If you made a Big O movie . . .

Schoolie 01-03-2004 11:52 AM
Okay, talk about the Cowboy Bebop movie has gotten me to thinking, wouldn't it be great if they made a Big O movie(s)?

Okay, so if they ever do make a Big O movie (anime, not live-action), what would you want in it?

I'm assuming all the art, music, sound effects, and voice actors would all be the same.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Roger on a typical negotiating case/mystery that somehow involved a giant robot from the "past." It would further explain the mystery of "40 years ago" and "memories."

Of course, we'd see typical interactions with Roger, Dorothy, Norman, Dastun, Angel, Big Ear, etc.

But what else would you like to see?
Hobodoken 01-03-2004 12:14 PM
I'd have it be a sort of sidestory involving Schwarzwald.
Because Schwarzwald is the man.
GloriousPeanut 01-03-2004 12:59 PM
I'd like to see it as a sequel to the series, instead of an actual third season, in which Roger'd have one last battle, the Event would get pretty much explained, Roger and Dorothy'd get married, etc., and everything would be generally wrapped up.

Oh yeah, and Norman would finally get some respect.
Big Money 01-03-2004 01:42 PM
I would like something that explained the following, and I don't much care if it is a sequel/prequel:

Big Ear
Gordon/Roger picture
Tomato experiments
Episode 26 in it's entirety
Behemoth
The Event
Crispy
The Union
Crystalline 01-03-2004 02:06 PM
I'd love to learn a little more about Alan Gabriel... I'd like to know about his past... Could be fun! But since I know that would never happen...

I'd also like to see a sort of "Death and Rebirth" to kind of give a little more to the ending. I have no problem with the ending (the non-cut one), but I'd LOVE to know more...

I'd be sad, however, because Alan is dead so wouldn't be in the movie... ;_;
BigPrime 01-03-2004 03:11 PM
Well, if it were like Cowboy Bebop's movie, you could just do it like a longer episode really. Wouldn't be hard to do, and there'd be more time to develop the plot and have room for a bigger Megadeus fight than usual. There's still plenty of stuff to talk about within the series without going to a prequel. Maybe it could be more of Schwarzwald or the Union. Or if it was going to be comical, there's always Beck. Wink Big Grin

However, a prequel set before the Event would also be cool. Major Smith, the original Dorothy, Gordon Rosewater armies of Megadei, etc. Probably more interesting than setting it in the Event's aftermath. That would mean a Big O movie without the Big O. And that just wouldn't be right at all. Shocked
Knave 01-03-2004 03:13 PM
I'd like something more on Schwarzwald, and his journies, and perhaps how they affect the series - you see that he does a lot that's never directly covered in the series. Of course, you'd have to have that as a subplot, with the main characters doing something of their own.
Xel 01-03-2004 04:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Crystalline
I'd love to learn a little more about Alan Gabriel... I'd like to know about his past... Could be fun! But since I know that would never happen...

So would I, honestly (like that's at all a surprise ;B)... I'd really like to know just why he felt he had to give up part of his humanity. I suppose it could just be that he wanted to kill with greater efficiency, but I somehow don't buy that. Alan seems far too... hedonistic for me to accept him as becoming more machine-like just for its own sake.

quote:
I'd be sad, however, because Alan is dead so wouldn't be in the movie... ;_;

Well... we don't KNOW that for sure, right? ^_^; After all, his hat made it out unscathed. It's that old soap-opera principle of "they shouldn't be considered dead until you see the body!"

Though like someone mentioned in a much earlier thread, if he's not dead, then he might still be somewhere inside Big Duo Inferno. O_o Hope it's being nice to him. Not bloody likely. -.-;
Schwarzwald 01-03-2004 04:14 PM
I would want to see a movie of Roger Smith's military police days and possibly how he came across big o.

There would also be camos with the otehr characters in thier past lives like Micheal Seebach and Angel.

The militray police could be on a case looking for beck.
Heck there may even be more about roger's mother.

Yeah I want it of the character's past.... meaby not the FOUNDING of Paradigm... but more about the military police, paradigm press, beck, and angel's pasts.
Crystalline 01-03-2004 04:26 PM
quote:
Well... we don't KNOW that for sure, right? ^_^; After all, his hat made it out unscathed. It's that old soap-opera principle of "they shouldn't be considered dead until you see the body!"

Though like someone mentioned in a much earlier thread, if he's not dead, then he might still be somewhere inside Big Duo Inferno. O_o Hope it's being nice to him. Not bloody likely. -.-;

<3 Now I have hope!!! ^___________^ (I guess I'm a pessimist, every time I like a character, he normally ends up dead... ;_; NORMALLY. ^_^)

quote:
So would I, honestly (like that's at all a surprise ;B)... I'd really like to know just why he felt he had to give up part of his humanity. I suppose it could just be that he wanted to kill with greater efficiency, but I somehow don't buy that. Alan seems far too... hedonistic for me to accept him as becoming more machine-like just for its own sake.

I agree! I'd love to know what truly prompted him to do it... Perhaps more than anything else in the show at this point. If we've learned anything from watching Big O, its that there is ALWAYS a reaaaaaally deep reason for anything that happens, and I'd REALLY like to know what it is in his situation. ^_^
YZEtc 01-03-2004 04:59 PM
quote:
From Xel:

quote:
From Crystalline:
<3 Now I have hope!!! ^___________^ (I guess I'm a pessimist, every time I like a character, he normally ends up dead... ;_; NORMALLY. ^_^)

Gee, I don't know, guys.

I'm under the impression that Alan was last known to be still inside of Big Duo Inferno being suffocated by his miles of wiring as Schwarzwald was hitching a spirtual ride, gave us his last thoughts on Life In Paradigm.

What happens next is that Big Duo Inferno slams straight into one of those huge lamps high above Paradigm.
Result:
Enormous explosion, where pieces of Duo are shown falling out of the gas/debris cloud.
I'd have to think after that - with his engines no longer operating to provide thrust (not to mention having a big light in the direct path of his flight) - there would be no where else for the Duo/Gabriel/Schwarzwald Soul Train to go but straight down about 30,000 feet.
Alan Gabriel would have had to somehow survive the explosion at the stage light as well as the re-entering of Paradigm's City Limits and being reintroduced to the ground from such a great height.
BigPrime 01-03-2004 05:05 PM
Actually, Duo Inferno kinda spit Alan out in a big ball of wiring a few hundred feet up. I guess the little cybernetic boogeyman gave the Big indigestion. Big Grin
YZEtc 01-03-2004 05:31 PM
Ahh, yes.
I forgot about that tangled mess of wires being puked-up from the cockpit, with his hat then floating down in the breeze.
*slaps self*

In that case - chin up, guys.
Maybe those wires broke his fall - if he wasn't already dead from suffocation to start with.
Xel 01-03-2004 05:42 PM
Oooh. Way to burst a fangirl's bubble, YZEtc. Crying But yes, I was looking at the ball of wires, myself.

I know I'm somewhat grasping at straws here but we're not going to acknowledge that anymore after this :B, but I kinda like to believe that if Roger can jump off of buildings and not get a scratch on him, Alan-- with all the various cyborg goodies that he might have-- could survive his Duo ordeal. He'd likely be the worse for wear, but... well, that's beside the point. ^_~

I will continue to believe in this as fiercely as I believe that his junk is still intact. T_T

Because a ball of wires still ain't a corpse! >:3
Crystalline 01-03-2004 06:01 PM
quote:
Because a ball of wires still ain't a corpse! >:3

Ain't that the truth? ^_~ I agree, he's far from simply human. Anyone who is part robotic should be able to withstand an extraordinarily high amount of damage and keep going, as battle damaged as he probably would be... And since he was tossed out in the ball of wiring, once he was expelled from Big Duo, the wiring wouldn't be "alive" anymore, and he could possibly escape.

Until I see him dead, he'll be alive to me... Maniacally laughing and licking his Luger... <3

quote:
I will continue to believe in this as fiercely as I believe that his junk is still intact. T_T

...O_O!!!!!! Hey, you never know... I am betting all is well though. ^_~
dominusofdeath 01-04-2004 06:28 PM
i make movies if u got money and can fly to michigan tell me i have an animator team and we can do a live action on a low budget of course

its tough being poor
psygnosis 01-04-2004 09:12 PM
an hour of overview, explanations of what happened throughout the series(nothing in back history or the like) then after the series in brief nothing but an hour long fight scene between big o and big fau, then big venus comes and defies temporal phisics
Kittie heavenly6 01-06-2004 02:41 AM
call me a sucker for re-makes:

I'd love to see a re-telling of The TV series. Not Altered as bad as Escaflowne was, keep it close to the Original. (As close as you can that is)
YZEtc 01-06-2004 08:53 AM
I like the thought of that idea.
Actually, I want it all:
Some kind of a retelling and a continuation.
StevieV019 01-06-2004 09:29 AM
Id want a prequel that explains the whole "event" and the history of the characters...