The all purpose Kenshin thread

IamRogerSmith 01-15-2004 05:14 PM
No problem bud Smile
seraphjei 01-16-2004 02:59 PM
i wish they would make more episodes and start showing all the movies also i need verification on this little trivia here
spoiler (highlight to read):
didnt kenshin marry karou then get a kid named kenji cause thats what my friend told me
IamRogerSmith 01-16-2004 03:30 PM
Seph:

spoiler (highlight to read):
In the Final 2 OVAs in Samurai X - Refelctions: Though the wedding is not shown, Kenshin and Kaoru are married and do have a son named Kenji. He does refer to this later on saying, "I'm sorry. I know I've not been a good husband or father" while Kaoru is shown holding the baby Kenji saying, "...you've already given me so much happiness." Kenji seeks out Hiko Seijuyo to learn his fathers swordsmanship and furthermore, his fathers strength.

Smile If you need anything else just ask ;D
Redd 01-16-2004 08:04 PM
I love Kenshin! (the show not the man... Sweatdrop ) I'm more attached to the Juppon-Gatana. I luff them all. It is much too bad what happened to Shishio though. Oh yes, and that man-lady... I'm always up for animes with man-ladies... (who was that guy? You know the one with the blue-ish hair...)
IamRogerSmith 01-16-2004 09:18 PM
Lord Kamatari The Great Scythe *cough* queer *cough* to take the place between Sojiro and Shishios chick
Raven 01-22-2004 11:48 PM
it's funny how cartoon netword insisted on saying he was a girl.
IamRogerSmith 01-23-2004 12:48 AM
That pissed me off to no end... but I mean, it doesn't ruin the plot that much... lol
dominusofdeath 01-23-2004 11:55 AM
so wat if he is a homosexual(THE CORRECT TERM ) it dont matter like my friend said
..... its ok to be gay....
IamRogerSmith 01-23-2004 07:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dominusofdeath
so wat if he is a homosexual(THE CORRECT TERM ) it dont matter like my friend said
..... its ok to be gay....

It can be said that hating said scythe-wielding "queers" (for their sexual preference) is wrong (by consesus), however, it is not necessarily true to say it's "okay to be gay" because the moral judgement of no human is perfect (thus no one should pass such universal judgement for anything but personal opinion).

I thought Kamatari was a really cool character... it really showed how much love and respect people could have for Shishio, such an evil evil man.
Raven 01-23-2004 09:55 PM
The disturbing thing I find about that guy was if he was really a girl he'd actually be good looking.
seraphjei 01-23-2004 10:50 PM
ya that is a distubing thought
IamRogerSmith 01-24-2004 12:45 AM
Raven/Seph - I absolutely agree!!! LOL. Ahhh the beauty of anime ambiguity. That fat Juppon-gatana really freaked me out... I never got what he was supposed to be.

Also, under that old baddest character thread - I nominate that Hiko should have been listen, ne?
ENishi_loverGf 01-26-2004 11:11 AM
blueHey I love Rurouni Kenshin. If you have any questions about the show just ask me.
Travis Bickle 01-26-2004 11:14 AM
I only saw one episode where some priest went crazy because the family he helped was killed. It was really good though.

Is it the same as Samurai X, because I also get that on Anime on demand!?

Who does David Lucas or steve Blum play on the show?

Does it have any supernatural elements to it?
ENishi_loverGf 01-26-2004 11:17 AM
okay yeah he does get killed. but no you can not get ANime on Demand. I have tried and it either don't care for me or it just isnt possible
Travis Bickle 01-26-2004 11:24 AM
uh, I saw excel saga on Anime on Demand, so I guess it works for me. Plus, we pay $6.95 a month, I think.
Dingo 01-26-2004 12:00 PM
Anime on demand is great.... but its on low demand where i live so the shows arnt updated much....

oh and kenshin rocks.... i made some gifs... but i had them stored on a friends computer so i could access them on the interner but his comp died.... i still have them on my comp but no where to put them.... sigh...
StevieV019 01-26-2004 12:00 PM
There's already a Kenshin thread located here:

http://www.paradigm-city.com/forums/thre...eadid=3970&sid=

This thread should probably be closed...

[Edit: Threads merged. --Krang]
seraphjei 01-27-2004 03:07 PM
seriously that fat dude got some diet issues to work on Wink
Benjamin 01-28-2004 09:58 AM
"sephiroth237

seriously that fat dude got some diet issues to work on "

I hear that... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked