What is your anime Obssesion??

Mike 02-09-2004 06:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside
HELL YA!!! MAN!!
But I prefer the alternate Universe Gundams a little more especially Epyon.
BTW Is that a model or what? and how big.

PG RX-78, 1/60 scale, like a foot tall. I don't have one, I just found a picture of it.
Stampede 02-09-2004 06:04 PM
Cowboy Bebop, mostly... Trigun is also good, of course. Big O is nice because you don't see rediculous heights and weights for the giant robots, like the 30 foot tall Gundams that weigh 10 tons.

Did I mention Gundam bugs me? Yeah, I'm from the western school of giant robot combat, where we mount guns that weigh more than 10 tons a pop.
Mike 02-09-2004 06:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Stampede
Cowboy Bebop, mostly... Trigun is also good, of course. Big O is nice because you don't see rediculous heights and weights for the giant robots, like the 30 foot tall Gundams that weigh 10 tons.

Did I mention Gundam bugs me? Yeah, I'm from the western school of giant robot combat, where we mount guns that weigh more than 10 tons a pop.

But they can run rings around that plodding Atlas of yours. Big Grin

And they're 60 feet tall and weigh 60-70-ish tons. It's really only the ones from Wing Gundam that severely shatter the laws of physics, being 55 feet tall and weighing like 16 tons. (I forget if that's dry weight or loaded, but either way it's completely insane)

Vive la Star League! Big Grin
Jane 02-09-2004 06:11 PM
Excuse me while I take a moment to be silly:

I obsess over: "The Adventures of the Little Koala", "Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics", "Unico", and "Hakucho no Mizumi"

But you mean currently, so I guess it's: "Cowboy Bebop", "Trigun", "Inuyasha", "Rurouni Kenshin", and...

Gosh, there was one I forgot! What could it be I wonder... Wink
Sharpshooter005 02-09-2004 06:42 PM
When I say "FLCL", what I mean is, upon viewing it, I began to wonder if it really was possible to write things legibly on cigarettes.

...The answer is a definate yes, and that's a good thing.

What can I say, I get very bored at 3 A.M. periodically. It was either that, or go make some eggs for no reason.
dominusofdeath 02-09-2004 08:50 PM
obsessively
hmmmmmmm
well Kenshin
i make my friends refer to me as saito or the wolf of Kyoto(i know its suppose to be miburu but kyoto is better)
our group is called the shinsengumi(we called ourselves that before I saw kenshin i knew about the shinsengumi from a quiz bowl question)
BigO-SHOWTIME 02-09-2004 09:04 PM
Ketchup 02-09-2004 09:44 PM
Okay. I like .Hack//Sign just a little bit more than Big O, and yes, they are both my ultamite obsessions.
One reason why I love .Hack//Sign so much is because of:

<---Sora!

Oh my god, he is so HOT!!!!!

Oh, but I could never forget Jason. Wink
Stampede 02-10-2004 10:44 AM
The 9-16 ton weight spread is all the way from dry weight to loaded, if I recall. I think Deathscythe was the lightest at 9 tons, dry since it's all stealth composite junk, whereas Heavyarms is 16, fully loaded.

By the way, I'd not touch a modern Atlas. They don't do the original design justice.
Mike 02-10-2004 03:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Stampede
The 9-16 ton weight spread is all the way from dry weight to loaded, if I recall. I think Deathscythe was the lightest at 9 tons, dry since it's all stealth composite junk, whereas Heavyarms is 16, fully loaded.

By the way, I'd not touch a modern Atlas. They don't do the original design justice.

The REAL Gundam, from the original 1979 series, weighed (I think) 65 tons.
Which makes a helluva lot more sense than 14 tons max.

And...yeah...I've never actually played the pen-and-paper Battletech game, just MechWarrior 3, 4 Vengance, 4 Mercs and MechCommander.
Stampede 02-10-2004 03:37 PM
Try to find MechWarrior 2 or MW2: Mercs if you can. They're much better representations of the actual game. And besides, the soundtrack is SO much better.
R.Smith 02-10-2004 04:57 PM
Well...awhile back i would have said Big O, but now i have to say it's Gensomaden Saiyuki. I can't stop listening to the music and watching episodes Big Grin
Dingo 02-10-2004 05:23 PM
I have to say that my Anime Obsession would be GIANT ROBOTS!
Dagger 9 02-10-2004 10:20 PM
The Big O,and Yu-gi-Oh.Both Very Modern,although Do not resemble eachother in any other way.
Shredder 02-11-2004 02:09 AM
Hmm...I'd probably say, Big O (obviously) and One Piece! Big Grin
Pygmalion 02-11-2004 10:26 AM
Let's see. About what show have I posted over 1000 messages on the largest forum? For what show did I write the company that broadcast it? Because of what show did I end up here on fellow fen's couch?

It's not Future Boy Conan, despite how much I enjoy it.

It's Big O.

Pygmalion
Travis Bickle 02-11-2004 11:18 AM
Right now? The .hack series has been of much interest to me (I BEAT ALL FOUR GAMES! IT ALL MAKES SENSE!), and the upcoming OVA and manga series of .hack/legend of the twighlight it gonna be fun.

I also happen to like big O, as you can see. I liked it even more when LORD ALMIGHTY ALAN GABRIEL was introduced.

I used to be obsessed with Trigun and Cowboy Bebop, but now those 2 dvd boxed sets rest on my dvd shelf.

My first anime I was obsessed with Tenchi Muyo. Why? Because of this:

This is ryo ohki. She is a cabbit (half cat, half rabbit) who turns into a human, a robot and a spaceship. I may play violent videogames, listen to death metal and curse like a sailor, but this is my weakness. It's my pride and joy. I love ryo ohki to death...anyway, I'll get back on topic. It's a good anime, and very humorous. Plus, they're gonna make more of it!

Oh yeah, I used to watch Ultraman and Astroboy as a toddler. Does that count? Huh? Does it? Anyone?
Barrin 02-11-2004 12:12 PM
I think I can call my love of manga an obsession. It used to be that I couldn't stop reading, not for a minute. I'd always have a book on hand. That got to be a lot of books, but not too expensive. Then I discovered manga. Now a great deal of my budget goes to buying manga. Ten bucks for 200 pages, and I finish it within an hour. It's horribly inefficent, especially with Oh My Goddess, but I can't stop buying them!
angelcakes 02-11-2004 04:59 PM
CLAMP!!!!!Big Grin

Yah, anything and everything they write, I've read and loved. I am obssessed like Ruimiko Takahashi and Yu Watase things like Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2, Alice 19th, Ceres, and Fuushigi Yuugi.

ANd Big O of course. Didn't think I'd forget did you?
Ace of Spades 02-12-2004 11:47 PM
So much Anime. But I'd have to go with The Soultaker.