[Other] Big O Music MEGAMIX!! *Update 10/31/06- Happy Halloween!*

Pygmalion 04-21-2004 10:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
If I remember correctly, in "Beck Comes Back" you here Doug(dove?!) asking "So what do we do now boss?" "What do you think we do! RUN AWAY!" *megadeus hops and then runs away*
In Monty Python, you got that too with The Holy Grail and the catapult scene Wink Big Grin

hehe (from the official looking Monty Python site Wink )

And then just when things get interesting (IE. Stand A Chance--act18 varient) Big O interupts some cool sword work and blasts them to bits Big Grin

I just thought I'd point out that Big O and Monty Python do make an excellent crossover subject. You can see one example at the bottom of this page. Does that fit with your mix, Evan?

Pygmalion
evanASF27 04-21-2004 11:26 PM
YES!!!! @___@
YES!!!!
INFINITALLY YES! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

*EDIT*
The Official link to it has been added to the first post Pleased
NukuNuko77 04-22-2004 07:31 PM
*giggles at pic* Wink
Pygmalion 04-23-2004 06:49 AM
Evan, we listen to the season 1 soundtrack quite a lot. I can see we'll be adding your mixes to our playlist too. Thanks for making them available!

Pygmalion
evanASF27 04-23-2004 02:33 PM
Pleased

No prob...

...hmm...I'm inspired somewhat by something FallenPhoenix suggested to me...though I probably won't get it done until I find ALL of the songs from seasons 1+2 (mp3 versions)...Basically he wanted to see if I could do the ultimate megamix. THE FULL MONTY @_@ THE WHOLE SHA-BANG! Big Grin ...unlikely Red Face ...Tis hard to get creative ways of getting the mood and changes right, especially with songs that start soft and the end climatically (like "False", "Spirit", and "Divine"). But I think I'll give it a go during the summer Smile )

hmm...I need suggestions for my nex megamix and/or remix. Here's what I was thinking of doing...but I can't make up my mind on which to do first:
  • Dorothy Themed Megamix
  • Dastun Themed Mix
  • Alex Rosewater Megamix

Which one should I do next?
evanASF27 05-11-2004 11:43 AM
HEY PEOPLE!! The last few megamixes were a little low in quality and a little too strong with 'inside jokes' and inside info (The Union had clips from the show, and Beck's mix had Monty Python, 3 Stooges, and the attack scene from Act1Cool ...
BUT! I made a new mix that is probably the best in quality over all and also well put together. It's devoted to Dan Dastun and the Military Police.

It's called: "Big O - Military Police"

a little obvious but still Roll Eyes It'll be up this afternoon when I get home Smile )

In the mean time, I'll be 1) at school ~~;; and 2) making this TOP 5 (?) list of my mixes...this is all in my opinion you guys can rate them yourselves, I'm just trying to see what ones I can use to model future ones after Wink

Best "put together" Mix
-- Megamix Times Sq.
-- Military Police
-- Remix Ellis Island
-- The Union
-- The Artist Formally Known as Beck

Best Quality
-- Military Police
-- The Artist Formally Known as Beck
-- The Union
-- Megamix Times Sq.
& Remix Ellis Island

This sounds about right...You'll love "Big O - Military Police" it's really good Smile Cool
Christina Perry 05-11-2004 02:04 PM
Evan, can you put a Roger Theme Mix?
evanASF27 05-11-2004 02:19 PM
I will start work on one soon...I might need a few more files though first...

Don't worry though Wink I'll make one soon Smile

*EDIT*
"Big O - Military Police" is now up!! A link to the file is in the first post now. Smile ) Big Grin Also, at the moment, both "Megamix Times Sq" and "Remix Elis Island" are OFFLINE (meaning the links won't work). This is because I do not have enough bandwidth OR space for all of them. When I have to renew my account I'll go for an upgrade so that these problems will be overwith Smile
Madrona 05-11-2004 04:33 PM
Evan!!! This is AWESOME
The sound quality on this is great! I've only heard it on my computer speakers though. Time to send it to the big Klipschs upstairs and turn up the volume.
Tifaria 05-11-2004 04:43 PM
Evan, these are awesome! The Beck remix had me cracking up. Big Grin I'm definitely burning these to a CD so I can listen to them away from the computer. Thanks for sharing these!
evanASF27 05-13-2004 01:40 PM
Thanks for the great reviews! Big Grin

Just to let y'all know, I'm trying to remind myself (sicne I keep forgeting) to re-mix the two original Megamixes I made so that they have the better quality mp3's in them insted of the cruddy .wma files I was using. Those 2 should be done in time for the East coast BBQ @ Zola's so that's where they'll make their debut (Sp?).

A Roger megamix (or mix...megamix doesn't really fit them now since they are under 20 minutes) ...well I Roger megamix (regardless) is being planned and thought up as I type Roll Eyes So expect to see an update in this thread soon. Smile )
evanASF27 07-26-2004 01:54 AM
Having just reminded myself...
There's a new megamix (I forgot to upload it) It'll be linked to momentarily!!

"BIG O - The Speakeasy"

*EDIT*
It's been linked in the first post Smile
The Big Finale 07-26-2004 04:00 AM
EVAN!

You're a genius!

The Artist Formally Known As Beck was great! (especially when Procrastination kept butting in on the somber opening!)

Personally, I think your next one should be about the battle in Enemy is Another Big, or just about any battle between two Bigs. Keep up the spectacular work!
evanASF27 07-26-2004 01:15 PM
hmm...WELL I did make: Stoning Act26, Sure Promise Act12, Token Act18, Stoning act14...

hmm...I'll think about one with all battle music. If I get it right, it'll have Alex, Roger, and Schwarzwald in it (each respectively represented by their own classic music)
BabyGhia 07-26-2004 02:34 PM
Evan, I like the new megamix a lot! Great work as usual! Big Grin

And I listen to my BBQ megamix often! Thanks!

BabyGhia
evanASF27 07-26-2004 10:18 PM
CHECK OUT THE CD'S!! @_@ I'M PRACTICALLY GIVING THEM AWAY!!

[/advertisment]

Now then, for the big news. I finished my latest mix, and it's a whooping 18minutes 52 seconds long! That's the longest themed megamix I've done yet! Big Grin

I'm still testing it though...I think my editing software is making the tracks come in a tiny bity toon soon (which for this kind of music is bad).

I'll be done testing it tonight after a couple of run throughs...but then I'll need to fix any mistakes (made by the editor). Oh Well
Big Money 07-27-2004 12:00 AM
I can't believe I just noticed this thread...

So far I've only downloaded "The Speakeasy," but I really enjoy it. Keep up the good work!
evanASF27 07-27-2004 12:01 AM
The download "The Artist Formally Known as Beck" and "The Megadeus Battle"!!

"The Megadeus Battle", btw, is not reallymandatory for MFL members!! but it would be good none the less!
JAYCZero 07-27-2004 11:47 AM
Well um Evans This is Awesome , I alway's wanted a Big O Remix
CD . Listen um I not saying that I want to download it on an Mp3 ,
I'll definately Buy it , But I was wondering if you have a website
were I can sample your songs you know ? to see how it is .
Like other CD's when you're going to shop online there are
alway's free songs from the CD to sample , but I mean I'm
not going to do that atrosity of sharing your CD with p2p
file sharing programs I mean you have your right's Bro
you busted your ass composing those remixes and I agree
with what you said that , but I don't know if I can agree
that if someone buy's the CD's from you to Distribute it
around the Internet then everyone has to pay for the
Penalty of not buying the CD's because of one person's
mistake But I respect your reasons cause you got no choice
but Listen if you can , just give me a website were I can
sample some of your songs to see how it is and I'll buy it
and also I want to know the price of the Item .
So jus lemme know My email is JAYCZero@aol.com
or you can try jayczero@yahoo.com
evanASF27 07-27-2004 01:13 PM
hmm
how about a 2 minutes sample of the songs? Those I could upload and send you the links. Smile (I don't have my own personal site >.> ... <.< )

I'll make some two minute samples of these (except for the two main mixes...because I can't really do that with full length songs) this afternoon.

Expect an update post when I'm finished Smile

*EDIT*
hmm...maybe insted of having the full songs up here, maybe I should only have just the 2min. samples. Thoughts?