The all purpose Kenshin thread

seraphjei 01-13-2004 03:00 PM
talk about anything kenshin in this forum
Raven 01-14-2004 12:11 AM
Kenshin rules! My favorite character is Aoeshi.
Piano Black 01-14-2004 12:14 AM
Wouldn't this be the all purpose kenshin thread?

[Edit: Yep. Changed. --Krang]
Raven 01-14-2004 12:15 AM
yeah he didn't specify whether it was the show or the character himself though.
seraphjei 01-14-2004 02:43 PM
ok yeah it should be the kenshin threadSweatdrop
harshfire 01-14-2004 02:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by sephiroth237
ok yeah it should be the kenshin threadSweatdrop

who cares. i luv Saitoh!!!

i luv the theme song. it's always stuck in my head.
IamRogerSmith 01-14-2004 03:02 PM
SO what does everyone think of kenshin post-shisio arc? I wasn't a big fan of that part of the series... though it was interesting, it didn't feel as genuine as everything leading up to that point... I guess it just furthers all the budhist symbolism in Kenshin, though. Smile
Raven 01-14-2004 03:26 PM
I haven't seen anything after when they beat shishio cause I only watched it on TV.
StevieV019 01-14-2004 03:33 PM
Does anybody have a preference....Samurai X (the OVA's) or Rurouni Kenshin? (just checkin'...)
IamRogerSmith 01-14-2004 05:44 PM
Samurai X - way better quality, more heart... its the bomb.
Kenshin tells the story between the begining and end of those ovas though ;D
seraphjei 01-14-2004 06:31 PM
in samurai x didnt kenshin end up kill his girlfrien tomoe or somethin because im not clear on the details
IamRogerSmith 01-15-2004 12:42 AM
why don't you watch it... it's pretty clear...
Gestmaniac 01-15-2004 01:18 AM
WEEE! somebody who likes RK! Well I have seen all the episodes, and I finaly have read the whole manga, It was a very different. It spans through 28 volumes. It's really beter in my perspective but they do makeit way bloodier.

And yes, i do read and speak Japanese, so if you peeps want summarys I will give them to you
StevieV019 01-15-2004 11:47 AM
quote:
in samurai x didnt kenshin end up kill his girlfrien tomoe or somethin because im not clear on the details

spoiler (highlight to read):
If Im not mistaken, he doesnt kill her, she gets killed during a duel at the end...its been awhile since I saw it...Ill have to watch my DVD again....(correct me if Im wrong anybody....)
C.R Foxhound 01-15-2004 11:57 AM
I thought Kenshin did kill Tomoe, but it was a total accident
StevieV019 01-15-2004 12:04 PM
You could be right...cripes, I forget...I know Kenshin was about to fight in a duel against the assassin hired to kill him. I thought that guy held Tomoe hostage, and Kenshin went to strike, hitting both the assassin and Tomoe...so yeah...accidental...either that, or else the assassin stabbed Tomoe before the fight began, and was dying anyway...
IamRogerSmith 01-15-2004 02:39 PM
Okay, I'm just going to give you guys the definitive answer since you keep fancyfooting around maybes and such:

In Volume 4, The Cross Shaped Wound, When Kenshin finally ends up fighting that largemanleaderguy he is already severely wounded. Considering the guy actually lasts quite a few rounds fighting dear Ken, he kicks the crap out of Ken some more. When Ken is to unleash his final attack, his wife (Listen to both the accurate TV and Samurai X - Reflection translations, Kenshin did consider Tomoe as such) Tomoe steps in because though Kenshin's attack would have succeeded, Kenshin would have died in the process. Tomoe recognizes this and out love (and probably a hefty ammount of guilt) steps in fully aware that she might die to insure that Kenshin lives. Because Kenshin was so wounded when he attacked with all his heart (and thus greif as well) he could do not but charge with Tomoe's shawl still rapped around his neck and his vision blurred believing in his final strike and thus never even saw Tomoe (except in his heart/mind) until his vision had cleared and he had killed her.

Edit: Tomoe was not dying before any of this happened.
seraphjei 01-15-2004 03:01 PM
sadFrown
ebie 01-15-2004 03:12 PM
i totlly love this show im crazy to i think thats why
StevieV019 01-15-2004 03:19 PM
my bad, thanks for the clarification....knew someone was hurt, someone stepped in...something...its just been so long since I saw them...nonetheless, thanks