[Question] fonts

harshfire 02-17-2004 08:55 PM
oh. i've seen some fonts around that i usually don't find. do you have to download them or something? i only have like seven fonts and i've seen about two others. how can i get those?
Manji 02-17-2004 09:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by harshfire
oh. i've seen some fonts around that i usually don't find. do you have to download them or something? i only have like seven fonts and i've seen about two others. how can i get those?

Seen fonts around? Like being used on the forums? I've never seen anything like that, do you know any of the members who are using em'? It might've been size, or something of the sort. Confused
harshfire 02-17-2004 09:04 PM
no...i think i saw the fallen phoenix use something. and what about the fonts krang uses? those look cool. or did he copy them off some other website? i'm just curious on where they get them.
evanASF27 02-17-2004 09:06 PM
Huh???
Different Fonts....really?!
HOLY CRAP @_@
....hmmm dunno....
FP did use a funky one...I don't it's a forum default..gotta ask him yerself Smile
The Fallen Phoenix 02-17-2004 09:52 PM
There are a few fonts, like the font I am using right now, which can be used on the board but aren't listed in the font choices.

Among the possible fonts I've observed are Script Mt Bold, the font I am currently using. To get the font, type
code:
1:
[font=script mt bold]Whatever you wish to type[/font]

Another font is Script, which is gotten by
code:
1:
[font=script]Whatever you wish to type[/font]

I've experimented with a few others that don't work, such as Brush Script MT and French Script MT..,basically, experiment with font choices, and see which other hidden fonts are available!

---
Never mind! French Script MT DOES work! Well, I've found my new font...Big Grin

---
Well, looks like there are a lot of fonts that work...this one is edwardian script itc...Informal Roman doesn't work, but so far that's the only one I've found that doesn't...
The Fallen Phoenix 02-20-2004 02:22 PM
I do have a question for people...do they see this font as being "French Script MT," or does it look like normal font to you? Apparently, some people don't have the support for "Edwardian Script ITC" (like evan), so it looks like I'll have to change it...hopefully this works for more people.

This was my old font...

This was my font even before that...but I think it's too bold...(well, it is script mt bold for a reason...)
Dude Love 02-20-2004 03:18 PM
I can see both, FP. But, I request you don't use such loopy fonts. They're hard to read. I find myself copying your posts into notepad so I can read them.Embarrassed Sweatdrop
X Prime 02-20-2004 06:49 PM
Wienberg, you can just hit Quote to read em in normal font.
Wingnut 02-20-2004 09:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
I do have a question for people...do they see this font as being "French Script MT," or does it look like normal font to you? Apparently, some people don't have the support for "Edwardian Script ITC" (like evan), so it looks like I'll have to change it...hopefully this works for more people.

This was my old font...

This was my font even before that...but I think it's too bold...(well, it is script mt bold for a reason...)
The first one is nice and easy to read, yet still carries your style. The middle one is too thin to be read clearly all the time, the third font corrects the problem with the second font.