Mystic Meaning of your Signature

YoruameBaroness 03-06-2004 05:51 PM
My sig is the man I adore, Manfred von Richthofen. I idolize him. He is Der Rote Kampffligger, The Red Knight of Germany, Le Diable Rouge . . .

But, the reason he is my sig is that he stands for and symbolizes all that is important to me: honor, nobility, valor, and dignity. He was very noble and honorable, and I strive to preserve those ideals in my attitudes and the way I carry myself.

The quote under there is because I wonder something. Since he didn't make it out of the war alive, does that make him dumb or unlucky?
angelcakes 03-06-2004 05:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
quote:
Originally posted by angelcakes
My current sig. is a picture of Chi from the cover of Chobits #7. It includes a quote that is used a lot in the book, and has my user name on it. I made a matching sig to it, and of course I still have my clamp message and fan boy list on it. I'm never getting rid of those.

*pokes sig pic* Um, right now it is a box with a red x in the top left corner.
As for mine, no changes since last time as far as the text goes, but I have added/changed the pics. The first is self-explanatory, and is just one I happened to like and the second is one that R.Smith made when the second season of Teen Titans started, and I have had it there ever sence. pen1300 has the fangirl version in her sig.

You forget I use imagestation. If you really want to see it, here's the link.

My sig. pic
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid104/pf44e4a1690f590a7f337a362c2738
f70/f986075a.jpg
Bismarck 03-07-2004 02:47 AM
Well, my signature picture displays a nice mug shot of one of the Mass Production Evangelions. Then the quote that I could hardly fit is an excerpt from John Milton's work Paradise Lost.

I think it is an ode to those induviduals who are cut short in their pursuit of the meaning of life....
Manji 03-07-2004 01:16 PM
My signature is about Hellsing, I thought it was pretty cool... maybe I was wrong?
Bismarck 03-07-2004 01:23 PM
No, I think that your signature is absolutely wicked!
Manji 03-07-2004 01:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by God of the Sea
No, I think that your signature is absolutely wicked!

Well, I'm glad at least some people like it Big Grin
The Fallen Phoenix 03-07-2004 06:06 PM
Well, my signature is an english translation of a part of Bu chu Xiamen xing, a poem taken from Wei Wudi WeiWendi shi zhu (Poems by Cao Cao and Cao Pi; with commentary by Huang Jie).

Cao Cao wrote Bu chu Xiamen xing, and he is a very (in)famous figure in Chinese history, having been King of Wei, the largest of the three kingdoms (the others being Liu Bei's Shu and Sun Quan's Wu), during the Three Kingdoms Era following the fall of the Later Han Dynasty (which realisitically occured in the late 100s...around 190).

He was portrayed as a very villainous figure in the Romance of Three Kingdoms, so that's the stereotypical impression of him...(the Three Kingdoms era is highly romanticized; it's kind of like Asia's answer to the Camelot tales, to give a Western equivalent).

Well, I have (part of) the poem in my signature because I think it's a nice poem...and I'm personally a bigger fan of Cao Cao then most (sure he was ambitious, but so is everyone Tongue ) I do recommend the Romance of Three Kingdoms if anyone happens to come across it (which is hard to do, as you usually need to go looking for it Tongue ); if you're a fan of history, especially Chinese history, it's a good read, even if events are largely exaggerated (like any good 2000 page historical novel).
Manji 03-07-2004 06:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
Well, my signature is an english translation of a part of Bu chu Xiamen xing, a poem taken from Wei Wudi WeiWendi shi zhu (Poems by Cao Cao and Cao Pi; with commentary by Huang Jie).

Cao Cao wrote Bu chu Xiamen xing, and he is a very (in)famous figure in Chinese history, having been King of Wei, the largest of the three kingdoms (the others being Liu Bei's Shu and Sun Quan's Wu), during the Three Kingdoms Era following the fall of the Later Han Dynasty (which realisitically occured in the late 100s...around 190).

He was portrayed as a very villainous figure in the Romance of Three Kingdoms, so that's the stereotypical impression of him...(the Three Kingdoms era is highly romanticized; it's kind of like Asia's version of the Camelot tales, to give a Western equivalent).

Well, I have (part of) the poem in my signature because I think it's a nice poem...and I'm personally a bigger fan of Cao Cao then most (sure he was ambitious, but so is everyone Tongue ) I do recommend the Romance of Three Kingdoms if anyone happens to come across it (which is hard to do, as you usually need to go looking for it Tongue ); if you're a fan of history, especially Chinese history, it's a good read, even if events are largely exaggerated (like any good 2000 page historical novel).

Translation Provided By Babel Fish

FP's sig is a poem written by a famous Chinese Guy named Cao Cao.

Big Grin

Sorry had to run that through an Online Translator to understand it Big Grin
The Fallen Phoenix 03-07-2004 06:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Manji
Translation Provided By Babel Fish

FP's sig is a poem written by a famous Chinese Guy named Cao Cao.

Big Grin

Sorry had to run that through an Online Translator to understand it Big Grin

Embarrassed Sweatdrop Sorry about that Manji; I'll stick to English next time. Big Grin Anime Smile Tongue Anime Smile Big Grin
Manji 03-07-2004 06:35 PM
No problem, just don't forget how easily it is to confuse me Big Grin Laughing Anime Smile Smile ) Smile Pleased Sleeping
dominusofdeath 03-07-2004 06:35 PM
My sig declares my love for ALOT of women Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Anime Smile Anime Smile Anime Smile Anime Smile Drooling Drooling Drooling Drooling
Bismarck 03-07-2004 07:13 PM
Hey FP I own the book The Art of War which mentions quite a few things about Cao Cao. It also talks about the Romance of The Three Kingdoms which as you said is like a Chinese camelot (even though that isn't exactly correct). There is also a lot of good phrases whose applications are so broad that they can apply to nearly anything.

Maybe in the future I will use one of them in my signature...
Quint 03-08-2004 04:44 AM
mine be cheap and easy , but it is my calling card, just call me the paradigm hitman

see it involves my love of takin out people (soon to be ted kennedy) and my love foor fire arms, i am for hire!!!!!!!!!!

no sex slaves, just takin people out,
The Fallen Phoenix 03-08-2004 06:55 PM
Both my avatar and signature (as well as a few other bits of my profile) are all reflecting my true nature as the Kaiser of the Megadeus Fighting League, an oppressive ruler who rules from the constraints of his dark observation tower. Tongue

For details on how this started, check the thread Krang locked in the MFL sub-forum.

Anyway, besides my Imperial Flag, my signature also includes somy lyrics from "The Show Must Go On" (Queen).

And my avatar (though this isn't the place, I'll say it anyway) is the Eye of Sauron, gazing at the One Ring which hangs before it. Big Grin
Dude Love 03-08-2004 07:02 PM
All hail the Kaiser.

Hmm, my sig. Let's see.

Shaoblane is my sole fangirl. I am a member of her evil organization, POINTLESS.

There's also the Vote For Your State Poll.

Um, I am Wienberg the Gray (search for "The Order").
Prons 03-08-2004 07:27 PM
It shouldnt have been a thread in the first place... kind of mad at FP for not only spliting it, but putting a poll in it. Really good for my public opinion aint it?

Anyway... my signature is... basicly... the status of my project.
The Fallen Phoenix 03-08-2004 08:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Prons
It shouldnt have been a thread in the first place... kind of mad at FP for not only spliting it, but putting a poll in it. Really good for my public opinion aint it?

Anyway... my signature is... basicly... the status of my project.

I had to split it, because those posts were getting completely off-topic. I took the poll down, though. For those who were keeping score, it was 12 yes to 4 no.

No real change with my sig, though I might edit the edges of the phoenix later if I get the chance (sad attempt to stay on-topic).
Prons 03-08-2004 11:50 PM
Mmm do you have problems cropping to? I can NEVER get that right.
evanASF27 03-08-2004 11:57 PM
I think it's to make the phoenix stand out more...but that's just me.

Anyways, my sig is very simple.

I am Inspector Zenigata of the ICPO! (heh...I am)
~ ..... ~ (MFL stats and stuff)
Member of POINTLESS! (BWHAHAHAHAHAA!!)

*pic*
In the Words of our great leader, "Either you are with us or your little ass is grass!"

(quote from LupinIII "Hell toupee". The scene is the very german-looking army salutes what they think is a picture of their leader Hutler ((yes it's a spoof of Hitler)). Also the meaning of the Hail Fallen Phoenix stuff can be first noticed from one of Prons' rant posts...heh...FP thought he was being called an evil ruler so hell with it! LET'S IDOLIZE HIM!! HEIL!!! HEIL!!! (((guess who Zenigata represents Tongue ))) hehehee Evil )

*EDIT*
Your sig Prons...makes no sense Confused ...I'm not teasing when I say those things Tongue Mad Evil Mad Sweatdrop
Kat 03-09-2004 12:09 AM
Mine (obviously or not) shows the last scene of the last episode of Cowboy Bebop (before the end message), along with the last four lines of the CB song "Blue" that played at the end, those lines playing when than scene is shown. I love the end of the show and song. ^_^