sVc Chaos: SNK Vs Capcom

Kittie heavenly6 01-18-2004 07:52 AM
Has anyone played the newest game? It's on the NEO GEO hardware and programed by the company formerly known as SNK. It's awesome, All the Capcom Characters look like they belong in the King Of Fighter games! Smile
Schwarzwald 01-18-2004 09:25 AM
Errr... if it makes a difference... I have played Capcom vs SNK 1 and 2..

The wording is different?

Unless you are talking about a real neogeo game... Gah... shame that little portobox left the market... I had my eye on quite a few games that were going on it..... plus you could get some Power Stone extras into Capcom VS Snk on the dreamcast...

The newest version? Which system is it for? I really liked 1 and 2.... heh... that EO control was a dream for me.... on joystick press away from a dragon kick...
Kittie heavenly6 01-18-2004 10:25 AM
sVc Chaos is a new Game made by the company that Used to be SNK, Playmore. Capcom VS SNK 1 and 2 was by Capcom. (I haven't played the EO version, maybe I should check it out)

The home version just came out on PS2 I believe, and it's out in the arcades using the old NEO GEO hardware. The secret last boss is Athena Shocked

Not KOF Athena, but Athena from the Old SNK arcade game from the 80s! (One of my old favorites

EDIT:

Here, a Screen shot
Krang 01-19-2004 04:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by GK Version 1
Has anyone played the newest game? It's on the NEO GEO hardware and programed by the company formerly known as SNK. It's awesome, All the Capcom Characters look like they belong in the King Of Fighter games! Smile

I've played it a little, and I think it's great so far! The only problem is that at my local arcade, the game was put in a generic cabinet (rather than the usual MVS cab) with joysticks that aren't very responsive, so that took away alot of the fun in playing it (even simple down to forward motions only worked once out of every 7-8 times). Hopefully it will be fixed soon so that I can play it again...
Kittie heavenly6 01-25-2004 09:18 AM
ah yeah I was going to reply to this before all the craziness went down in my real life.

Anyways, A broken controller will always destroy the fun of a good fighting game. my local arcade had a broken joystick on SFA3 (My favorite of the series) For awhile, luckily the PS version was released shortly there after.

If you get the chance, try to beat the game in under 5 minutes, getting as many Super Finishes(No Cheap) and with out losing around, that's the way to get to the real last bosses. (A red Gargoyle named Red Aremer(Firebrand) And Athena from SNKs Athena)

I'm absolutley addicted to this game, I may have to get the PS2 version. (I'd kill to have my NEO GEO back)
Mr. Fortnight 03-21-2004 09:37 PM
O.o

What the heck?

At first I thought this was a mugen made game. (MUGEN is a fighting game engine that people could make sprites and what not to pretty much make their own games.)

But, now this is sounding like it's real. Street Fighter characters done SNK style?

Although I'm a 6-string capcom fighter purist, This might grab my attention if I see it in an arcade.

I'm just waiting for the Capcom vs. Sammy game that is coming soon. Street Fighter characters throwing fireballs on Guilty Gear characters. And the GG characters fighting right back. ^.^ Can't wait.

(Ding! 100!)
X Prime 03-22-2004 03:15 AM
Goentiz is the cheapest bastard alive. I'm resisting making a French joke to go along with it.
Mr. Fortnight 03-22-2004 03:29 AM
*nods*

I've had my days going up against cheap SNK bosses.

Krizalid, Kaiser(old school), Any Samurai Showdown boss, Rugal...

I've also had my days with Capcom bosses.

Bison, Akuma, Shin Akuma, heck even that greek god wannabe at the end of SFIII.

I've tangled with them all.

So I'm not surprised at the sheer and unfair difficulty.
Nine Kuze 12-11-2006 04:03 AM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
Goentiz is the cheapest bastard alive. I'm resisting making a French joke to go along with it.

Do the French joke, X. And Goentiz is one of the cheapest bastards in the game. The others are Red Aremer, Athena, Mars People, and Earthquake. Anyway I love this game and my favorite characters are Violent Ken, Ryo, Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Mr. Karate, and Iori. I've beaten the game with almost everyone and the fastest time I've done it is around 10 minutes (I'm rounding here) and the last fighter I beat the game with is Ken in around 18 minutes.

Also, I hate Guile. I always manage to get him back but he always kicks my ass. Bad hairstyled punk.
Peace.
Mr. Saturn 12-25-2006 05:29 AM
The game is absolute garbage. It's like they took what was done with the past SNK vs. games and took 3 steps back. Its nice playing as Mr. Karate again, but its just not worth it. There is absolutely no reason not to play Capcom vs. SNK 2 instead. SNK may have gotten it right with Match of the Millenium: Capcom vs. SNK for the Neo Geo Pocket Color, but they really failed with this one. The title is about the only thing cool about this game.