[Fan Art] Wayneright family portrait-- EDIT: added alternate version with little Dori

Tifaria 01-25-2004 12:05 AM
Edit: Angelfire won't let me link anymore, so here's the alternate version at Deviantart.

Well, minus old Timothy, anyway. This one's just the girls: Human Dorothy, R. Dorothy, R. Dori, and R.D.

It still didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it to, but I just can't seem to do anything else with it. I got the idea after my artbook arrived and I saw this picture. (Sorry the scan is so crummy, but the picture's right by the center of the book and it's itty bitty.) I wanted to do something similar, but with all the Dorothies-- kind of like an idea of what a DVD cover for A Clockwork Tomato's season 3 might look like. I tried to not use the exact same pose as in the artbook scan, but no matter how many times I redrew human Dorothy, I couldn't get that picture out of my head, so I finally ended up using it anyway.

The problem with this picture is that I lost a lot of the details in Dori, Dorothy, and R.D. after I resized it. Here's a closeup of them if you'd like to see. I guess overall, I really like the drawing itself and the coloring job, but I'm not very happy composition-wise. But hey, you can't win them all! Smile )

Human Dorothy was actually the hardest to draw, although R. Dorothy gave me some troubles too. Dori was the easiest, and R.D. the most fun. Big Grin I wanted to make Dori's hair look a little more like human Dorothy's, so that she and R. Dorothy don't look exactly alike. And I know she usually wears jeans, but I just couldn't get them right, so I sold out and put her in a skirt instead. If you look at the closeup of the three androids, you'll notice that I'm actually a pretty sloppy CGer, but once I shrink stuff down you can't tell as much. Embarrassed Sweatdrop

Anyway, I think that's all.. sorry, I had a lot I wanted to say about this! Oh, oh! I used a couple of brushes from The Fifth Muse in the background, but mostly it's pictures from ACT 14 of the alternate Paradigm. Thanks to Rouge for linking that site when she posted her wallpaper! It's great!
Tony Waynewrong 01-25-2004 12:12 AM
** Bowing before Tifaria **

Marry me, please! I don't eat much and I do laundry.

** getting hit by a shoe **

OK, OK, never mind my euphoric outburst, but you certainly made me happy! I love these to pieces. This is certainly a Wayneright affair. Smile

Excellent job!
Pygmalion 01-25-2004 12:17 AM
It's good to see all the Wayneright girls together. I'm not altogether sure that the human Dorothy's right hip would stick out quite that way, but you're the artist, not me! As my son would say, "Great job!"

Pygmalion
Iron Maiden 01-25-2004 01:23 AM
eh, site isnt working...
Zopwx2 01-25-2004 01:41 AM
quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden720
eh, site isnt working...

It WAS working a while ago.....

When I saw it, it was pretty nice. I liked it.
F-14Tomcat 01-25-2004 06:27 AM
That's fantastic Tifaria!

I love the expressions, particularly Dori's and Human Dorothy's; Very pretty. The coloring is awesome too.

It's a great piece of work Smile
Lady Tesser 01-25-2004 09:06 AM
It's incredible how each girl's personality bursts out, that is the mark of genius. Beautiful work.
Wingnut 01-25-2004 09:55 AM
I agree with all of the above said, with the exception of the marrige proposal that is. Dorothy looks as if she'd rather be somewhere else that poseing for this picture. Dori is ...well, Dori. RD looks as if her trigger finger is itching to come out and play.
Finally I love Dorothy Prime just overall. Pyg might have a point about the hip thing, but that could just be Dorothy acting up, that and I believe that area of her red dress was rather rigid in its construction.
darkangel 01-25-2004 10:43 AM
wow that's great! they look like they got along just fine...Big Grin Big Grin
BigPrime 01-25-2004 12:44 PM
Great picture, Tifaria! Seeing all the Dorothy Waynerights together is cool.
Crystalline 01-25-2004 02:27 PM
WOW! That's gorgeous!!! ^.^ <3 Everything about that is lovely, they all look so sweet! Well, all but R.D., but she's as sweet as she CAN be! So adorable!!! <3 <3 <3!!!!!
Tifaria 01-25-2004 02:35 PM
Thanks guys! Smile )

As far as Dorothy's hip goes, I'm assuming you all mean the one with her hand on it, right? Well, I actually meant for it to be like she's kind of gripping part of her dress there, maybe like she's getting ready to curtsy. I didn't notice that it looked odd as I was drawing it, but I can see why it does. Maybe if I added some more shadows, to look more like she's pinching the fabric there? I had a lot of trouble with that part, and it shows. Thanks for pointing that out, Pygmalion! I always love to hear ways to improve upon my work.

Oh, and as for the site not working, it should be. I haven't had any problems with Angelfire acting up, but if it continues to do so I guess I'll have to look for alternate hosting. I usually just link to my pictures because they're so large and I don't like shrinking them down too much in order to attach them to my post.
evanASF27 01-25-2004 02:41 PM
hmm Dori looks like she's from a women's Bowling League O_o;;;

I could just picture that! Laughing

But very nucely done on R.D ...however Dorothy looks a bit more blank than usual @_@ probably another one of Roger's crude human/android jokes.

nicely done.
*golf clap*
A Clockwork Tomato 01-25-2004 02:47 PM
Now I've done it! Tifaria posts a portrait of the whole gaggle of Wayneright women right when I post a fan fiction that introduces another one! (Sort of.)
Tifaria 01-25-2004 03:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by A Clockwork Tomato
Now I've done it! Tifaria posts a portrait of the whole gaggle of Wayneright women right when I post a fan fiction that introduces another one! (Sort of.)

I know! As soon as I read that part, I thought, "Well heck, now I'm going to have to go back and add little human Dori next to her big sister!" Big Grin I just might, seeing as how that hip is really bothering me now that I know it looks funky.

EDIT: Ta-da! I added little Dori next to her big sis. I had to draw her completely in Photoshop, so she's not as refined as the other girls, but I think she's adorable. Dorothy's hip still looks funny, but I'll live. I wasn't sure what color to make little Dori's eyes, but blue seemed appropriate. Let me know what you think! Smile )
Bonnie Frasier 01-25-2004 06:28 PM
Lil Dori is adorable, looking forward to seeing more.
Mage 01-25-2004 06:35 PM
Oh I love it!

*puts a copy up in her locker*

Dang I'm running out of room...
R.Smith 01-25-2004 06:41 PM
I love it! If i had some place to hang it, i would do so Big Grin Big Grin Smile
Pygmalion 01-25-2004 07:21 PM
Gosh, Tifaria, now all you need is a pic of ol' Tim in there, looking like the cat that swallowed the canary! Talk about your army of Dorothies!

W00t!
Pygmalion
Mike 01-25-2004 07:23 PM
Kawaii! Anime Smile
They're all so cute!
Even RD, in her own psychotic way.