Season 3 Discussion

Zopwx2 12-13-2003 07:24 PM
WHy must you stomp on our dreams psygnosis? WHY!

Well it must suck for you that watching alien makes you think about ressurection.

Your logic would have worked if 13 was the last episode. I would have been fine just leaving it there. But now that the've started it they have to fininsh it.

Act 26 didn't end the series. It just stopped it. SOOOO many loose ends its not even funny: http://www.paradigm-city.com/forums/thre...eadid=2863&sid=

Above all what makes it an unsatisfactory ending is even with months of analyzing and disscussion we are no closer to coming up with a good theory than we were when it first aired. Only vague theories that always contradict somthing in the show or someone elses theory.

Another alien analogy: alien ended with riply killing it and then going into hypersleep. It was over and you accepted it. It didnt end with ripley about to kill the alien then a blackhole opening up and everyone being sucked into another dimension where she is back on the nostromo.
Ryoma 12-13-2003 07:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by psygnosis
On that note I cant watch older, preveously extreamly funny, episodes of the Simpsons becuase I start thinking about how bad the new ones are.
Is it really that much to ignore the crap episodes later on & just enjoy the seasons when the Simpsons weren't reduced to what they are now?

I can ignore the last Godfather & Karate Kid movies or whatever the way I can ignore the last Rurouni Kenshin/Dragonball season/series (first 2 were fine, last one blew) & enjoy what entertained me about RK in the first place & pretend it ended with the trip to the graveyard instead.
Zopwx2 12-13-2003 07:28 PM
quote:
A third season is a bad idea.

Blasphemy!
psygnosis 12-13-2003 07:31 PM
one thing you have to remember is that throuout the second season they ended the shows with, to be continued.
in act 26 it said we have come to terms.

however you are talking to some one who thinks that roger and dorothy would never and should never get together, but thats a diffrent monolouge unto its self

i think that a third season would make alot of people happy, however i don't want it to happen
Zopwx2 12-13-2003 07:32 PM
Exactly. Does godfather 3 suck SOOOOO bad that you can't enjoy the first 2.

But we are missing the point. Who said a season 3 would suck in the first place. I think they intended to make a season 3.

But I agree if roger and dorothy ever get together, or kiss or somthing, it would signal the end of the show.
psygnosis 12-13-2003 07:38 PM
I'm not saying that a third season would be bad, it's just unnessisary and I felt that the second season was such a perfect end, that i would not risk a worse ending by making more.
BigO-SHOWTIME 12-13-2003 07:39 PM
Another good sign that we might actually get a season 3 is that Adult Swim, in their bumpers, consider act 26 the SEASON finale, NOT the final episode of the series.
Zopwx2 12-13-2003 07:47 PM
Perfect ending? How? I'm talking about the last ten minutes with that whole venus thing that was kind of like writing a mystery novel and then just saying that it was all a dream.

http://boards.adultswim.com/n/mb/message...80815.1&maxT=11

Even on the AS forums they just ramble on for almost 800 posts about what happend.

For example act 4 was a great episode, but post act 26 it still has no explanation for a lot of things that happend in that episode.
psygnosis 12-13-2003 07:53 PM
Thats what made it so good.
go read mistress and the tiger then you see what I meen.
Ryoma 12-13-2003 08:02 PM
I understand where you're coming from: some mysteries/things should remain unsolved/unsaid etc. Too many cooks spoil the meal. Answering them all would steal the msytique of one of Big-O's best elements.

There's not much I can type now, except I don't care anymore for a 3rd season or not. If it's what I want to see (remake), cool. If it does suck like a blackhole, I ignore it like Macross II & stick to the original. And if it never happens, I'll go watch something else.
Zopwx2 12-13-2003 08:03 PM
Not necasarrily. Discussing differnt ideas is ok but when it makes absolutley no sense thats a differnt story. Especially when no one can come up with a possible explanation without using some sort of wierd and hypothetical situation which involves assumptions not based on the show.

Therefore I shall write the best mystery in the world. I'll fill it with tons of mysterious scenes and thousands of possible symbols and clues, but then I've made it so complicated I don't know how to bring it all together. But AHA! I'll just nuke the whole city they were in, and leave them with insufficient information to come to a logical conclusion.

But, if you don't want a season 3 thats fine. Just don't start making threads in the AS forums about it or somthing like that, you will only slow down our progress to convince them that more episodes are good.
Wingnut 12-13-2003 09:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R and D
quote:
Originally posted by Unibasu
If there was a third season, I would only watch it if it has these:

1. Beck
2. How Paradigm City was created.
3. The real definitions of those "flashbacks" Roger had (like when it showed many androids built to look just like him. O_o That was weird).
4. More Beck
5. Why Paradigm City was created.
6. What will happen to Beck!!!

All 6 reasons are excellent! But u forgot one. Will Roger and Dorothy tell eachother that they both love eachother? Uhh gotta question. Can u post images on AS forums? Confused and guys get on there right now! there having the best of AS if u didn't know. VOTE FOR ANY BIG O EPISODE! I also posted a thread on who wanted a seaon 3 of big o in the AS forums under BabyYoshi25. so if u please post there as well. Maybe adultswim we understand us there too! Big Grin

We can only hope, I did leave a open invitation for anyone who may be interested to come over here and read ACT's season 3 fanworks.
Blackcat 12-13-2003 09:03 PM
Ther better be a damn season three!!!!

I WANT MORE BIGGAGE!

-B.C.
Wingnut 12-13-2003 09:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by zopwx2
But I agree if roger and dorothy ever get together, or kiss or somthing, it would signal the end of the show.
Thus we would know when it is REALLY over, kind of the same thing with the TV series J.A.G., If Harm and Mac were ever to accually get together long-term, the show would be over.
Point: When Roger and Dorothy finally admit that they love each other and kiss, then the series will be over at the end of that season.
Blackcat 12-13-2003 09:08 PM
Hmmmm... Yeah but how can Dorothy love roger? she is just a robot. And what about that little interlude with Roger and Angel in Act 20??

DIDN'T that mean something?

-B.C.
Big Money 12-13-2003 09:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ryoma
quote:
On that note I cant watch older, preveously extreamly funny, episodes of the Simpsons becuase I start thinking about how bad the new ones are.
Is it really that much to ignore the crap episodes later on & just enjoy the seasons when the Simpsons weren't reduced to what they are now?
I can ignore the last Godfather & Karate Kid movies or whatever the way I can ignore the last Rurouni Kenshin/Dragonball season/series (first 2 were fine, last one blew) & enjoy what entertained me about RK in the first place & pretend it ended with the trip to the graveyard instead.

Ahem. OMFG!!!! Sorry, I've seen all but 4 or 5 episdodes of this show, and my two favorites have got to be the Navy and Scorpio episodes. I mean, Backstreet Boys! James Bond! Comedic gold!

But, yes, Resurection did make the others worse. I saw Resurrection and cried at how gawdawful it was.

AND I am against a season three as well, (There, I said it!) because too much explaining would lesson the craziness of Big O, which, in my opinion, is one of the things that makes this show so cool. An OVA would be cool though...

*pant pant* BUT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!! Theres more!

quote:
Originally posted by that zop-whatever (what, This is an edit, and I can't remember what your name is, sorry...) Not necasarrily. Discussing differnt ideas is ok but when it makes absolutley no sense thats a differnt story. Especially when no one can come up with a possible explanation without using some sort of wierd and hypothetical situation which involves assumptions not based on the show.

Therefore I shall write the best mystery in the world. I'll fill it with tons of mysterious scenes and thousands of possible symbols and clues, but then I've made it so complicated I don't know how to bring it all together. But AHA! I'll just nuke the whole city they were in, and leave them with insufficient information to come to a logical conclusion.

But, if you don't want a season 3 thats fine. Just don't start making threads in the AS forums about it or somthing like that, you will only slow down our progress to convince them that more episodes are good.

I am not being sarcastic. That would be sooo cool... But yeah, it kind of seems like that is what they did... But I do like the end product, so...
John Doe 12-13-2003 09:21 PM
quote:
AND I am against a season three as well, (There, I said it!) because too much explaining would lesson the craziness of Big O, which, in my opinion, is one of the things that makes this show so cool. An OVA would be cool though...

How about a Big O movie in which they devote an entire hour to an exceedingly well drawn out battle between Big O and <insert megadeus name here>. I've always felt that the megadeus fights in the series (save possibly for the fight between Big O and Big Duo) were too short and inane to fully enjoy in accordance with the excellent setting. A movie (given that it's good) would allow for the considerably intervals of time necessary for truly spectacular megadeus battles that cannot be otherwise shown in the series.
Wingnut 12-13-2003 09:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by John Doe
quote:

How about a Big O movie in which they devote an entire hour to an exceedingly well drawn out battle between Big O and <insert megadeus name here>. I've always felt that the megadeus fights in the series (save possibly for the fight between Big O and Big Duo) were too short and inane to fully enjoy in accordance to the excellent setting. A movie (given that it's good) would allow for the considerably intervals of time necessary for truly spectacular megadeus battles that cannot be otherwise shown in the series.
Or perhaps doing a movie like 'Knocking on Heavans Door' did for Cowboy Bebop. haveing all the characters and most of the story in place already, but inserting a new Act in the series, true to the original, yet a different adventure in itself. In the case of Big O, set it at just before Dorothy was kidnapped.
Commander Amarao 12-14-2003 12:22 AM
Psygnosis, stop whining. If you don't want their to be a season 3 then if it comes out don't watch it. Who cares if it might be bad and your whole view as it being good will change. For every one person like you there's hundreds of people who think it will be good. So if you think the third season is going to be bad then who cares? You can't do anything about it anyways. Just ignore season 3 and stop complaining to us.
Advinius 12-14-2003 07:28 AM
I agree with what the good commander just said, but minus the venom.

I respect your opinon, even if i do not personally understand the whole underlying logic of "bad sequels ruing good originals". i personally feel that any honest attempt at contiuing something according to it's original vision is worthy of giving a chance.