Season 3 Discussion

A Clockwork Tomato 12-24-2003 12:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by zopwx2
It seems they cut the last minute off big o, maybe to clear the story for a season 3?


No, it's just an idiotic blunder. The part they cut was not only the end of the episode, it was also the end credits. They've replaced the end credits of all the episodes with high-speed end credits -- not necessarily from the same episode. They just mindlessly did this to Act 26 as well. Morons.

TV is not a subtle industry. Networks do not edit shows to embed clues for alert readers. They're barely capable of getting the word out through program listings, ads, and press releases.
Zopwx2 12-24-2003 12:42 AM
DAm them and their never ending quest for commerical time! Who cares about popcorn chicken and target~!~~~~~~~!!!!!!

ADult swim! You are a bunch of sell out LAME-O's!

*GASP* thats right lLAAAAAAAME-O's~!!!!


o yea and thanks for season 2. SEason 3 plz.
Zopwx2 01-10-2004 02:48 PM
They Adult Swim people are implementing a brand new forum.
It will most likley be easier to use, and maybe even show specific.

quote:
From: SwimBuddha Jan-8 1:08 pm

AdultSwim.com is pleased to announce that we will be implementing a new message board system, effective late next week. We think you'll find the new system more fluid and sophisticated, providing you with an enhanced online experience.
As with any change, however, there are some drawbacks. As hard as we'll try, some threads will be lost and others will wind up on the new system incomplete--that's just the reality of migrating over 1.3 million postings. We ask for your patience and understanding.

WHAT YOU MUST DO IMMEDIATELY: Go to "My Preferences" and verify you have a valid email address associated with your account. If your email address is not correct, you will be unable to retain your current screen name.

By the way, the mods are not yet entirely up to speed on the ins and outs of the migration. So please don't mercilessly torture them yet.

That's it. Look forward to seeing you on the other side...

--SwimBuddha


The best place on the web to show support for a season 3 is on their site.
Pythagoras 01-10-2004 02:54 PM
Thanks for posting that!
President Alex Rosewater 01-10-2004 02:55 PM
I guess,but we might be blocked out from all the other show fans.
Hobodoken 01-10-2004 03:11 PM
I'm all for a third season, and if my watching Big O had any impact, I'd make sure I did, as opposed to now where I just normally do.
Mega Dominus 01-10-2004 04:00 PM
That's still better than the mess they call a message board back when Act 26 didn't show for the first time... Sweatdrop
ZeaLitY 01-10-2004 05:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dr_malaki
Cowboy Bepop *is* turning out to be good, but it's not nearly as good as Big O.


It'll get that way, trust me.

Anyway, if the last few seconds were indeed cut to make room for Season 3, I'm all for it. Showing Roger as he appeared in the beginning leaves little room for expansion in the story, as it cryptically finishes the plot; it has figuratively 'come full circle.' It is true -- even if Season 3 unbelievably blows, at least the story is continued, and we do have an ending we can stick with -- even if it is not the official one.
noTomato 01-10-2004 05:53 PM
what most of you are saying is "I WANT A SEASON 3, I DON'T CARE IF IT'S GOOD OR BAD, JUST BECAUSE IT'S BIG O!!" But in reality, if the season 3 were to suck chunks, you and I will know and be rather disappointed. And then there's all the non-BigO-crazed people that just watch AS, they'll see BOS3 and probably change the channel when it's on, or just feel they no longer like AS just because of BOS3. So, there's always the chance that it'll suck. If CN wants a 3rd then it would take awhile, because it would be an extremely difficult idea to extend from Act26. The show got quite complicated in S2. And maybe they want to explain exactly how things happened prior to S1. So, all-in-all, maybe they don't know how to approach a 3rd season, but they're going to.
YZEtc 01-10-2004 06:05 PM
I want another season, although I realize that they can make it good or bad, or any way they want.

Just take a look a the season 2 finale.
Do I call that great?
Not by a longshot.
But, still, I like the series.

I'm just crossing my fingers that when the The Big O ball starts rolling, again, the guys in charge don't get caught-up in some kinda' Let's See Who Can Make The Most Confusing Finale For An Anime Series competition, again.
I bet that if they just want to tell us a killer story without getting too silly with the theology, we have nothing to fear.
It couid be done.

*crosses fingers*
Zopwx2 01-10-2004 06:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by noTomato
what most of you are saying is "I WANT A SEASON 3, I DON'T CARE IF IT'S GOOD OR BAD, JUST BECAUSE IT'S BIG O!!" But in reality, if the season 3 were to suck chunks, you and I will know and be rather disappointed. And then there's all the non-BigO-crazed people that just watch AS, they'll see BOS3 and probably change the channel when it's on, or just feel they no longer like AS just because of BOS3. So, there's always the chance that it'll suck. If CN wants a 3rd then it would take awhile, because it would be an extremely difficult idea to extend from Act26. The show got quite complicated in S2. And maybe they want to explain exactly how things happened prior to S1. So, all-in-all, maybe they don't know how to approach a 3rd season, but they're going to.


I have faith that it won't suck. In fact I believe the writers wanted to do a season 3 but didn't think it would be popular enough so they were rushed to condense all their ideas into the last couple episodes.

Plus act 26 completely ingored a ton of different loose ends in the show.

And if you are worried about a potentially sucky big o season 3 turning off viewers, don't worry its already happening. I'm willing to take that risk. Lots of people are turned of by both seasons. But there are alot of people who watched season 2 first then liked season 1.
CoCoaPuFF CatX 01-10-2004 09:54 PM
Come on we can do it!!!! OMG!! *starts running around room so happy that Big O could be making a season 3* But the question is how long would it take to make it!!! it took how long 4 years to get season 2 here so this still is no good....... Sweatdrop Frown
C.R Foxhound 01-10-2004 10:47 PM
i'd like to see a season 3, but 13 eps should be enough, 26, imo is too much room to mess up

in fact

what they should do is make 13 eps of big o by sunrise and the other 13 just stuff made by fans

*shrugs*
buuZERO 01-11-2004 11:56 PM
I'm one of those people who never really cared about S1. Then, when they started season 2, I started watching and was pretty much glued to 11pm on Sunday nights. The long story arc was something that kept me anticipating each episode. I liked s2 so much, I went back and watched s1, and loved it too. Now I am really hoping for a Big O season 3. 26 more episodes would kick so much ass, but I'm not holding my breath.
Expo 04 01-12-2004 12:06 AM
Keep in mind that the Swim_ people on the AS boards are just regular fans who have volunteered to help manage the boards. They don't work for CN or know their internal going-ons.
Bentar 01-12-2004 12:49 AM
quote:
Originally posted by buuZERO
I'm one of those people who never really cared about S1. Then, when they started season 2, I started watching and was pretty much glued to 11pm on Sunday nights. The long story arc was something that kept me anticipating each episode. I liked s2 so much, I went back and watched s1, and loved it too. Now I am really hoping for a Big O season 3. 26 more episodes would kick so much ass, but I'm not holding my breath.

I started watching it with the first season they showed on Toonami. I'm happy you didn't have to endure the almost 3 year 'cliffhanger' wait between season 1's finale and the beginning of season two. Smile For the longest time, season 1 was it, with no seaosn 2 in the works. I'm glad there is so much hope for season 3!

BTW, Welcome to the forums, buuZERO! Pleased
Piano Black 01-12-2004 01:48 AM
That long cliffhanger was hell for me. It left this one word in my mind.

"why'

I really wanted to know what happened 40 yrs ago. I wanted to see that fight between Big O and the union megadei. I wanted to know what Paradigm was like before the event. I wanted to see the third big we know as Big Fau.

I didn't get everything I wanted. I didn't really figure out what happened 40 years ago. Those little flashbacks didn't explain much.

Act 26 was another cliffhanger. How dare they stamp a "We have come to terms." on that. We have NOT come to terms.

Oooohhhh I am just crazzzzy.
Schwarzwald 01-12-2004 07:56 AM
Aw come on... I think that epiosde 26 was pretty self explainitory in the subject of what happened....

its mearly a play.... look... in how many plays have you seen that they need to retell the whole history of the people...

Lets just say that God wanted some entertainment...

Ther eis obviously alot more to this about how these characters fit into our real world but...

Seriously... does EVERYONE need everything all explained? You need mystery... Thats what makes us keep talking about it,.... tahts what makes it so cool....

I am in support for a season 3.... but I would like one of the past... say his military police days of roger smith...


Here is what I would like for aseason 3
1) We don't know much about roger's military police days... be nice to see when and how he quit...
2) Micheal Seebach... I want to see what got him interested in the past... and heh... his wife....
3) Possibly a military police and beck conflict...
4) What Angel did before she worked for paradigm... her childhood with her mother and the Union...
5) How did roger GET big o...
Shady Dark Lady 01-12-2004 08:12 AM
Yeah, I finally joined those boards...(WHAT A MESS!!!) I'm on there as Slayer chic because Shady Dark Lady was too long. Slayer chic was an unknown nickname I had in highschool..I found out about it years after I graduated. For all you young'uns, it was because I love the Band, and wore a Slayer shirt, and a black jacket with a Slayer patch that covered the back, and had Slayer pins on it.. I also requested a season three, but I wonder just how many of us have to do it before they really consider it...
BabyGhia 01-12-2004 02:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Schwarzwald
I am in support for a season 3.... but I would like one of the past... say his military police days of roger smith...


Here is what I would like for aseason 3
1) We don't know much about roger's military police days... be nice to see when and how he quit...
2) Micheal Seebach... I want to see what got him interested in the past... and heh... his wife....
3) Possibly a military police and beck conflict...
4) What Angel did before she worked for paradigm... her childhood with her mother and the Union...
5) How did roger GET big o...


All things that I have wondered about. Come on! I want to know how Roger learned to pilot Big O. What did Norman know already about Big O? Too many questions. BTW, everyone has had good ideas for season 3. Hopefully we don't have a 3 year wait.

BabyGhia