Season 3 Discussion

Penny Century 12-17-2003 10:38 AM
I saw the very end, with the Big O image, but not the part that led up to it. Sorry. You didn't imagine seeing it, if that helps. Wink
The Big Mo 12-17-2003 10:53 AM
Apparently the guys at Williams Street got a seven foot tall Big O somewhere. According the Swim_Raven on the AS.com boards, some pics will be put up in the webcam section on Monday.
R.Smith 12-17-2003 12:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Mo
Apparently the guys at Williams Street got a seven foot tall Big O somewhere. According the Swim_Raven on the AS.com boards, some pics will be put up in the webcam section on Monday.

did/does it look like either of these?

#1 is a prop in a store in japan, was used to bring attention to big o 1st season's boxed relase..or was it the 2nd season...anyways..

#2...i have no clue
The Big Mo 12-17-2003 12:28 PM
The first one, I think. I remember it had the glowing eyes and was in proportion.
R.Smith 12-17-2003 12:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Mo
The first one, I think. I remember it had the glowing eyes and was in proportion.

interesting, i don't suppose they'd sell it? Cool Wink
StevieV019 12-17-2003 12:30 PM
Yeah...it looked like the first one as well...I thought it looked cool...hope I didnt start too much hype about it...but who knows what it means about a 3rd season or anything...
Black Phoenix 12-17-2003 02:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by zopwx2
I heard sundays have been getting low rating recently. ANd they can't pull another wienstien from nowhere.

I hope now they're wishing they had more big o eps to keep sunday afloat.

Well of course the Sunday ratings went to hell . . . Big O moved to weeknights recently Wink

Still, I've heard a lot of mixed things about the success of Big O 2 . . . did the initial run do well? Or not? How about the reruns now? I was discussing this with others here a few weeks ago and I don't remember if we came to any definite conclusions . . . obviously we don't have access to the raw ratings data but you'd think there would be an indication of Big O's success somewhere . . .

Anybody have any info about this? Season 3 had better stand a chance of happening or I'll just have to make a Big of my own and go stomp around Williams Street in revenge . . . Tongue
Penny Century 12-17-2003 02:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Black Phoenix
Still, I've heard a lot of mixed things about the success of Big O 2 . . . did the initial run do well? Or not? How about the reruns now?

During the first run of Season 2, I read on a media site that TBO gave Cartoon Network its first Sunday-night ratings victory for an anime in early September, followed by its second and third in rapid succession during the same month. The article didn't take the October ratings into account, but they seem to have held steady.

As for the weeknight repeats, I remember seeing on the AS cards a couple of weeks ago that TBO was getting somewhere around 378,000 viewers per night. Considering that first-run S2 eps were getting slightly more than 400,000 viewers in an earlier timeslot on Sundays, these are pretty good numbers. Pretty really good numbers.
Advinius 12-17-2003 05:46 PM
so, does anyone else think that if teh studio would bother to drop cash money on a 7-foot prop for their office, that they are likely at least really seriously considering season 3? Big Grin
A Clockwork Tomato 12-17-2003 05:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Advinius
so, does anyone else think that if teh studio would bother to drop cash money on a 7-foot prop for their office, that they are likely at least really seriously considering season 3? Big Grin

Well, maybe. The folks in the Art Department may have whipped it together on a slow day, just because they thought it was cool. Since they're still showing BIG O, they have an excuse.
Zopwx2 12-17-2003 09:33 PM
quote:
To: newbine unread (29 of 32)

Unfortunately it always comes down to ratings

-R

quote:
To: darknight694 unread (30 of 32)

I don't think online petitions really work, they are so easy to do, but I don't know for sure so that is just my personal opinion. I think visible support on this boards through intelligent threads keeping the talk about the show alive would go further AND more people voting for Big O in the "Best of Adult Swim Stunt http://www.adultswim.com/promos/200312_bestofas/index.html

Take care-

R

Four Easy Ways to Keep Big O going!

1) Watch Big-O Reruns~!
2) Get more people to watch.
3) Post intelligent threads on www.adultswim.com
4) Vote for best of big o
( http://www.adultswim.com/promos/200312_bestofas/index.html ) Which airs sunday, december 28th~! Don't miss it.
Zopwx2 12-19-2003 11:19 PM
Bump!
Ryoma 12-19-2003 11:23 PM
That is one sweet pic R.Smith attached.

Oh, & if a third season does or doesn't happen, I'm fine. If it's good, I'll like it. If not, I pretend it's like DBGT & not meant to exist.

I just want to know how the Neilson ratings for Big-O are collected. I don't even know if I'm part of a Neilson family, so me turning on the TV those Sunday nights may have been wasted.
The Big Mo 12-20-2003 08:03 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ryoma

I just want to know how the Neilson ratings for Big-O are collected. I don't even know if I'm part of a Neilson family, so me turning on the TV those Sunday nights may have been wasted.

If you don't know, you most likely aren't. I think the hook some sort of box up to your TV and you log in when you're watching and it records what you watch. I think they get the ratings from a 5,000 home sample.
Zopwx2 12-20-2003 02:33 PM
Thats a pretty stupid system, Say everyone in your neighborhood is watching big o but the neilson guy decides to watch some stupid infomercial for the super chopper, we are all screwed.
Advinius 12-20-2003 02:48 PM
welcome to the way the media works. Big Grin
Mugiwara Luffy 12-21-2003 10:52 PM
Our family did the Neilsen ratings thing once! Each person got a little booklet and we logged what we watched and when. Half the stuff I watched was Adult Swim!

Anyways, that's how it works!
Zopwx2 12-22-2003 10:02 PM
The second run of season 2 is nearing completion. Do you think they might give us a hint as to the future of big o. I mean they haven't given us much to go on, but they haven't said no either.....
Mugiwara Luffy 12-23-2003 12:24 AM
I have decided, after wathcing the second season once more, that I do want a third season. I sure hope they make one!

I think it would not suck. Big Grin
Zopwx2 12-24-2003 12:32 AM
It seems they cut the last minute off big o, maybe to clear the story for a season 3?

Or to piss off fans again to see if the support is still there.

YES! Season 3 foreva~!

They owe us a season 3 after screwing with us so much.

I mean the co-produced season 2 and now big o has more fans than ever. Why won't they use this oppourtunity.

There ratings have been down.