Has Death Metal gone too far? (*Warning*: Explicit content ahead! For Mature Readers ONLY!

spiked-knives 03-19-2006 02:10 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
Cannibal Corpse = pwnage

While A.C is considered Grindcore they are also in the Noisecore/Hatecore genre's, and Seth Putnam has several other bands such as Angry Hate,Impaled Northern Moonforest (parody of crappy black metal bands), among others. Just some fun facts.

Just out of couriousity I need to know somthing. Please tell me I can not judge all of grindcore of off Napalm Death. Are there better bands of the genre?
Sharpshooter005 03-19-2006 02:19 AM
This was fun when I could just call bands attention whores.

Now it's confusing...we've got...grindcore, hatecore, softcore, noisecore, corecore.

I'm..yeah what the hell is the difference. Maybe a graph could explain this.

quote:
Almost all rock bands are now just with guys who are as skinny and pale as an albino kindergartner or bands with guys who dress up like it's halloween, worship satan, and don't even sing actual words anymore.

Sort of like that boost mobile ad where the skeleton covered in tattoos and a mowhawk walks around, and he's supposed to be a drummer?

"Luckily for us, he HAS boost mobile". How the hell is this lucky for me, everytime the ad comes on I think I've just flipped channels and caught the middle of day of the dead.
David Ryder 03-19-2006 02:34 AM
quote:
Just out of couriousity I need to know somthing. Please tell me I can not judge all of grindcore of off Napalm Death. Are there better bands of the genre?

Can't say because I love Napalm Death. I suppose you could try Carcass, they are more goregrind than anything though, but Grindcore is a hit or miss genre, some good some bad. However Napalm Death is credited by almost any fan of the grindcore genre as the founder and grandfather of this style, but after their first two albums, they became a death metal band, however some call them political grindcore.

This might help sharp, I'll explain as best as I can.

Grindcore: Grindcore is an extreme form of hardcore punk and heavy metal, related to both death metal and crust punk, but historically formed by combining elements of Hardcore Punk and early thrash metal.

Hatecore: Related to RAC (rock against communism), don't let the name fool ya, it's actually a lable for white power bands such as Brutal Attack, and Battlezone.

Noisecore/Noisegrind: structure-free grindcore, with feedback, hateful lyrics and general disregard for musicianship.

theres more kinda of cores and grinds, but it be late and I must get back to playing Shadow Hearts 3. Also if anyone wants to discuss music with me, feel free to drop me an e-mail, and/or send me a message via AOL, or Yahoo, although I'm on Yahoo more.