[Question] Who determines signiture length?

Cecil XIX 02-15-2004 10:35 PM
To be more specific, is the 300 character maximum in signiture determined by Administrators, or some outside source? I ask, because I was trying to set up a new sig, but found the quote itself to be too big. Would it be rude of me to ask if the limit could be changed?
Crystalline 02-15-2004 10:47 PM
Methinks the admins determine the size of the signature, as there was recently an increase in size to 400 max characters for legendary members and moderators... So unfortunately no extra space for us norms *tee hee* at least not right now.
Krang 02-16-2004 12:06 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil XIX
To be more specific, is the 300 character maximum in signiture determined by Administrators, or some outside source? I ask, because I was trying to set up a new sig, but found the quote itself to be too big. Would it be rude of me to ask if the limit could be changed?

How many characters over the maximum is the new sig?
Cecil XIX 02-16-2004 06:30 PM
The text itself is 369 characters, But it would be 450 or 509 for one or two pictures, respectively. Would that be a problem?
Krang 02-17-2004 02:55 AM
Hmm, that's quite a bit longer than the current limit, and the pictures would make it even longer than the limit for Forum Legends and mods. My suggestion would be to put the text in an image (like the Japanese text in my sig) and to add that to your sig. If you need any help, feel free to post the text here and I'd be glad to make the image for you (just let me know the font and text color).
Cecil XIX 02-22-2004 12:03 AM
Thank you, that would be fantastically helpful. The standard font, (whatever that is) would be fine, and I would like it to be in white font, and bolded. The text is as follows:

Is that it Domon? Can it be you've already reached the limits of your abilities? And you call yourself the King of Hearts. Use your legs! And crouch for better balance! You can't even beat one measly villain like me, you worthless pupil! Well, what's wrong?! To kneel is to give up the fight!! Get up! Rise! Show you can still rise! - Master Asia, Ep. 45

Again, I really appreciate it.
Krang 02-22-2004 12:45 AM
No problem, here's the image:

You can use this link to add it to your sig:
http://irev.net/paradigm/masterasia.gif
Cecil XIX 02-22-2004 10:41 AM
Awesome. Again, thanks. If there's anything I can do to repay the favor, just let me know.