Downtime, First Anniversary Contest

evanASF27 02-03-2004 11:35 PM
Actually I found a site right after I had posted that >_<;;;

Although I have to wait 7 days before uploading HUGE files.... :-/ Ain't TOO bad... Big Grin

Freewebs.com DUDE!! @_@
R.Smith 02-04-2004 08:23 PM
Since we're asking questions, any good video editors, because Windows Movie Maker just doesn't cut it Frown
evanASF27 02-04-2004 10:23 PM
yes indeed Smile

I found a GREAT one! Big Grin It's allowing me to use up to 2 video tracks and 2 audio tracks...it's very good and simple to use Smile It also allows you to save the final product in a variety of file types (including AVI, MPEG, WMV, MOV...) and it allows you to use different codecs to compress it Smile

It's called "Video Edit Magic 3" ... I had to pay for it in order to get rid of that damn time contraint...but trust me the 50 bucks is worth it!! ^_^

Expect a possible second entry (if it's allowed...and if not...can I submit a fanvideo? Wink Big Grin )....the video starring Schwarzwald and the Nazis! (actually I'm just using the Nazi march music from "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" it's small quick and engenius Big Grin )

...if I can't do 2 entries...then I'll just stick to the main funny vid I have planned Smile

*EDIT*
I finished my little fanvideo of Schwarzwald Big Grin It's roughly 10.5MB...once I get the space I'm gonna upload it and show you all...SCHWARZWALD HAS FOUND THE HOLY GRAIL @_@
*continues watching and rewatching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade*

*next EDIT*
...make that a 19.1 MB Big Grin
Krang 02-05-2004 01:54 AM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
Since we're asking questions, any good video editors, because Windows Movie Maker just doesn't cut it Frown

Another editor you could try is Avid Free DV.

quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
Expect a possible second entry (if it's allowed...and if not...can I submit a fanvideo? Wink Big Grin )....the video starring Schwarzwald and the Nazis! (actually I'm just using the Nazi march music from "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" it's small quick and engenius Big Grin )

Sorry, only one entry per person is allowed, but feel free to post the video on the forums as an example. Smile
evanASF27 02-05-2004 11:22 AM
ALRIGHT @_@

YAH!!!...hmm which reminds me >_> ... <_< ...I need to find a clip of the end of the Big Duo battle for my video...hmm...
DarkGojira 02-05-2004 10:52 PM
Any Adobe Premiere program works great. It just takes a long time to learn to use. Wink
evanASF27 02-05-2004 10:56 PM
HELLO! HI!! Big Grin

Ok guys (meaning Krang and Shredder) FEAST YOUR EYES (literally) ON THIS!!!!

DUN DUN DUNN

...ok so I didn't DIRECTLY post the link...just go to thread please ^^;;;
That way you have a choice of either the sucky online-playable version or the offline downloadable HUGE version Big Grin
Blackcat 02-16-2004 06:03 AM
I'm just doing a AMV to a funny song... I doubt it will win...

and as for Windows Movie Maker, i've been making REALLY good amv's with it since it came out... so It work fine for me Tongue

-B.c.
R.Smith 02-17-2004 12:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:

Another editor you could try is Avid Free DV.

Tried it, and, it doesn't seem to like me that much. Since it uses QuickTime to get the video and audio info from the file, so either my verison of QT is old and dumb(which i wouldn't put past it) or, i've got to look for another editor, so, Krang buddy, got anymore suggestions? Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Blackcat
and as for Windows Movie Maker, i've been making REALLY good amv's with it since it came out... so It work fine for me Tongue

-B.c.

it's not that it doesn't work, it's the fact that i can't edit stuff all that much, not to mention it distorts the heck out of any music i add.
Krang 02-17-2004 02:43 AM
quote:
Tried it, and, it doesn't seem to like me that much. Since it uses QuickTime to get the video and audio info from the file, so either my verison of QT is old and dumb(which i wouldn't put past it) or, i've got to look for another editor, so, Krang buddy, got anymore suggestions? Smile

Sure, here are a couple of lists of video editors that you can try:
Basic Editors
Advanced Editors
Blackcat 02-17-2004 08:20 AM
quote:

quote:

-B.c.

it's not that it doesn't work, it's the fact that i can't edit stuff all that much, not to mention it distorts the heck out of any music i add.

how weird... do you have movie maker 9? I just finished the rough draft of my contest with it and the music sounds fine... and now you can add stuff like transitions and video effectis with it.

-B.c.

BTW - My contest entry:

It will be a music video of Big O, with the song "Particle Man" by they might be giants.

big Duo will be particle man in the song
big o will be triangle man
roger will be universe man
and dorothy 1 will be person man

mines isnt exactly 'funny' its more goofy.

-b.c.

i dont know why, but my shift key doesnt seem to work today...
R.Smith 02-17-2004 12:10 PM
quote:
quote:

quote:

-B.c.

how weird... do you have movie maker 9? I just finished the rough draft of my contest with it and the music sounds fine... and now you can add stuff like transitions and video effectis with it.

-B.c.

BTW - My contest entry:

It will be a music video of Big O, with the song "Particle Man" by they might be giants.

big Duo will be particle man in the song
big o will be triangle man
roger will be universe man
and dorothy 1 will be person man

mines isnt exactly 'funny' its more goofy.

-b.c.

i dont know why, but my shift key doesnt seem to work today...

Hmm, well, i just checked what verison of Windows Movie Maker i have and its....verison 1.12427.1 Shocked Ya, i think that explains why i'm having trouble with it, strange, i don't know why that old verison was put on this comp....oh well..

UPDATE Just thought i'd let u know that i downloaded movie maker2, and it's worse then the old one i had, it keeps on having close, and i think i've sent over ten error reports Mad

i hope microsoft's sever crashes due to all the error reports
Evil
dominusofdeath 02-18-2004 01:41 PM
o? i wanted XP to get windws movie maker. I have 2 questions.
1.How do we post our movies?
2.What is a better movie maker like what should i use(i have 98 and im not about to upgrade yet(till i fix stuff))?
evanASF27 02-18-2004 06:00 PM
you don't POST your movie. You upload it to a host and let Krang download it.

In my case I gotta find a good host because if my thing is gonna be over 50 MB ... then considering Freewebs is so slow...it would take him all day to download it ;_;
evanASF27 02-24-2004 12:16 AM
Hmm...just wondering...but how many entries have been submitted yet?

...better yet...who's got their's done?
I'm just wondering since it's just a little over a week until the deadline... Roll Eyes
I know where my project is...it's at maybe 1/2 completion...but needs a few more clips from my tv card to get it done...is there anybody else out there with their video somewhat complete? Smile

((btw...sorry about the uhh..umm...double post?! O_o ...it's kinda been a while tho))
Krang 02-24-2004 02:21 AM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
Hmm...just wondering...but how many entries have been submitted yet?

We haven't received very many yet, but hopefully all the people who mentioned that they have been working on them will finish in time for the deadline. Remember everyone, the more entries we receive, the more likely we are to hold another contest in the future... Smile

quote:
((btw...sorry about the uhh..umm...double post?! O_o ...it's kinda been a while tho))

No problem, it wouldn't be considered a double post since it has been days since you last posted in this thread.
evanASF27 02-24-2004 11:29 AM
Oh good Anime Smile

Hmm...at least I know I'm not the only one who's working on it Wink From the lack of talk I would have thought people might have forgotten! Embarrassed Sweatdrop

(Btw...I hope you don't mind this...but I'm having real problems adjusting the volume on the video editor which determines how loud the video comes out. The way I have it now makes it extremely LOUD in headphones, but not really loud enough on the speakers...but if I change it around for the speakers...meh it's all wierd O_o;; So Krang be carefull when you turn on the sound to my submission when I give you the link ^^;;; Don't want you blowin out your windows by accident! Embarrassed Sweatdrop )
TDF Studios 03-01-2004 07:49 PM
Maybe could the dealine be moved back to Saturday... PLZ

Shaoblane and I have had a rought time getting together to work on our video and have just begun last weekend, any amount of extension on the deadline, even if it was just to Saturday, would get greatly appreciated... I think Sunday would be the maximum we would need if you can spare a few days.... School sucks right now because our teachers are cramming us full of homework to make up for Portlands week of no-school due to a snow and ice storm.