[Other] Tifaria's wallpapers-- Latest: Missing Cat (again)

A Clockwork Tomato 01-16-2004 08:33 AM
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! It's effective enough that I'd NEVER put it on my desktop. [Raises arm to shield face in classic Vampire warding off the cross gesture.]

Maybe I should try one of these, with Angel. No one give Angel enough respect. Perhaps one could adjust the ogle-to-insult ratio more favorably.
Tony Waynewrong 01-16-2004 09:09 AM
Tifaria, you never cease to amaze me. Well done. As psychotic as RD may be, she certainly wears the color red very well. Smile
Pygmalion 01-16-2004 09:51 AM
Wow, Tifaria, that's a very nice wallpaper. I agree with your brother, she's certainly one of the scariest animated characters I've seen.

Pygmalion
Big Duo Fan 01-18-2004 12:06 AM
I always felt sorry for her.. now she's immortalized on my desktop.
Tifaria 02-13-2004 01:57 PM
Poor Angel, so neglect in fanworks! So I made a wallpaper of her, because I really do love Angel.

Look, I made a thumbnail! That way you all know what you're getting. Kind of.

There are spoilers for Act 26 in this, so beware!

800x600
1024x768

Enjoy! I really like how it turned out.
Tony Waynewrong 02-13-2004 02:02 PM
This one is great. Despite being a devoted Dorothy fan, it is great to see more art and wallpaper of Angel. Fantastic stuff, Tifaria.
Wingnut 02-13-2004 02:06 PM
Stunning as usual Tifaria.
BigPrime 02-13-2004 02:14 PM
Very nice wallpaper, Tifaria! Big Grin
Zola 02-13-2004 04:38 PM
That is absolutely gorgeous, Tifaria!
FittyYen 02-13-2004 04:58 PM
Those are awesome! I really like the one with Dorothy and Pero

*softclaps Tifaria
Falcon 7 02-13-2004 05:01 PM
I'm glad to see more Angel fanworks. Smile Great job!
Jane 02-13-2004 10:56 PM
Wow! You do awesome work! I especially like the latest Angel piece. Dorothy is great, but I'm a fan of Angel too and it's nice to see her get some recognition.
pen1300 02-14-2004 08:47 AM
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
BEAUTIFUL! I MUST USE THIS ON MY DESKTOP! (As soon as I'm ready to rotate). I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS! Have you submited these to Paradigm yet????

Wow! These are AWESOME!

Later,
Pen1300
kenshi 02-17-2004 04:30 PM
hey these things are pretty cool!
BabyGhia 02-18-2004 03:49 AM
These are really good Tifaria. I'm going to add them into my rotation of other desktops now. Glad my computer has a random desktop feature. Yippie!!

*wondering why I haven't put together a desktop picture or two...*

BabyGhia
Pygmalion 02-18-2004 07:16 AM
So many great wallpapers. So few computers. How will I ever resolve this dilemma? Maybe I need a "wallpaper of the day" -- yeah, that's the ticket!

Nice work, Tifaria!
Pygmalion
Tifaria 02-18-2004 02:58 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm really glad you all like them! I keep meaning to submit them to the site, but I've had a lot going on. I'll try and do that this weekend!

Next up, I'm working on a 'Roger the Wanderer' themed wall,and a Winter Night Phantom wall. Big Grin Hopefully I'll have them done soon! Thanks so much for your support!
Tifaria 05-03-2004 02:03 PM
Okay, so I lied. The wallpapers I had planned to do next got put on the backburner for this new one. I'm a Roger and Dorothy fan to the end, don't get me wrong, but I also wish that it could've worked out for Roger and Angel too.

First off, Dork, I snagged your panoramic shot of Roger and Angel's dinner, for which I am greatly indebted, as I really don't think this would have worked without it. I credited you at the bottom, so I hope you don't mind, but if you do I'll gladly take it down. Smile )

I worked on this one for a really long time-- it started out completely different from this, but in the end I went with more of a collage feel instead of having sharp divisions between images like I started out with. The lyrics are from the song "Velveteen", which is off the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex soundtrack. It's a gorgeous song, I can't get it out of my head. The refrain, which is the part I've put here in the wallpaper, is originally in Italian in the song, but I translated it into French, since that seemed more appropriate. Wink I don't claim to be fluent in French, so if there are any glaring errors in the words that anyone notices, please tell me!

The lyrics in the wallpaper, in english, are:

You are for me... the air that I breathe
My food, the eyes I see with
You're the magic! And I feel
Than I'm in love
Immeasurably and almost infinitely
Live, in my thoughts

As soon as I heard the song I thought it fit Angel's feelings about Roger-- this desperate kind of love. Give the song a listen sometime. The first version is with the text, the second version without.

1024x768 800x600

1024x768 800x600
Tony Waynewrong 05-03-2004 02:22 PM
Tifaria, you have a knack for making a decent picture(s) and transforming it (them) into something magnificant. This is truely beautiful. Superb, maybe a better term to describe these wallpapers.

Kudos! Smile
Zola 05-03-2004 02:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Tifaria
Okay, so I lied. The wallpapers I had planned to do next got put on the backburner for this new one. I'm a Roger and Dorothy fan to the end, don't get me wrong, but I also wish that it could've worked out for Roger and Angel too.

I am not a Roger/Angel fan, but that is a beautiful wallpaper. Smile