Has Death Metal gone too far? (*Warning*: Explicit content ahead! For Mature Readers ONLY!

Travis Bickle 02-10-2004 02:26 PM
I listen to a lot of different types of music, but the one that I listen to most (along with a handful of others in the paradigm city fourms) is heavy metal. From metal, different sub-catogories emerge, such as speed metal, Goth, and Death Metal. I happen to listen to some death metal, but recently, a friend has informed me about a Death Metal band in which I feel goes a little to far. This band is vulgarly titled
spoiler (highlight to read):
Anal c**t
Some of their song titles are
I Like Drugs And Child Abuse, I Sent A Thankyou Card To The Guy That Raped You, I Sent Concentration Camp Footage To Americas Funniest Home Videos, I Snuck A Retard In To A Sperm Bank, You're Pregnant, So I Kicked You In The Stomach, I Sold Your Dog To A Chinese Restaurant, and The Guy Who Shot His Kid Up With A.I.D.S. Is Awesome
, just to name a few. Not to sound like Mr. Lieberman (who I HATE!) but I, a responsible 17 year old (with terrible spelling) feel that
Anal c**t
pushes Death Metal and lyrics too far. I'm against them, but if you want to see for yourselves, use that certain program (the one with 5 letters in its name, starts with a K and ends in a Z) or another one to find out what I'm talking about. I just feel that the other metal heads in PC should know and/or be warned about this group.

I shall now end my incessant babbling.
Stampede 02-10-2004 02:30 PM
It's all probably just to get them attention. They're not... well, to put it bluntly, they're not any GOOD, so they have to rely on shock value alone.
Sharpshooter005 02-10-2004 02:32 PM
Sounds...boring as hell.

Target audience: self-mutilating kids who enjoy bandying about senseless idiocy about death to make themselves feel big. Just a guess anyway.
Mike 02-10-2004 03:20 PM
O...k...
That whole genre of music is just stupid. They're just trying to get everyone's attention by saying weird crap like that.

I doubt that the singer is even intelligible. Everything in death metal just sounds like RAARGH!!!! anyway.
Grimland Domain 02-10-2004 03:26 PM
They're grind, not death, by the way.

quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105
I doubt that the singer is even intelligible. Everything in death metal just sounds like RAARGH!!!! anyway.

What's wrong with that?
Commander Amarao 02-10-2004 03:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Grimland Domain
quote:

What's wrong with that?

It suuuuuuucks. Almost all rock bands are now just with guys who are as skinny and pale as an albino kindergartner or bands with guys who dress up like it's halloween, worship satan, and don't even sing actual words anymore. My friend made me listen to Korn one day and I almost dragged him into the street and shot him.
Kairi 02-10-2004 03:56 PM
None of that is shocking, it's just stupid. I mean, with song titles like "You're Pregnant, So I Kicked You In The Stomach," how could anyone even take them the least bit seriously? That kinda concept won't be selling a lot of albums, not when their attempt at shock value is just making people laugh at them.

I'm not a big fan of Death Metal, anyway. I agree with GAT in saying that most bands resort to the same tactic with every song. There is some crazy guitar riff, some whispering, then screaming.. over and over. But, hey, if that's what you like, then commence the half-assed headbanging!

[Cough]IndustrialPWNS[Cough] =P
dominusofdeath 02-10-2004 04:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Commander Amarao
quote:
Originally posted by Grimland Domain
quote:

What's wrong with that?

It suuuuuuucks. Almost all rock bands are now just with guys who are as skinny and pale as an albino kindergartner or bands with guys who dress up like it's halloween, worship satan, and don't even sing actual words anymore. My friend made me listen to Korn one day and I almost dragged him into the street and shot him.

ROFLMAO
you are right
and poser bands like blink 182 and good charlotte
THEY ARE NOT PUNK
dead kennedys are punk
the clash is punk
ramones are punk
im no lieberman either
but enoguh is enough WHO ARE THEY TRYING TO SCARE children????
my cousin could prolly beat up lars ulrich AND MY COUSIN IS 9

i prefer jazz music myself actually i like all music(cept goth,country,DEATH METAL, metal some rock groups, pop,RAP,techno,dance,club(like i say(this applies to 1997 and up)"if its a hit its probably s**t")
edit 2 o i also hate patriotic music(not just american ALL)
and holiday music some
it just gets annoying
Commander Amarao 02-10-2004 04:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dominusofdeath
ROFLMAO
you are right
and poser bands like blink 182 and good charlotte
THEY ARE NOT PUNK
dead kennedys are punk
the clash is punk
ramones are punk
im no lieberman either
but enoguh is enough WHO ARE THEY TRYING TO SCARE children????
my cousin could prolly beat up lars ulrich AND MY COUSIN IS 9

Yeah those bands are all good. I like the ramones (don't really listen to them). Don't know who the clash is Confused . But I do like Dead Kennedys(mainly because of the song featured on the Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas cd). I don't even really listen to rock (I like rap and reggae) and these are great bands. Bands that think their psychos and murderers probably got beat up every day at school and by their little sisters. Oh yeah, who's Lieberman Confused .
dominusofdeath 02-10-2004 04:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Commander Amarao
Yeah those bands are all good. I like the ramones (don't really listen to them). Don't know who the clash is Confused . But I do like Dead Kennedys(mainly because of the song featured on the Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas cd). I don't even really listen to rock (I like rap and reggae) and these are great bands. Bands that think their psychos and murderers probably got beat up every day at school and by their little sisters. Oh yeah, who's Lieberman Confused .

Joe Lieberman was a pres canidate and Al Gores VP canidate thats why Al lost
JOE WANTS TOO BAN ALL MUSIC
Sharpshooter005 02-10-2004 04:25 PM
quote:
Joe Lieberman was a pres canidate and Al Gores VP canidate thats why Al lost

Oh that's...not the full reason why Al lost. I think it's because they didn't install his pontificating circutry until post-election (hence why now, when he gives a speech, he screams like a baptist minister on speed).

Liberman seems out of his trumped up "media watchdog" phase. And he's gradually becoming more sane.

Which is probably why he dropped out of the election, how can someone whos head is screwed on correctly deal with Dean and his psychotic screams, and John Kerry who makes himself out to be on the verge of screaming "NVA IN THE TREES!" and trying to choke a reporter who gets too close.

But I'm digressing.

I stick by my prior assessment of this music.
Bonnie Frasier 02-10-2004 05:34 PM
quote:
I, a responsible 17 year old (with terrible spelling) feel that (the band in question) pushes Death Metal and lyrics too far.

I like all kinds of music, but not everything like extreme metal crap. Anybody remember Gwar, how they were so contraverstial, well who the hell knows where they are now. Instead of focussing on crappy shock music focus on crappy parents. Crappy parents that raise stupid children with so little inteligence, original thought, culture or free will, most likely due to the fact that so many parents just let kids grow up in culture on their own and try to stay out of it, that when the kids are teenagers they can be influenced by just about anything.

I myself was raised devoid of influence from my parents except for the abuse of every substance known to man taken to damning excess, which is why I rubuke any such vices. Unfortunately most kids only partially see how harmful vice can be and they grow up to follow in their parents foot steps. Sorry if I'm getting off the music topic but like I've said bad music is popular with stupid kids directly because of bad parenting.

I look at China and think it's terrible that they have laws governing how many children parents can have but considering the downfall of American parenting skills maybe a law requiring parents to get a parenting license or something to qualify them to be parents before they can have kids, although pitifully unamerican, would be appropriate.

Again I apoligize for my rambling off topic.
Trotsky 02-10-2004 05:39 PM
most of the music relaced now complety sucks any way. distrubed is the best metel, if you can actuley call it that with out the mighty Axe playing of the best rock, is the best that i've herd in a wile. not to say that all of modern music stinks. just the masive majority of things selling, not because of good music, but because of boobies.

espicley when it comes to people like Jesica simpson. in a couple of the scetches in SNL she was on either it was a fluke of the unerverse, or she actuley is pretty smart and just act's like a ditz sence it makes her a lot of money.
dominusofdeath 02-10-2004 05:40 PM
i took a poll at my school last year on music i did it on the seniors the kids who listened to metal and stuff STILL LIVE WITH THIER MOM AND/OR DAD
the kids that listen to POP and RAP work at VGs
most others r fine
Mike 02-10-2004 05:49 PM
Dude...high school seniors still live at home...hell, I go to college and I still live at home...

quote:

Um.....VGs?
dominusofdeath 02-10-2004 05:52 PM
quote:
Dude...high school seniors still live at home...hell, I go to college and I still live at home...

quote:

Um.....VGs?

it was done last year which means they are suppose to be in college
VG's is a supermarket like kessels or i dunno
Kairi 02-10-2004 06:15 PM
quote:
i took a poll at my school last year on music i did it on the seniors the kids who listened to metal and stuff STILL LIVE WITH THIER MOM AND/OR DAD

Honestly, what's your point? Are you implying that listening to metal, pop, or rap will ruin your life and or make you unsuccessful? If so, then our generation is completely f*cked.
dominusofdeath 02-10-2004 06:45 PM
Some people need lives.
Jeff 02-10-2004 06:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dominusofdeath
not entirely
tet
im merely showing that kids who listen to bad music (lol) do bad in school
well people tend to try to act like thier music so to speak
if u listen to rap
u want to be a gangsta
guitar music u play air guitar(i play air banjo Crying )
society tends to mimic what they like
i like MASH i joke around like hawkeye(i write my own material on the spot)
people who listen to metal usually r kids who do drugs prolly influenced by the music and beat people not me i beat people and dont listen to evil music(j/k)
ill finish this later i have to get in the shower now

Thats not necessarily true. It really depends on the person we're talking about, and how susceptible they are to be "corrupted" by music...

Though nowadays, the number of people who listen to music for what it is are diminishing...

You've forgotten one other category, though...people who don't listen to music! They tend to be incredibly boring...like me!
*weird stares*
Shady Dark Lady 02-10-2004 07:19 PM
Ok, since I am older than most of you...
Back in the 1700's, Johnathan Swift wrote a story called "A Modest Proposal". It mentions eating the homeless to end starvation, and to get rid of the poor. I think A.C. is one of those bands who trys to bring to light that we live in an F'ed up society..Every song mentioned was actually something that happened. It was all things reported in the News. I read the newspaper everyday, and all they did was point the headlines out. I'm not saying I agree with the method to thier madness, but perhaps they are being tongue-in-cheek about it. I can find better, more productive ways to get a point across.

Before or around the time some of you were born, a bunch of bored senator's wives started the PMRC. They tried to ban/censor music. The fruit of their labour are those little black and white "Warning, Explicit Lyrics, Parental Guidence" stickers that I just LOVE sooo much. Ed Gein the serial killer, inspired tons of bands/songs/movies (Psycho, and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre just to name a few). The Mentors used to write about Necrophilia, as did Alice Cooper. The Mentors also tried to be as outrageous as the could be, and they were just tongue-in-cheek.
By the way...The Clash was an INCREDIBLY Talanted band who sang songs like "Train in Vain" (you know, the song that goes...You didn't stand by me, no not at all, you didn't stand by me..through it..), London's calling, Rock the Casbah, and one all of you young'uns probally know... Should I stay or should I go.. Although, some of my favorites are "Lost in the Supermarket", I fought the Law and the Law won, The Magnificent Seven and My Daddy was a Bank Robber.

I listen to some Death Metal, but if I can't understand the lyrics, WHAT IS THE POINT?? One of my Favorite bands is Morbid Angel, and I enjoy Deicide, and YES I can understand what they are singing!! As for Satanism, many bands sing about it, but VERY FEW are Actual DEVIL worshippers..King Diamond is one of the few who is actually a Satanist. Most bands just write about it, because they grew up watching alot of old horror movies or reading horror stories. And for those of you who don't know..Deicide is the Act of Killing God..Deicide sings about killing Jesus, but if I met him, I wouldn't kill him...I just like the music, it doesn't mean I agree with everything they say!! I love Bad Religion (punk) but I don't always agree with their point of veiw..