Thank You Krang & Shredder

Zopwx2 01-13-2004 09:20 PM

Who are Krang and Shredder?

They are the main villains in the ninja turtle series, but they are also the two people who own and operate this site.

I've been enjoying this site for half a year now, free of charge Big Grin , but I really don't know who they are. I at least assume they are both male and operate a Ninja Turtle site. But thats pretty much it.

Does anyone know them? I mean how old are they? What got them interested in big o? What made them decide to make the internet's most kick ass big o website, and the best big o forum?

They seem to pop in periodically and mysteriously fix things. Only making their presence known when it needs to be.

Well thanks K & S whoever you are.
dominusofdeath 01-13-2004 09:24 PM
we would know but they never tell us about themselves
so krang and shredder how was your christmas?
Schwarzwald 01-13-2004 09:25 PM
Heh...

well I know THAT THEY ARE LOYALISTS OF THE HOLY DREAMCAST!!!

*manical laughter*
or are atleast fans of sega...

or just know about it...

*nods head*
Pleased Krang usually patrols as a ghost doesn't he?

Hm... Doesn't post often though Krang does... usually busness...

but shredder is more free.... haha... funky... well.... umm...
*stares left and right*
*nods head*
Sooooo...... yeah.......So... what actually DID get you two interested...

with the bandwidth problems of the past(speakeasy) and the and mild flame wars(but certainly not horrible)... what keeps you going with this site? I am surprised though you can keep it up off only donations...
evanASF27 01-13-2004 09:26 PM
for a second there I thought you were asking "who are they?!? I've been here for XXXX but I don't know what you people mean by 'Krang' and 'Shredder'..." O_o;;;

Err...good question I suppose...uhh...I'm still thinking that you didn't realize who they were ^^;;;

Oh well...uhh...umm..errr....continue Embarrassed Sweatdrop
Wingnut 01-13-2004 09:26 PM
Well the first is a brain-like organism from demention X and the other is a ninja master who wears a lot of metal armor with blades attached, oh you mean the real Krang and Shredder. Oh, well I have no idea, but I do know they both have been in the website mastering game for a long, long time.
Valkir 01-13-2004 09:51 PM
Who really does run Paradigm City? Is it Alex under the pseudonym Krang and Shredder?
re-animate 01-13-2004 10:37 PM
they are kang an shredder

i think any questions about them remain un-answered

it leaves them an arura of mystery.

which i happen to think is totaly kick ass!
Kittie heavenly6 01-13-2004 11:07 PM

He's the brains behind the operation. His Megadeus is called The "Big" Technodrome.

Ruler of the Ancient Foot Clan.

...I'm sorry that's the best answer I can give! Crying
Zopwx2 01-13-2004 11:10 PM
Maybe its unwise to dig too deep!

I may uncover some deep secret and then we'll all have our memories erased!

OMG! They are the true directors of paradigm city!

I ThINK I've gone mad@~!

Kittie heavenly6 01-13-2004 11:19 PM
THE RESET IS COMING! THE RESET IS COMING! Shocked
evanASF27 01-13-2004 11:28 PM
quote:
"I PWN YO'R @$$ YOU EVIL SON OF A B**CH!!!" -evanASF27

I think we should make this Krang and Shredder's quote now Tongue The supreme overlords of Paradigm City! HEIL!! *holds up hand to the furiers*

...wait...we're in a democracy...and America O_o

ALL HAIL BILL GATES! @__@ ...err...I mean *cough* KRANG AND SHREDDER!!!
Big Grin
Shredder 01-13-2004 11:28 PM
Wow, I'm surprised someone came up with this thread, but honestly, I'm a pretty private person, both on and offline and usually prefer visiting message boards and helping out with the Technodrome and Paradigm more anonymously. Krang and I made Paradigm City.com because we wanted to expand beyond the Technodrome (which we created because we were both childhood fans of the show) with an anime site, and Big O was one anime that we both were big fans of and also one that many people were familiar with. (For instance, some of you may know we're both also big fans of the anime/manga One Piece, but aside from its appearance in Shonen Jump, many people aren't familiar with it.) We both saw Big O initially on Toonami, and loved the style of the series, the mystery, the intriguing characters... (I don't think I need to convince anyone here that the show is cool. Wink ) We kept the same "Technodrome" names because initially, we thought most of our members would come from our other site, and just wanted it to be clear we were the same people from the Technodrome. Looking back, we probably should have come up with new names for the new site, but why change them now? Tongue

Aside from Anime Jump's Big O forum, we also weren't aware of too many places to discuss Big O or the (at the time) upcoming second season. We wanted there to be a central information site as well as fun, active forums for other fans of this great series and when we started this site seemed like a great time since the series had a future to it. We think it's been working out great so far, and we're more than happy with how so many people really seem to enjoy the site.

We also balance the work of the site- as the "webmaster," Krang does the "technical" work you see on the site, including setting up/maintaining the forums, troubleshooting any forum or web problems people have as well as actually uploading the content onto the site. I'm the "content manager," or the one who comes up with crazy ideas for the site to try to keep things fresh (such as the trivia, quizzes, games etc) as well as person who reads or looks over everything submitted and makes the decisions of what to include on the site. We also are very happy to have regularly contributing members help us out with Paradigm, including Almasy, who submits screenshots and is great at helping us keep things in order, and all of our moderators: GK Version 1, R. Smith, Fallen Phoenix, dawnstrider, pen1300, Tetsujin, zhinphou, who really do a great job keeping this place running smoothly. Big Grin

Also, we set up this forum so that people are free to give as much or as little personal information out to the public as they're comfortable with. So far, we think it works well for everyone. Big Grin
Krang 01-13-2004 11:31 PM
Well I will tell you that we are both big fans of anime, and since there weren't very many established sites about one of our favorite series, Big O, in mid-late 2002, we decided to start planning one and opened it in January 2003.

quote:
Originally posted by dominusofdeath
we would know but they never tell us about themselves
so krang and shredder how was your christmas?

Not bad, thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by Schwarzwald
with the bandwidth problems of the past(speakeasy) and the and mild flame wars(but certainly not horrible)... what keeps you going with this site?

I enjoy the subject of the site and administrating forums in general, so I'm not going to give up any time soon. Big Grin

quote:
I am surprised though you can keep it up off only donations...

We've had some very generous donations in the past that are a great help in keeping the site going. I can't say the same about The Technodrome, though... Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by Valkir
Who really does run Paradigm City? Is it Alex under the pseudonym Krang and Shredder?

Could be... Pleased

quote:
Originally posted by re-animate
it leaves them an arura of mystery.

which i happen to think is totaly kick ass!

Me too. Tongue

You can probably already tell that some of the things that I'm a fan of are Sega (like Schwarzwald mentioned), SNK, Yu Yu Hakusho, One Piece, and Soul Calibur. I've been managing web sites and administrating forums since 1998, so as you can see, I'm also interested in web design and programming. If you have any questions about my interests, feel free to ask.

As far as personal information goes, I'm either a fire demon with a Jagan eye or a mysterious knight possessed by an evil sword. Either way, I'm definitely voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama. Seriously though, who are Krang and Shredder? The world may never know...
Kittie heavenly6 01-13-2004 11:41 PM
I swear, one day I will run in to you guys at a con, and I will never know it. You two will look knowingly at eachother and have a good laugh. WHY MUST YOU LAUGH AT ME! Crying

I wish I had a cool Voice Actor.

So... Favorite Dreamcast game, Krang? I know what Shredder's is. (Atleast I am asuming what his is)
Zopwx2 01-13-2004 11:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Seriously though, who are Krang and Shredder? The world may never know...

Spooky! I guess some things were just meant to be secret, but at least could you tell us how many licks it takes to get to the center of tootsi pop?
evanASF27 01-13-2004 11:47 PM
HEY O_o It's ok It's ok *pats GK on the back....HARD*

Just remember if you happen to see a teenager dresser as Zenigata being followed by a youngen dressed in a white suit and funky black hairdo....YOU KNOW WHERE I AM Wink Big Grin ...and Big Fau too for that matter...
*shudders at thought*
>_<

Tongue
Manji 01-14-2004 12:19 AM
Wow, I've always wondered about Krang and Shredder, they always seemed so secretive, and every time they posted, it was like a message from god. "When an admin posted, the post most be read!", but its great to see them without the all powerful titles, and just as normal members.

I do have a question or two for Krang and Shredder though-

Are there any other plans for the future? Are the Technodrome and Paradigm just the start of something bigger? (I mean, are there any plans to create more forums based on other animes?)
Kittie heavenly6 01-14-2004 12:22 AM
Yeah, I was wondering that as well. You guys run the best forums, I've ever been a member of. (Trust me, that's alot)
Zopwx2 01-14-2004 12:25 AM
quote:
Originally posted by GK Version 1
Yeah, I was wondering that as well. You guys run the best forums, I've ever been a member of. (Trust me, that's alot)

Yes they run quite a .... ummmm whats that old saying.

They run a tight ship or somthing....or maybe thats a composite of some other sayings....

Even with this many members, them along with the mods seem to keep PC relativley free of all spam or excessive flaming.
Krang 01-14-2004 12:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by GK Version 1
I swear, one day I will run in to you guys at a con, and I will never know it. You two will look knowingly at eachother and have a good laugh. WHY MUST YOU LAUGH AT ME! Crying

Shredder and I do go to anime cons regularly, so you never know... Big Grin

quote:
So... Favorite Dreamcast game, Krang? I know what Shredder's is. (Atleast I am asuming what his is)

It's hard to narrow it down, but some of my favorites are Shenmue, the Sonic Adventure series, Soul Calibur, and Capcom Vs. SNK.

quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
Spooky! I guess some things were just meant to be secret, but at least could you tell us how many licks it takes to get to the center of tootsi pop?

The world may... oh wait, I already said that. Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by Manji
Are there any other plans for the future? Are the Technodrome and Paradigm just the start of something bigger? (I mean, are there any plans to create more forums based on other animes?)

Not for now, but it's a possibility for the future. We previously suggested adding sections for other anime to these forums, but the idea wasn't too popular at the time...