One AAAAAAAAAAAA Battery

Paul_Cousins 12-28-2003 04:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R and D
some kind of power core like on zoids? (if any of yas watch it) Confused or maybe like what adult swim says.............................
it's powered on one huge
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

battery. Pleased

Let's at least thank the Adult Swim crew for explaining that one mystery.
Commander Amarao 12-28-2003 04:22 PM
It's powered by hugs.

Megadeuses need love too.
Gerbera345 12-28-2003 04:34 PM
I'd make a guess that the power source is somewhere just above the hips, this is one of the few spaces not occupied by a weapon system and make sense as no Big has been severly damaged in that area specifically (Big Duo ate a good hole in Big O just above the hips but it was over to the side and closer to the missile batteries.

The Bigs must have some extremely impressive joint assemblies as most of the internal space of a Big is consumed by weaponry.

Example
Big O Weaponry

Head
Eye Lasers - The mechanism seems to be quite small due to the size of the head, some of the equiptment may be in the neck.

Chromebuster - I suspect this weapon shares most of it's basic assemblies with the eye lasers, the emitter portion consists of the 'helmet'

Torso
Machine Guns - It seems these are composed of multiple barrels of various sizes, there is only enough ammunition for one firing so they only take up a limited amount of room.

Missiles - Like the machine guns these weapons are one shot only but likely take up both side of the lower torso, the center likely contains the power source as well as most of the support structure.

Rocket Anchors - I'd guess this take up a good percentage of the skirt as well as some of the lower torso, still allowing room for the internal structure.

Arms
Arm Pistons - These tske up the core of the arms and likely serve as the main support structure of the arms.

Gatling Guns - Surrounding the pistons they are a heavily distributed and likely rather vulnerable system.

Overall Body
Field Generator - Composed of layers of armour plating this would take up little internal space as most of it resides undernath raised armour sections.

Final Stage - Sharing much of the same system as the Field Generator this also takes up the prominent grill in the center of the chest.

All in all the following areas on Big O would be available for equipment.
Rear Sides of Upper Torso
Shoulders and Collar
Neck Tower
Central Spine
Lower Legs

Big Duo would have the following
Chest Center
Shoulder and Collar
Central Spine

Big Fau
Lower Torso
Skirt
Lower Legs
Central Spine
Ness 12-28-2003 04:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by NVWC2006
Possibly the power source is in the arms..
In the manga, Big O is attacked by Beck's electric-sucking-bugs.. And Big O seems to deactivate once its arms are chewed off.

That's what I thought of, too, but it doesn't seem like it runs exclusively on electricity. Beck says that he doesn't know exactly what it runs on, but it has to have electricity in it somewhere, and that's what he exploited.

Maybe electricity powers certain areas and is used as a means of power for certain tasks. As far as "core" power (Big O's "consciousness") and weapons go, there's probably something more complex and mysterious there, especially since there isn't an external power source (like extension cords running all the way back to the mansion-- Roger's electricity bill would be sky high).
taaudoloran 12-28-2003 06:02 PM
I tend to think that the final stage demonstrates that the core is where the cap chest plate resides. Once the final attack is used, the core ejects because it has overheated. Therefore, when the final attack is used, Big O's power supply then gets used. That is why Alex figured he had won the fight until Venus came along.
The Big Mo 12-28-2003 06:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by taaudoloran
I tend to think that the final stage demonstrates that the core is where the cap chest plate resides. Once the final attack is used, the core ejects because it has overheated. Therefore, when the final attack is used, Big O's power supply then gets used. That is why Alex figured he had won the fight until Venus came along.

I was thinking that too. But then we see Big O walk into Big Venus, meaning it still must of had some functioning energy source. But then again, the physics of the universe where in momentary disarray at the time.
Hobodoken 12-28-2003 07:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by NVWC2006
Possibly the power source is in the arms..
In the manga, Big O is attacked by Beck's electric-sucking-bugs.. And Big O seems to deactivate once its arms are chewed off.

Then again, it gets right back up again.

Somehow, later, Big O gets 2 new arms which generate electricity.. If I understood it directly, I think it was something about the Praire Dog transporter spinning fast enough to generate power..

Perhaps megadeuses have mastered the goal Nicola Tesla could never achieve.. Wireless Electricity?

Hm... maybe thats why Electric City was so important to Paradigm Corp, Alex knew he would need more power for the toy he would be getting, and the current supply being spread throuhout Paradigm wouldn't be able to power more then A Clumsy Megadeus, and he knew Roger wouldn't be willing to step down...
R and D 12-28-2003 07:15 PM
hmmmmmm maybe the bigs could also be powered on
RED BULL!
or gatorade. Pleased Big Grin Tongue Roll Eyes
R. David Mcleod 12-31-2003 08:59 PM
I'd forgotten about Big Duo. It can't be regluar fusion because the fuel has to be kept in a crygenic state and Duo was abandoned for far too long for a system like that to survive. I forgot to mention the lower torso as a likely spot for a power source. I'm begining to think there might be some kind of generator there, say power by radioactive decay like NASA's space probes. This would then be suplemented by a secondary power source for the high capacity systems like the Cromebuster. Big O's Pistons, Big Duo's jet engines and I don't know what for Big Fau.

I'd thought the core was part of Big O's Final Stage Cannon myself, but judging by the fact that the assembly was still glowing hot when it ejected, what kind of power source could be subjected to that kind of abuse without becoming toxic in one form or another?

R. David
Big Fau 12-31-2003 10:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
it would need about 300 Z Cells ... O_o;;;

THAT"S FRIGGIN HUGE!! @__@
THAT'S ALOT OF DAM POWER! Tongue ...get it? ..dam...oh hell ~~
Watts the matter with you?! Big Grin

hmm...*thinks about the size*

O.O;;;;;

@_@;;;;

uh wouldn't 300 Z Batteries be bigger than a megadeus? O_o;;;;;
The Big Ian 01-01-2004 12:55 AM
I would say some sort of core, but throughout the entrire torso, or a s much of it as possible.

If you asuume Big O in its most simplest premise as an Archetype with armor, then you have that much torso space to hold something.

The machine guns and missle launchers are not that big, and also fold away.

Also, examining Big Duo when it's chest plate was ripped off, there was plenty of extra "stuff" around the launchers and cockpit, that presumably ran down through the torso.
GloriousPeanut 01-01-2004 01:52 AM
Remember Alex's escapades to get Big Fau started? He zapped it with God knows how much electricity, and then it worked -- for a little while.

Where did all that energy go?

Maybe it was like a defibrillator to jump-start something else...

... the core memory, perhaps? (Which wasn't installed until later -- that's when it started to kick ass in true Big fashion.)

I like the idea that memories are part of the equation. Perhaps through some quirky aspect of the human mind(through memories, or what have you), a physical system was created through which finite input of a certain intangible, metaphysical kind would lead to infinite output of a conventional physical source of energy.

That, and it's 1:51 am.
Piano Black 01-01-2004 01:57 AM
Maybe Big O is solar powered. The plate on its head could also act as a solar panel.
TemporalRift 01-01-2004 11:35 AM
That's rather unlikely for the simple reason that Big O spends the majority of the time indoors or underground. Also, Paradigm doesn't have a centralized light source outside the domes, which is where Big O did most of its fighting

There just isn't enough light for a solar power system to be viable.

But think of the technology the Bigs represent, the highest point of technoligical advance for the human race before the Event. It could be possible that by that point in our development, we can produce small cold fusion sources, ala Back To The Future's Mr. Fusion.

Unlikely, but possible.
TheBuckley 01-01-2004 08:47 PM
I would submit that the Big O, and the ither Bigs, do not have any centralized power systems, like the power "cores" which have been much discussed in this thread. Rather, it creates electricity like a human creates blood. Yes, there would have to be a variety of mechanisms that contribute to this function, but we have seen in episode 25 that the interior of the Big O is very complex. I guess what I'm trying to say is that out nervous system works through a series of electric impulses, and yet, we do not have some battery shoved in our back.

This could apply to all of the Bigs. Big Duo was found in a large arcraft hanger, clean and it good shape. It is very possible that it was maintained by a crew similar to Roger's black-eyed hobos.

As for Big Fau, It is obviously awake at the beginning of the second season, you can see it peeking out from the wreckage from of the outer shell. However, it needed to be assembled from the three diffrent foreign megadeuses, and was deactivated during the time.

As for Big Venus, it is quite possible that the enrgy contained in the ball lightning was sufficiant to activate the megadeus.

We must remember that the Bigs are not robots in the traditional sense, they are gods. They are sentient, annd possibly channel some sort of holy power once conscious. Even if we were to believe that the spend rod (there, I said it) ejected from Big O was the power core, the fact remains that it steps towards Big Venus in the last shot of the Adult Swim edit. It still therefore must have some power and decentralized power network.