Downtime, First Anniversary Contest

Krang 02-02-2004 12:52 AM
First of all, sorry about the downtime. We ran out of bandwidth for the month, so the site was shut down until our bandwidth quota was reset earlier today. I'm going to upgrade our hosting plan this month so that it doesn't happen again.

But to make up for it, our First Anniversary Contest is finally up! In this contest, your goal is to create the funniest Big O fan video that you can. The first place winner will receive the second season 2 DVD, and second place wins a random Big O figure! The contest ends on March 4, so check out the rules and details at the link above, and good luck!
Shredder 02-02-2004 01:07 AM
Thank you, Krang for posting the contest information! Feel free to email either of us with questions, and I hope everyone enjoys the contest!

Also, I apologize to both fanfic writers and readers for the (latest) delayed fanfic update. Frown I received several submissions in a short period of time and unfortunately have been very busy these past few weeks, but I promise the update will happen on Thursday night, so look for it then! It's definately worth the wait!
Manji 02-02-2004 01:07 AM
Muahahaha, now theres an idea! Big Grin

Now I just have to think of a clever story...

*Manji pulls out typewritter and video camera, sadly he fails to notice the giant Big O dancing behind him which wouldve made a great video*
IamRogerSmith 02-02-2004 02:09 AM
Bahhh wheres all the people looking forward to my art in the update?!?!? j/k =(
Wingnut 02-02-2004 08:28 AM
quote:
Originally posted by IamRogerSmith
Right here!!! *looks around. crikets chirp* Well I for one am looking foward to it anyway. Fanfics too!
Tony Waynewrong 02-02-2004 08:50 AM
quote:
Originally posted by IamRogerSmith

Dude, your fanart rocks and is worth the wait to see them posted.
evanASF27 02-02-2004 11:26 AM
DUDE @____@ THIS CONTEST IS FRIGGIN EASY!
I'm a shoe in!!! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Are we allowed to piece together clips used in Big O eps and other shows??? Cos then I think I might be able to work something out Big Grin Big Grin

Funniest Movie! HELL YAH!! I'm in...>_>...<_<...IF ANYONE ASKS ME WHAT I'M GOING TO DO I'M GONNA SICK BIG ZENIGATA ON YOU!!!!!

Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
((My fanfic will go on hold for this! This is gonna be friggin awesome @_@...wait less than 5 minutes?! HOLY CRAP >_< Damn it all...argh!! This is gonna be a bit tougher then O_o;;; ))

*edit*
Crap...it has to be an actually VIDEO...not just audio?! F**K!!!!!! Mad Crying
Uhh...wait...COULD I make it an Audio, cos like, I don't have anything to make movies WITH Confused Embarrassed Sweatdrop
Huh Krang? What can I do?? ...I really want to enter this thing!
Lady Tesser 02-02-2004 12:45 PM
Well, an excuse to make that music video PCT and I have been thinking about ...

And thanks for getting Paradigm City back up and running. You guys are wonderful.
pen1300 02-02-2004 02:35 PM
YAY! The site's back up! I'm happy.

*Bows down to greatness*

Later,
Pen1300
R.Smith 02-02-2004 08:23 PM
Yes!!!! Big Grin I just so happen to have started working on a funny big o music video this past week, talk about lucky ^_^ umm....funny music videos work right?
evanASF27 02-02-2004 08:30 PM
BWHAHAAA!!
My dad bought me (actually I just installed it today Tongue ) ...my dad bought me a video maker! Big Grin Evil

SO YOU ALL ARE GOING DOWN!!!!!

(Expect the biggest nastyest most climatic battle ever!!! ...with special cameo's by Lupin and Zenigata Big Grin )
IamRogerSmith 02-02-2004 08:50 PM
Pffffffft you aint got nothing on my mad flash skills.
evanASF27 02-02-2004 09:00 PM
Do they even allow FLASH entries?? ...seriously, cos like...I dunno...I mean wouldn't that take a while to make a flash that had Big O in it?

(Well I dunno since I know absolutely NOTHING about Flash thingies...I only know the standard crap we use for audio and video)
IamRogerSmith 02-02-2004 09:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
Do they even allow FLASH entries?? ...seriously, cos like...I dunno...I mean wouldn't that take a while to make a flash that had Big O in it?

(Well I dunno since I know absolutely NOTHING about Flash thingies...I only know the standard crap we use for audio and video)

::pets evan on the head::

Contest page:

quote:
Your mission is to create the funniest Big O fan video that you can. The video can be live action, animated, from Big O itself, or anything else you can come up with. Be creative!
The video must be in a format that can be used on the internet (AVI, MPEG, QuickTime, RealPlayer, WMV, Flash, etc.).

It takes time to make a quality flash just like a quality movie Smile But humor is the real thing thats being judged heeh ^_^
Wingnut 02-02-2004 09:07 PM
Just please you two, no matter how much you two are tempted to do so in order to one up each other, please leave the Zeeky H-bomb out of this, ok?

Note: 1,000th post! Cool
evanASF27 02-02-2004 09:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
Just please you two, no matter how much you two are tempted to do so in order to one up each other, please leave the Zeeky H-bomb out of this, ok?

Note: 1,000th post! Cool

Oh too late Roll Eyes

< INSERT ZEEKY BOOGY DOOG HERE >

*boom*

Tongue Anyways I gotta work more on my video...its nothing but music so far O_o;;; I gotta get some more clipage in there!! Big Grin
Krang 02-02-2004 11:43 PM
quote:
Are we allowed to piece together clips used in Big O eps and other shows??? Cos then I think I might be able to work something out Big Grin Big Grin

Sure, feel free to include clips from other shows (as long as the finished video involves the Big O series in some way).

quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
umm....funny music videos work right?

Yep, those are fine also.
evanASF27 02-03-2004 11:51 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:

Sure, feel free to include clips from other shows (as long as the finished video involves the Big O series in some way).

OH YAH!!! @___@ YOUARE GONNA BE BLOWN AWAY!!!

...hey what happens if it's over 5 minutes...like it's 6 minutes...Cos mine has a cool introduction and a middle scene that is the main funny bit and then the ending...
(and that middle scene is gonna be a good 2 minutes I think)

Oh hell, I just better get the begining done first. I'd love to tell you all this great idea because it's nearly impossible to keep secret (IT'S THAT GOOD) ... but then someone else might make it Tongue So no one will hear anything else until March @_@
evanASF27 02-03-2004 07:52 PM
Hey umm just a question...judt how DO we find a place to host our videos??

I mean, I've been searching there and I've found only sites that you have to pay for Frown ...is there a site that you (speaking to anybody) where I can just have a plain account )that's over 25MG of course)???

Or are those nonexistant Sweatdrop Frown
Krang 02-03-2004 11:26 PM
quote:
...hey what happens if it's over 5 minutes...like it's 6 minutes...Cos mine has a cool introduction and a middle scene that is the main funny bit and then the ending...
(and that middle scene is gonna be a good 2 minutes I think)

Sure, it's fine as long as it's around 5 minutes, so no problem if it goes a minute or two over.

quote:
Hey umm just a question...judt how DO we find a place to host our videos??

I mean, I've been searching there and I've found only sites that you have to pay for Frown ...is there a site that you (speaking to anybody) where I can just have a plain account )that's over 25MG of course)???

Or are those nonexistant Sweatdrop Frown

Here are some free hosts that offer 25MB or more. If those hosts don't work out, let me know.