Discuss the Current Episode

Wingnut 07-04-2004 08:46 PM
Those were nothing more than walking bombs, one of which was a heck of a lot bigger than the others.

And I agree that Dot 1 was not ment for combat, but rather for salvage, and certain equipment, like the drill, could be turned into a weapon in a pinch.
R and D 07-05-2004 07:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
I wonder if Dorothy can outrun a car...

SHE CAN1 I KNOW SHE CAN!
which now leads to this question.
How far can she jump without anyone seein what's under her dress? Pleased
Wingnut 07-05-2004 10:04 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mattimeo
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
I wonder if Dorothy can outrun a car...

SHE CAN I KNOW SHE CAN!
which now leads to this question.
How far can she jump without anyone seein what's under her dress? Pleased

Well, how far was it from the window to the car?
YZEtc 07-05-2004 08:32 PM
Here's an unknown outtake that never showed-up on the finished #5, Bring Back My Ghost:

(words are for the melody of that classic TV theme song for The Brady Bunch )

Here’s the story, of a wealthy lady,
Who had brought this town two very different boys
One of them liked rings of gold, like his mother,
The other made no noise

Here’s the story, of a guy named Roger,
Who was busy working two jobs of his own
Negotiator, by man-made sunlight,
‘Til he calls, “Big O!”

Bonnie Frasier with his ‘Deus was raisin’ havoc,
One-by-one, those officers were toast
They shouldn’t have tried to waste him in that riot,
It’s up to Rog to Bring Back My Ghost

The Frasier Bunch,
The Frasier Bunch,
Lucky you your brother’s a lawyer,
The Frasier bunch!
A Clockwork Tomato 07-05-2004 08:34 PM
Aieeeee! Now my mind is filled with the themes from Gilligan's Island and the Beverly Hillbillies, in an insane effort to top your last post!
Pygmalion 07-05-2004 09:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by YZEtc
Here's an unknown outtake that never showed-up on the finished #5, Bring Back My Ghost:

(words are for the melody of that classic TV theme song for The Brady Bunch )

Great stuff, YZEtc! How about another 25 for the rest of the show?

Pygmalion
Irrelevant 07-06-2004 08:51 PM
That was great! See television does have continuity, you just have to use your imagination. Big O wasn't inspired by the bible, but the Brady Bunch! Marsha would be Angel... and *CONTINUES on into silence*
A Clockwork Tomato 07-10-2004 12:05 AM
In accordance with our scheme of pretending that Adult Swim didn't stop showing BIG O on Saturdays, it's showtime!

The episode for Saturday, July 10 is MIISSING CAT. No doubt we'll watch it at the PCF Cookout West. So should you! And then we'll discuss it here starting Saturday night.
Wingnut 07-10-2004 12:20 AM
Well a last thought before we leave Act 7 this time around. After the battle is over we find Roger and Angel more or less glareing at each other. Obvously Roger won the contest, but who gave the better glare at the other?
Pygmalion 07-10-2004 12:50 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
Well a last thought before we leave Act 7 this time around. After the battle is over we find Roger and Angel more or less glareing at each other. Obvously Roger won the contest, but who gave the better glare at the other?

Roger had the physical and moral superiority, but Angel was stripped for battle. The judges award it to --- Angel by a hair!

Pygmalion
A Clockwork Tomato 07-10-2004 08:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
Well a last thought before we leave Act 7 this time around. After the battle is over we find Roger and Angel more or less glareing at each other. Obvously Roger won the contest, but who gave the better glare at the other?


Angel. She's standing there in her underwear, defenseless, glaring up at a man who weilds godlike powers with his Megadeus, and she not the least bit intimidated.
A Clockwork Tomato 07-11-2004 08:41 PM
I see something new every time I watch this episode.

At the very beginning, Dorothy turns off into the alley before she hears Pero meow. The alley seems to be a dead end, and in any event is out of her way. She really did sense him before she ever saw him.

Pretty bold of Angel to wear white pants with a motorcycle. How does she get the oil stains out?

How did Dorothy guess that all of Eugene's monsters were really people?

Poor Roger -- Angel seemed unconscious right when Big O appeared. I'll bet he still imagines that she doesn't know that he's the one in the driver's seat.

It really pays to not be a megalomaniac. Eugene's work is junk -- unstable. But he thinks that the ability to change a human being into a monster puts him on the same footing as god. Idiot.

Dorothy is at her most irrational in this episode. She makes enormous demands on Roger -- she expects him to pay a fortune for a cat, just because she told him to -- and he would have done it, too. Is she just being unreasonable? Does she know that he loves her (while still denying any physical attraction)? Or is it a little of both?

Dorothy didn't flee when she had the chance -- not until Roger told her to. That's a bad habit, Dorothy -- it'll get you into trouble someday!

It's a very touching, very sweet episode.

I like Roger's attitude towards evidence -- his unwillingness to jump to conclusions. "It's a sound assumption -- but is it the truth?" The world needs more of that.

So why did Angel follow Roger? I think she was there solely to protect him. The poor woman's in love.
Dark-0 07-11-2004 08:57 PM
anybody notice that Roger was really mad that they took Dorothy slams money on table where Big-Ear is reading his paper. I like this EP because Dorothy was more affected in this one, espically with pero, you think Roger like that?
Pygmalion 07-11-2004 10:14 PM
I'm wondering if it was Roger who cracked that pool cue at the Speakeasy. And the rack of ten (not fifteen) balls makes me wonder each time I see it. Is it supposed to imply that the world is very slighty askew?

Pygmalion
Big Money 07-11-2004 11:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by A Clockwork Tomato
quote:
Originally posted by Big MoneyR-D is almost exactly the same as Dorothy was created by Wayneright. Was R-D created by Wayenright? If so, when was R-D created? And was Wayneright in cahoots with the Union?


In NEGOTIATION WITH THE DEAD (Act 15), we saw Wayneright's house, which still contained at least one working android (of a different model from Dorothy and R-D). He also left Glinda behind. How much other fully assembled and partially assembled stuff had Wayneright left behind? Anybody could have ransacked Wayneright's stuff and taken it for his own, if he managed not to be killed in the process. Vera claimed that the murders in R-D were arranged by Alex. The simplest explanation is that Alex found another Dorothy-style android and used her to do the murders. R-D's insane glee was reminiscent of Alan Gabriel, who may have helped. That's my guess.

quote:
I won't even venture to ask why any of these people were killed, because as far as I know, the best way to get memories from someone is to talkl to them. I have also heard people say about Alex wanting them dead because the memories made them eligible to pilot megadei... But if the Union killed the people, and gave Alex Big Fau, what was Alex's end, that he apparantly didn't hold up?


No, apparently Alex had the senators killed because they would try to stop him from killing Gordon and becoming a god. He killed the "tomatoes" because they had the Senators' memories, and would presumably try to stop him from killing Gordon and becoming a god.


I'm digging this up again, 'cause I want another round of discussion! I just rewatched 15 and picked up on a little dialogue...

quote:
ROGER: Part of Wayneright's legacy huh? So... did you forget something here and come back for it?

ANGEL: Don't get the wrong idea. Wayneright's client was only...

ROGER: (Cut to behind shot of Angel and front upper view of Roger as he turns to stare at Angel again) Someone like you? Someone who comes from a place other than Paradigm City?

ROGER: Is that what you were going to say?

ANGEL: I'm like you, a human being. It doesn't really matter where I was born or where I am now. I act entirely of my own free will.



Its seems Angel all but admits that R-D was a union assasin... And, unless this is logical fallacy... which would suck, by the way, that would mean the Union was killing the "young people' with the memories of Senators... I have more, but I want you to respond, so that I don't get proved wrong all at the same time...
darkangel 07-11-2004 11:33 PM
well when i was watching ep.8 missing cat, my fav part was that roger using the gun for the fist & only time of my & our lives.Big Grin that was really fun & cool.Smile
Pygmalion 07-12-2004 07:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by darkangel
well when i was watching ep.8 missing cat, my fav part was that roger using the gun for the fist & only time of my & our lives.Big Grin that was really fun & cool.Smile

Another example of Roger's charming inconsistancy with respect to firearms. He's perfectly ok with shooting a steam line and scalding those poor schmucks, but not shooting them directly. In "A Legacy of Amadeus" he uses machine guns mounted on the Griffon to knock out the barricade on the road to Amadeus's lab.

Pygmalion
Tickle Tickle 07-12-2004 09:21 AM
My favorite episode of Big O! =D

Most people see this as a filler episode, but I think it was a good turning point. One, we saw what a person could do with memories. Two, this one was really packing action. Eugene's shoot fest on the Ferrys, Norman bringing out the big gun, angry Roger, and the first time Roger is seen using a hand gun.

Plus, this episode brings out problemly my favorite character. Eugene. I think he was the best out of the villains, I mean how can he be any worse than some Scooby Doo reject, or a whack-o dressed as Santa?

Also, some things I question about.

What does the real Roy look like? All we know is that he had 'crystal blue eyes' and he was 'a lovely creature'.

What is Eugene hiding under that side of his face? Did he lose an eye or something?

What IS that stuff on Eugene's face?
A Clockwork Tomato 07-12-2004 09:25 AM
quote:
Originally posted by R-Umino
My favorite episode of Big O! =D

Most people see this as a filler episode, but I think it was a good turning point. One, we saw what a person could do with memories. Two, this one was really packing action. Eugene's shoot fest on the Ferrys, Norman bringing out the big gun, angry Roger, and the first time Roger is seen using a hand gun.


I would add that we have Angel and Roger working together and we see Dorothy's emotions in a way that's so clear that even the people who were too slow on the uptake to figure it out in ROGER THE NEGOTIATOR finally had to see it.
Wingnut 07-12-2004 01:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R-Umino
What is Eugene hiding under that side of his face? Did he lose an eye or something?

What IS that stuff on Eugene's face?

It reminds me of examples of Tyberium poisoning seen in C&C Tyberiun Sun.
Although I don't think whatever happened to his face caused him to go loco in the head. He was that far gone long before whatever happened to his face happened.