Has Death Metal gone too far? (*Warning*: Explicit content ahead! For Mature Readers ONLY!

re-animate 02-10-2004 07:27 PM
i like all metal

death metal i listen to when im in the mood

a dangerous ugly mood.

but only then

it makes me throw stuff......

hehehe
Zopwx2 02-10-2004 07:28 PM
I've never heard their music but I'll have to agree with the other people around here and say that they just us names like that to make people notice them.
dominusofdeath 02-10-2004 07:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by jeff 25
quote:
Originally posted by dominusofdeath
not entirely
tet
im merely showing that kids who listen to bad music (lol) do bad in school
well people tend to try to act like thier music so to speak
if u listen to rap
u want to be a gangsta
guitar music u play air guitar(i play air banjo Crying )
society tends to mimic what they like
i like MASH i joke around like hawkeye(i write my own material on the spot)
people who listen to metal usually r kids who do drugs prolly influenced by the music and beat people not me i beat people and dont listen to evil music(j/k)
ill finish this later i have to get in the shower now

Thats not necessarily true. It really depends on the person we're talking about, and how susceptible they are to be "corrupted" by music...

Though nowadays, the number of people who listen to music for what it is are diminishing...

You've forgotten one other category, though...people who don't listen to music! They tend to be incredibly boring...like me!
*weird stares*

OI NOT AGAIN
not corrupted
they are influenced
NOT CORRUPTED

music corrupts the mentally weak if u r influenced by something to the point its a problem then u might ave an imparment(not making fun of people(my cousin is autistic))
but it is true that MOST people im talking THE GREATER PERCENT LIKE 80+
are influenced by music and/or media
im not the ony person who says that either

IM NOT A CONCERNED PARENT
i hate kids
freaking anklebitters
Kairi 02-10-2004 08:17 PM
Shady Dark Lady.. have you read any of the lyrics to their songs? There's no message behind them, nor are they trying to bring to light the ills of society, they're just being assholes. That's it. They have a song to bash everything and anyone, and yes, each song has the same lyrics, just with different names of people to insult. Can't believe they even have a record label..
Grimland Domain 02-10-2004 08:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Tetsujin
They're just being assholes.

Finally, someone has an idea as to what grind is about. They aren't enlightening anyone, nor are they trying to be noticed. It's all about being an asshole.
Lupin IV 02-10-2004 08:56 PM
Hearing about all that reminded me of the time I saw lyrics for songs by the "angry aryans". You can guess what kinda stuff was in there. Mad
Bismarck 02-11-2004 12:27 AM
Usually people don't listen to heavy metal or gangsta rap to inspire thoughts of reflection and contemplation. I listen to the latter but even that after a while becomes boring and irritating.

Strangely enough listening to that kind of music makes me sleepy. But for someone to say that all music under those categories is pointless garbage is ignorant in itself. Hell yeah a lot of the stuff is a bunch of talentless #$%@! trying to get attention. But there are some artists who really have something to say.

Kinda like trying to find the diamond in the ruff.
Fujiko 02-11-2004 12:42 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Shady Dark Lady
Ok, since I am older than most of you...
Back in the 1700's, Johnathan Swift wrote a story called "A Modest Proposal". It mentions eating the homeless to end starvation, and to get rid of the poor. I think A.C. is one of those bands who trys to bring to light that we live in an F'ed up society..Every song mentioned was actually something that happened. It was all things reported in the News. I read the newspaper everyday, and all they did was point the headlines out. I'm not saying I agree with the method to thier madness, but perhaps they are being tongue-in-cheek about it. I can find better, more productive ways to get a point across.

*hey i've read that before*

i'm gonna have to agree. the majority of those kind of songs say absolutely nothing and those people who sing them pretty much are assholes trying to get money. they give those who really wanna get a message out a bad name.
Sharpshooter005 02-11-2004 12:48 AM
This is becoming another one of those 'everyone has read/seen/heard this but me' situations. As you two now make three people I've had mention this book around me.

quote:
You've forgotten one other category, though...people who don't listen to music! They tend to be incredibly boring...like me!

Eventually you'll hit my level. Where you listen to the soviet anthem, and hum things from the episcopal hymnal you acquired through odd circumstances (and by odd, I mean somebody just wanted to pawn it off, because they apparently had about four) for no clear reason.

...Yeah, you'll want to watch out for that.

Alright, this is going to sound cynical..but...if you want to see information, or see society is "f'ed up". Pick up a newspaper, put on the news, go read a book. I've never considered music as a great form of spreading awareness on a subject, mainly because you'll get a large majority who suddenly stumble upon the concept that "Wait...if I mention the names of various demons, self-mutilation, and just blindly slander all forms of establishment, I CAN RETIRE BY AGE 42! *Writes some song about legion's snack cakes, or what not*".

Again, overgeneralization? Probably. Cynical? Yeah, maybe. Knowledgable on music? Let's just say I frequently forget who the ramones even ARE (just an example..I'm not saying they're death metal. Even I'm not that wacked out. The metaphorical cave I live in does get three to four radio stations on cloudless days. ..Yeah, you get...I don't really command a huge level of knowledge in this field, there we go.), and I don't usually ask to be reminded.
Travis Bickle 02-11-2004 06:51 AM
Yeah, it is pretty sad that they have a record deal. They've been around since the early 90s

But anyway, some nutcase actually thinks this is good music, and decided to sign them to a record label. Whoever did that
spoiler (highlight to read):
deserves to get their testicles forcefully removed from their body.
I mean, I'd rather listen to Missy Eliot than this, and Missy Eliot sucks!
Silv3rKnigh1 02-11-2004 11:55 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Sounds...boring as hell.

Target audience: self-mutilating kids who enjoy bandying about senseless idiocy about death to make themselves feel big. Just a guess anyway.

well put lol

id rather listen to yuki kajiura anyday
Shady Dark Lady 02-11-2004 08:36 PM
A.C. probally has a VERY warped sense of humour..I don't agree with it, because like I said, there are better ways to bring messages to light.
I always thought GWAR was kind of funny...How can anyone take them seriously?? Gwar is made up of members from Rigor Mortis and Ministry... And, there are MANY INTELLIGENT Metal bands/songs out there. Here are just a few examples...
Iron Maiden sang about Ryme of the Ancient Mariner..That exposed many metalheads to Poetry, because many Maiden fans started reading the Poem the song was based off.

When Ozzy was with Black Sabbath, he wrote a song called Killing Yourself to live, which warns about the dangers of drinking/drugs.
Metallica wrote Master of Puppets for the same reason.

Slayer..Yes Slayer has a song called Expendable youth which deals with kids,drug turf wars..and they have a song called Skeletons of Society that speaks of the aftermath of Nuclear war.

I have a ton more, but I don't want to bore anyone. I did a college presentation on the subject of Heavy Metal and how it has so many sub-catagories, and how it has both positive/negative messages.
Iron Maiden 02-12-2004 06:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Shady Dark Lady
A.C. probally has a VERY warped sense of humour..I don't agree with it, because like I said, there are better ways to bring messages to light.
I always thought GWAR was kind of funny...How can anyone take them seriously?? Gwar is made up of members from Rigor Mortis and Ministry... And, there are MANY INTELLIGENT Metal bands/songs out there. Here are just a few examples...
Iron Maiden sang about Ryme of the Ancient Mariner..That exposed many metalheads to Poetry, because many Maiden fans started reading the Poem the song was based off.

When Ozzy was with Black Sabbath, he wrote a song called Killing Yourself to live, which warns about the dangers of drinking/drugs.
Metallica wrote Master of Puppets for the same reason.

Slayer..Yes Slayer has a song called Expendable youth which deals with kids,drug turf wars..and they have a song called Skeletons of Society that speaks of the aftermath of Nuclear war.

I have a ton more, but I don't want to bore anyone. I did a college presentation on the subject of Heavy Metal and how it has so many sub-catagories, and how it has both positive/negative messages.

that is all true, and proves that not all Metal bands are satanic or talk about that in every song like everyone thinks....sometimes its just the sound of it that makes it sound ''evil'' or ''satanic''.... hell, iv even heard that theres a 'Christian Metal'....
Shady Dark Lady 02-13-2004 12:54 PM
Not that I'm a Christian Metal fan but..
In the '80's there was a band called Stryper (whom I hated..)
they dressed like Poison, with the whole hair/glam look and they threw Bibles out to their audience..
I heard that there is a band called Vengeance Rising, although I never heard any of there music...New Eden is a Christian band that I actually like. They are not preachy..Evanescence (which some people call metal,others goth, others alternative..) is a Christian band. You could probally do a search for more bands. When I went to a Metal Festival a few years ago, Stryper actually showed up and tried to get people to go to thier "Christian Metal Festival.." I give them credit for showing up at a Mostly Death Metal fest to do it, although most of us (including me.. Big Grin ) thought it was pretty funny...
Mike 02-13-2004 03:36 PM
Throwing bibles?
I feel sorry for the people in the crowd.
David Ryder 12-30-2005 07:28 AM
lol I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that likes AC, but I don't take them the least bit serious. Seth Putnam first started A.C in 88' as a joke band and only planned to do one show and release one CD, however they are still going strong and I'm glad as I think they are hilarious and yes I have have warped sense of humor. Not only are they trying to be offensive, they say the are racists (I'm not though and I still listen to them) but I like many of their fans highly doubt any of what they say is true or they even believe what they say. So in short their just doing it to get attention and be a bunch of asses, so it's best not to take them serious. AC is grindcore, for folks that don't know. also sorry about dragging back up an old thread.
Sharpshooter005 12-30-2005 07:46 AM
quote:
Evanescence (which some people call metal,others goth, others alternative..) is a Christian band.

I'd say "this is why the Inquisition had a use". But I've heard one of their songs, and the lead singers voice sounds like someone already got to her with a pair of thumbscrews.
Randolph 01-01-2006 07:21 AM
Grunge, Death Metal, Goth, Anarchy and all of those aren't meant to be taken
seriously. Those that do wind up in small pieces, usually of their own volition.

It is pretty pitiful, how they do this stuff. Frankly, I find the whole damn thing
a waste of time and human life. The classics are the best, and they always will
be, because they did it right, and they did it first.

Bobby Darin = pwn4ag3.

*slaps self*
spiked-knives 02-04-2006 03:12 PM
wow. cannibal corpse would be proud of this band.

yea this band seems more attention whorish than it does music.
David Ryder 03-17-2006 04:40 AM
Cannibal Corpse = pwnage

While A.C is considered Grindcore they are also in the Noisecore/Hatecore genre's, and Seth Putnam has several other bands such as Angry Hate,Impaled Northern Moonforest (parody of crappy black metal bands), among others. Just some fun facts.