Hito 10-09-2005 01:55 PM
Saw it last night: Cacktastic! I'm hooked for life.
Gato Gurl914 10-09-2005 05:19 PM

i love this show.
Tickle Tickle 10-09-2005 06:50 PM
I see Cutie Honey! Big Grin
minespatch 09-28-2006 07:53 PM
i recently just noticed in "bobobo-you know what i mean" that beauty is ruining the whole series now with her pointing out the obvious. is there any reason why she's doing this?
Tickle Tickle 09-28-2006 07:56 PM
Voice of reason? Someone has to be sane on Bobobobo. XD

"WHY IS EVERYTHING IN JAPANESE?!"

Gotta love her.
minespatch 09-29-2006 01:57 AM
but now... she's just pointing out everything that's wrong. it was alright in the beginning, but now, she's just poping up everywhere.
David Ryder 09-30-2006 11:54 AM
Well I will give it one thing, it's wacky beyond belief, but not my cup of tea.