The Forum Is Not A Chat Room

Kittie heavenly6 01-08-2004 11:01 PM
Please try to keep in mind that the forum is not a chat room.
If you need to chat with a forum member, please note at the bottom of their posts should be contact information, such as AIM or MSN messenger. thanks Smile
Zopwx2 01-08-2004 11:22 PM
Whats up with this wave of new people who all seem to know eachother from their 7th grade classes or somthing......
Patsai 01-08-2004 11:25 PM
Not to mention some pretty bad grammar!

*miroku and MadCat claw Sephiroth into peices*
Madcat584 01-08-2004 11:28 PM
i resent any ill tempered phrases to my sn and to my sis' sn and please forgivce im new at this and give me time to ajust

that includes sephiroth
evanASF27 01-09-2004 11:55 AM
Indeed this ain't a chat room.

I get frustrated with these new people. Well, the ones who act stupid and talk nonsense. :-/

Well if ya need help, Inspector Zenigata is here with his "Zeni-gotcha's" to lend a hand....cuff Evil
Jeff 01-09-2004 03:17 PM
Its ok to converse with friends, so long as it pertains to the thread you are posting in. Like it has been said, if there are personal matters to discuss, please take them to PMs. Well you guys are new, and it seems you've learned from your mistakes, so I cant be angry. Besides, it takes ALOT to get me angry, anyway. Smile )
Madcat584 01-09-2004 03:45 PM
the people that are treating this as a chat room including me should have some help in the rules area from like more experianced members
Shaoblane 01-09-2004 03:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Madcat584
the people that are treating this as a chat room including me should have some help in the rules area from like more experianced members

WHAT?!?!?!!!

That confused me.

OK listen. There's a large group of forum members that meet every night on MSN. Talk to them. One of them is always on. I promise.
Madcat584 01-09-2004 04:03 PM
some of these people have never written threads before so they could get a little confused
Star 01-09-2004 04:27 PM
quote:

Quite honestly, I think that's ********! If you haven't read the rules and don't know online forum behaviors, then you really don't belong here. To my knowledge, Paradigm-City was created for mature discussion about The Big O. You you don't know behaviors then go away. In the Hudson River Pier board, there are two Orientation threads. Plus the users mentioned by Shaoblane. There really is absolutely no excuse for not acting approprietly at Paradigm-City!
The Fallen Phoenix 01-09-2004 04:40 PM
quote:

Have you ever checked the important threads at the Hudson River Pier? I doubt it, since the three threads (especially the Orientation thread) there are really a great help to new members. For your convienence (and everyone else's), I'll link them here.

Orientation

The Official Paradigm City Forums Survival Guide

The Visual Rule Guide.

Those threads do a lot not only to explain some of the rules, but provide tips for being a successful member here. So if you're new, I highly recommend that you read those threads.

---
However, I really don't think it helps when veteran members start bashing some of the new members. Okay, I admit that they might not have valid excuses for following the rules, but they still deserve a second chance. Intimidating and simply bashing rule-breakers really doesn't do much to help them understand what they are doing wrong if they honestly don't know (if they do understand that they are in the wrong, and continue to do so, then it's a completely different story).

That's just my two cents.
pen1300 01-09-2004 06:04 PM
quote:

For those of you who think this is a glorified chatroom, it isn't. Definately check out the rules and the links that FP provided.

If you are new to Forums, hang out for a few days, make sure you want to join and make sure you understand how this works. If you don't understand that your posts should be a little well thought, and have a little bit more than a chat room statement, then a forum is not for you. As I stated before, hang around, get an idea of how a forum works. This forum is different from other forums and you also need to have an idea of how people talk with each other. Some boards have people that can be downright nasty (and we don't like that!), while others have a friendly atmosphere, it all depends on the people.

I would also like to state that "Think before you post!" This is the most valuable advice I could give anyone. Don't post if it seems irrelevant to the acutal subject of the thread. Also, think about who might read it. You may not want someone to totally bash your idea. That might upset you, but trust me, there may be a little rejection, but most people here have a good sense of judgement.

I thank the people on this board for being such great members and making newbie experiences good ones. I also thank them for following the rules. It makes our lives easier, trust me! Big Grin

Lastly, I would like to add that if there are no messenger ids on the bottom of a person's post and you would like to continue to just chat, just PM the person. Maybe you'll find out they have an id on a messenger, but don't want others to know. Never hurts to try, but send a few PMs first.

I just wanted to throw this stuff out there before this is locked.

Thanks,
Pen1300
Kittie heavenly6 01-09-2004 11:39 PM
Pen, FP well said guys Smile

I er.. Guess I have nothing to add they covered it all, so I am just going to lock this before it becomes "Spamriffic"