Season 3 Discussion

Zopwx2 12-11-2003 08:44 PM
EDIT: VISIT THE SEASON 3 FAQ FOR ALL INFO ON THE 3RD SEASON, AND QUICK REFERENCES FOR ALL ADDRESSES AND PEOPLE INVOLVED LAID OUT IN AN EASY TO NAVIGATE FORMAT.

quote:
To: newbine unread (12 of 13)

115713.12 in reply to 115713.1

Newbine-
THe best way to get a season 3 is if the ratings for Big O in re-runs are decent enough to merit the big wigs footing the bill to make it. I think there is a lot of support for a season three internally, but the fan support needs to be visible as well. Does that make sense. Watch the reruns and try to get others to do so and hopefully the ratings will be there. Best advice I can give you.
-R

copied from: http://boards.adultswim.com/n/mb/message...15713.1&maxT=11

A lot of internal support! That means the only thing in between us and season 3 is MONEY. WAtch big o, watch the ads, get more people to watch.!!!!!! Also go onto the www.adultswim.com forums and make sure you get heard. The more of us there, the more fans it seems big o has.
Wingnut 12-11-2003 08:47 PM
As I said before in another thread, it is all about the business of makeing money.
So even though it may be quanitity over quality, that is how our viewing of the reruns needs to be.
Zopwx2 12-11-2003 08:48 PM
Even if season 3 sucks huge, they can't take away any episodes they've already shown us.

So we really have nothing to lose by asking for s3
JAYCZero 12-11-2003 09:02 PM
I agree on this ! We should get more People to watch Big O if you guy's need some help from me to Advertise on the Forums let me know I would be glad to help .
dr_malaki 12-11-2003 10:18 PM
I've been talking it up on another message board I have long frequented. I know some of the other people there are long-time anime fans who like Coboy Bebop, which I've just started watching now that it's on in a time slot that's more convenient for me. Cowboy Bepop *is* turning out to be good, but it's not nearly as good as Big O. And I say that as a guy who never much liked "giant robot" movies before I saw Big O.

One poster on my other board wanted to know what the final episode of Season 2 *meant*, and I couldn't tell him because I'm still waiting to see it myself.

Doc
The Big Mo 12-12-2003 10:02 AM
I've been wondering. When they started Big O, did they already have an ending in mind? I wonder if the series had been completed in 99, would things have turned out differently.
trekkieb47 12-12-2003 10:47 AM
The creators said that they definately had 26 episodes planned, but poor ratings in Japan made them only do 13 (this is evident in the USA DVD interviews). But thanks to us and Cartoon Network they were able to get 13 more episodes that they planned on doing anyway. Stuff like the Drama CD, "Yellow Brick Road" and the Manga were meant to continue the story because the creators didnt know if they would ever get a second season.

Berry
SilverShower 12-12-2003 07:23 PM
A third season would be excellent. I'm afraid to say that I was disappointed by the second one. Maybe they will include a little more story progression in a third season. Big Grin ^^

Like the seal, I'll travel to the
Bottom of the ocean down to the sea's me
At the bottom of the ocean lies a grand history
At the bottom of the ocean where I will be myself

- Paleozoic Within the Flesh
number9 12-13-2003 12:09 AM
Heh. I'd be happy if they took away the whole story, and just focuses with the everyday negotiations of Roger Smith.

Dont get me wrong, I love the story, and all. But if they run into a dead end (and cant cleverly use a deus ex machina), I'd still love the show if it just showed individual negotiations.

That being said, I was never much for the mechs either. I suppose thats why I liked the episode, "Daemonseed" so much. There was minimal fighting scenes, and it was really interesting with the holiday affairs of Roger and Dorothy.

...Just adding my two cents, anyway.
Commander Amarao 12-13-2003 01:11 AM
quote:
Originally posted by number9
Heh. I'd be happy if they took away the whole story, and just focuses with the everyday negotiations of Roger Smith.

Dont get me wrong, I love the story, and all. But if they run into a dead end (and cant cleverly use a deus ex machina), I'd still love the show if it just showed individual negotiations.

I totally agree with this. I hope to god the third season doesn't turn into an extension of the second season. I wish the second season could have returned to it's roots and just showed the show in different stories and negotiations. And if they do make a third season I hope they do this. And if they make any more cyptic messages or biblical references in it that require a fourth season I am going to kill the creators so they can't confuse me anymore.
Patsai 12-13-2003 01:24 AM
A third season may be a good idea if it touches on those really loose-ended questions. I still am puzzled to why Paradigm City was fabricated.
Paradigm Dog 12-13-2003 02:53 PM
I heard that if the money's there, Cartoon Network has opted with the studio to do 26 ADDITIONAL episodes following season 2. ^_^ Some of you are worried that there's no more to tell, but A LOT of things were unexplained and many NEW questions arose. It was not simply a stage-play. The religious references and all of the other clues hint at a much bigger picture still involved. I've posted on this before elsewhere with too long of posts. lol, so I won't bring up all the stuff that's left, but I think Season 3 would be awesome to wrap it up in a big way. Roger still hasn't finihed his negotionation, becuase PARADIGM is still a city with amnesia. He failed to get the memories back. And though history has changed form the time loop, he still has his mission, and eventually must face the true mastermind (whoever that might be) and STOP the loop. People say the loop is just the series restarting, but not true, becuase Dorothy and Angel are already on the scene, seemingly knowing one another, and Roger should have been heading to rescue Dorothy in that scene at the end of episode 26. All I can say is GIVE ME SEASON 3!!! SHOWTIME!!!

'later
Ketchup 12-13-2003 03:29 PM
If there was a third season, I would only watch it if it has these:

1. Beck
2. How Paradigm City was created.
3. The real definitions of those "flashbacks" Roger had (like when it showed many androids built to look just like him. O_o That was weird).
4. More Beck
5. Why Paradigm City was created.
6. What will happen to Beck!!!
Zopwx2 12-13-2003 05:59 PM
Se we all agree. We want a season 3. Now get more people to watch thats all you have to do.
Penny Century 12-13-2003 06:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by zopwx2
Se we all agree. We want a season 3. Now get more people to watch thats all you have to do.

Working with the Big O bud who first got me watching the show, I've recruited four people (that we know of) to watch it live, and another through videotape, at another message board (non-anime related). If you visit any fora devoted to fantasy or SF shows, you usually can do pretty well there. Wink
psygnosis 12-13-2003 06:43 PM
Hello, im going to start off right now and say that some of the things im going to say could be in opposition to your veiws and I apologise in advance if I start a flame war.

I really hope that a third season or movie dosn't happen.
Don't get me wrong i loved the Big O.

I started thinking about this when i saw a poll that asked if there should be season 3 or a movie , there was however a neither option.

To me the end was perfect, completly perfect, after watching act 26 my mind was blown. I coudn't watch other tv so I tried sleeping I stayed in awe for about 45 minutes before finaly falling asleep. I personaly think that a third season, or movie, would lessen the show as a whole.
I am sick of franchise killers, take Alien for example that was one of the greatest films ever until they didn't stop making them. now when i watch Alien i just think of how the other three just got progresivly worse, Aliens was good, Alien 3 was bad, and Ressurection made me want to vomit.
The end did leave a large number of unanswered questions, but thats what made it so great. The Mistress and the Tiger was a great book that left the reader with the task of trying to figure out what the end was, (the book ends with a final choice thats not disclosed to the reader) this leaves the veiwer with a stronger impact from the experiance. this way after the end you begin to ponder what happend and draws you into the story even after it is over. I you were given all the answers many would simply set the show into the anals of their mind.
a list of things that have been going on to long for their own good
{all at one time had been good}
the simpsons, the terminator, alien, star trek, resident evil, star control, mega man, and many many others

Yes, the show was short but one example of something short and definitly very sweet
FLCL, enough said

please let me know what you think. {p.s. I got an email adress just so I could join these forums and say this}
Zopwx2 12-13-2003 06:53 PM
Think about it this way. Did alien 3 make the first 2 any worse? You really have nothing to lose by making more episodes.

Who knows, maybe more big o will actually be a good thing.
R and D 12-13-2003 06:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Unibasu
If there was a third season, I would only watch it if it has these:

1. Beck
2. How Paradigm City was created.
3. The real definitions of those "flashbacks" Roger had (like when it showed many androids built to look just like him. O_o That was weird).
4. More Beck
5. Why Paradigm City was created.
6. What will happen to Beck!!!

All 6 reasons are excellent! But u forgot one. Will Roger and Dorothy tell eachother that they both love eachother? Uhh gotta question. Can u post images on AS forums? Confused and guys get on there right now! there having the best of AS if u didn't know. VOTE FOR ANY BIG O EPISODE! I also posted a thread on who wanted a seaon 3 of big o in the AS forums under BabyYoshi25. so if u please post there as well. Maybe adultswim we understand us there too! Big Grin
psygnosis 12-13-2003 07:08 PM
Alien 3 did in fact make the first one worse becuase now when i watch the first one i start thinking about how bad the other ones were. they didn't make the first two any worse {that was a job for the special editions, both worse} but it did devaluate the series as whole.

On that note I cant watch older, preveously extreamly funny, episodes of the Simpsons becuase I start thinking about how bad the new ones are.

and as i said one of the greatest things about the Big O was the mystery surounding the history, explanations would eliminate this.
psygnosis 12-13-2003 07:09 PM
A third season is a bad idea.