What is trolling?

Dude Love 01-28-2004 06:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Tesser
Of course, there are some here who outright do it because they think it's funny to be sadistic to others. I'll never understand the psychotic mindset. Roll Eyes

Well, shouldn't you be able to understand it considering that we're all insane??? Smile )

Anyway, your post just points out that, if you "Don't Feed the Trolls" they die. It's as simple as that. If no one flames the troll back, they die because everyone just hates them for trolling, and they won't be getting a rise out of anybody.
Khyron_Prime 02-25-2004 01:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BM6a
That's why I bailed out on the Adult Swim boards. Too many flame wars, too many people wanting to start stuff when they have no clue what they are talking about...

I'd just like to say--in case anyone had not already thought about it--how nice it is to be on boards such as these, where moderators make sure that dumb or out-of-place remarks are removed or reprimanded, and how everything is kept pretty clean. It seems that most of the members (who actually post Tongue ) are people of intelligent thought, and who can keep up a decent conversation without busting into the good ol' "I HATE YOU AND EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE!" tendencies that plague most of the more-populated boards (i.e. Adult Swim and the aforementioned GameFAQs)

So, this is kind-of just a praise for the Paradigm City boards: Thank you. Keep up the good work, Shredder and Krang--this is why I'm glad to be part of this community!
Zola 02-25-2004 01:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Negotiator Prime
I'd just like to say--in case anyone had not already thought about it--how nice it is to be on boards such as these, where moderators make sure that dumb or out-of-place remarks are removed or reprimanded, and how everything is kept pretty clean. It seems that most of the members (who actually post Tongue ) are people of intelligent thought, and who can keep up a decent conversation without busting into the good ol' "I HATE YOU AND EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE!" tendencies that plague most of the more-populated boards (i.e. Adult Swim and the aforementioned GameFAQs)

So, this is kind-of just a praise for the Paradigm City boards: Thank you. Keep up the good work, Shredder and Krang--this is why I'm glad to be part of this community!

Paradigm City has just about the nicest group of people that I have ever met online-- Falcon 7 and I just got to meet Pygmalion and we are really looking forward to seeing Tvperez, Lady Tesser, and maybe even IamRogerSmith in the near future. I can't recall a group where I have wanted to meet everyone in real life as well as talk to them online.

Speaking of meetings--I'm thinking of doing a cookout this summer. It would be in Massachusetts, so if any of you live here or live close enough to get there, pm me so we can come up with a good date! Smile
Pygmalion 02-25-2004 10:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zola
Speaking of meetings--I'm thinking of doing a cookout this summer. It would be in Massachusetts, so if any of you live here or live close enough to get there, pm me so we can come up with a good date! Smile

Hey, that sounds like fun. We left-coasters can get in on this too. Let's coordinate a cookout date, and then we can have a chat session during the cookout.

Any Oregonians interested?

Pygmalion
Seraphim 02-26-2004 02:41 PM
quote:

I live in Connecticut, so I'm only an hour or two away. I'd be happy to show up. Mmm, food.
Zola 02-26-2004 10:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
I live in Connecticut, so I'm only an hour or two away. I'd be happy to show up. Mmm, food.

I think I should start a new cookout thread, then! Smile We can choose times, make arrangements for rides if needed, etc. Smile
R.Smith 02-27-2004 12:39 AM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim

I think I should start a new cookout thread, then! Smile We can choose times, make arrangements for rides if needed, etc. Smile

Hm, i think a new thread is best, this thread has....drifted off it's course, and the question has been answered.