Discuss the Current Episode

Zopwx2 12-29-2003 11:01 PM
Roger does age. He has memories of his early adult hood and younger days as a Military Police man.

Even gordon says somthing like "I hired you, no, I hired roger smith to negotiate for me"

But from there you could go off, is roger a clone of the original? Maybe the old roger voluntary gave up his memories and....... hell i dunno
X Prime 12-29-2003 11:15 PM
Ah, but who's to say those memories are TRUE? In the Gordon0Roger picture, he looks exactly the same. That implies eternal youth...
Mr. Peabody 12-29-2003 11:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
Roger does age. He has memories of his early adult hood and younger days as a Military Police man.

Even gordon says somthing like "I hired you, no, I hired roger smith to negotiate for me"

But from there you could go off, is roger a clone of the original? Maybe the old roger voluntary gave up his memories and....... hell i dunno

I originally thought that Roger's memories from the 2nd season were planted to go off whenever he got close to the truth behind Paradigm City.

Roger goes from memories of his mother, to memories of a cloning project and a TV production? Those memories got stronger and made Roger a wreck as the puzzle was put together.
X Prime 12-29-2003 11:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peabody
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2

I originally thought that Roger's memories from the 2nd season were planted to go off whenever he got close to the truth behind Paradigm City.

Roger goes from memories of his mother, to memories of a cloning project and a TV production? Those memories got stronger and made Roger a wreck as the puzzle was put together.

Am i the only one who thinks Oedipus when he calls Dorothy 'Mama'?
Mega Dominus 12-30-2003 03:17 AM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
Ah, but who's to say those memories are TRUE? In the Gordon0Roger picture, he looks exactly the same. That implies eternal youth...

But if the Roger we know is a tomato, then it could not the be the same Roger Smith in the photo.

A more likely suggestion is that our "Tomato Roger" is a clone, an almost perfect one no less. Maybe that's what Gordon meant by him not being "one of [his] cherished/beloved tomatoes"...
YZEtc 12-30-2003 07:42 AM
Well, well, well.
Let's see what's happening under the roof of The Smith Bank, shall we?

It makes me wonder how much time had passed in the Wild, Wild World of Paradigm from the end of #2 to the beginning of this episode.
It would appear that enough has passed to allow Dorothy to become familiar with Roger-Ol'-Boy's habits.

That would also mean that she's picked-up on the things that irritate her employer, like intentionally making her android whirring noises, moving in an exaggerated mechanical manner, and illuminating the breakfast table with her CD drive light.
At the end of the day - after all of the bickering and fork-pointing and snappy come-backs have been said and done - I can only hope that Roger lays his head upon his $75.00 designer pillow with some kind of appreciation for the effort that is going into the attention that Dorothy is paying to him.
Can't the louse take a hint?
Ummmm...no; his skull's a wee bit too thick.

When Norman told Roger that he'd allowed their unexpected guest into The Mansion without getting his permission first, I swear that I could actually hear his eyes snap open with an audible click.
Never forget Roger's Rule Of The Bank.
He certainly didn't, as evident by his sudden good mood.
As Dorothy sits there and casts a wicked glare of The Eye, she's got to be realizing that turnabout is fair play...and that she'll need to come-up with a really good one for next time.

Well, with curves like that, I guess that Casseey (Casseey?) Jenkins doesn't need that many opening lines, because she's wearing all the good ones, apparently.
You're not kidding me, Rog.
Why did you take-on this job from Paradigm?
Because they sent the heavy artillery with the offer, bonehead.
Like Miss. Jenkins said: "I'm well aware of your reputation...(cue sensual voice) Roger The Negotiator. "
The big-wigs at Paradigm must be, as well.

Let me get my camera:
Roger's doing the cooking.
And there's nothing like keeping the sunglasses belonging to your new interest nice and toasty-warm like that.
It may just be a passing phase, perhaps?
Why would you run off and leave somebody that you care about at the first sign of danger in the form of a 200-foot monster from the lake?
Geez, it's not like you should feel that your life's at risk.

Damn it all!
I sure as hell hope that the Chromebuster Roger and Big O fired opens the eyes of the locals that were watching the fight to the benefits of modern-day conveniences like electricity, for cryin' out loud.
I mean, jeez!, it is called ELECTRIC CITY, after all.
How about a little pride in your home town, guys?
Hopefully they'll come around and warm-up to the idea, now that the big, bad Titan Of The Lake is out of commission.
I know that I sure would if I lived there and saw the image of Electric City in that kick-ass golden glow.
Wicked.
Makes Big O look especially cool.
Also good for showing curvacious fallen angels blowing kisses from a distance.
Ahh...the wonders of electricity.
Hope those local hicks are taking notes.

Battle Of The Wits - Round Two.
There's nothing like ending a vigorous couple of days' worth of negotiations with a few barbs tossed playfully about between handsome employer and beautiful employee.
If this keeps up, I'm gonna' start calling it flirting.
robotnik 12-30-2003 09:12 AM
Best line - Angel to Roger, as she drives away: "If you make it out of this, let's get together sometime!"

Random thoughts (minor points):
1) As Roger heads out towards Electric City, he appears to drive across what looks like the Brooklyn Bridge, with those distincitve towers and latticework of cables, and Paradigm's main domes to his right. That would place him as crossing from the Brooklyn side back into Manhattan. I can't recall if this same bridge then (incorrectly) connected to the "mainland," with those high-tension power lines over the ridge. Of course, this could be an entirely new bridge...

2) When Roger calls for Big O, Norman says something about "having arranged things last night," presumably meaning Big O was sent on ahead and waiting nearby. So the roads and rails between Paradigm and Electric City are kept in passable shape.

3) Angel = fanservice Big Grin
taaudoloran 12-30-2003 12:22 PM
If you remember the picture of Roger on Dastun's desk, that image shows a YOUNGER Roger. So there is an image of him as being younger at some point in time.

taaudoloran
Big Money 12-30-2003 01:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R Trusedale
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
Does anyone else wonder about the Gordon/Roger picture?

Exibit A: That is, in fact, Gordon and Roger, only Gordon is younger, a little older than Alex.

Exibit B: The domes are being constructed in the background, reinforcing the fact that this is not a recent picture.

Exibit C: The picture Roger is the same as present day Roger.

Exibit D: The two men are shaking hands, signifying (sp...) a deal.

Exibit E: The picture has been torn in half, I don't want to assume what this means.

Any thoughts on this? Assuming that the reset starts off at "40 years ago," this is either from the current reset, or the reset before, and Roger is obviously not as old as Gordan.And don't nobody say "Things are different in each reset." That's cheating.

Assuming there is a reset... Dun Dun Duuuuun! *lightning flashes*

Its definitely our Roger in the picture. The deal was that Roger agreed to Negotiate with the Director of the Show. But then he forgot about it. However in his fall into the depths he appears to recover signficant chunks of past lives. Presumably one of the things he recovered was the memory of the deal, since he goes on to Negotiate, possibly successfully.

Ok, Ok, wait a sec. Gordon is like, what, 80? And according to his looks/the timeline, Roger is 25. Roger also looks 25 in that picure, but Gordon does not look 80. So it is either not the same Roger, not the same Gordon, or a doctered photo.
Pythagoras 12-30-2003 03:52 PM
I believe it's not the same Roger, but the one from the last reset. Since Gordon had something to do with the reset (either did it himself or was there with Angel when she did it), he still has some very suppressed memories prior to 40 years ago. That half a photo that he carries around in his hat for some reason is from before the last reset.
X Prime 12-30-2003 06:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by taaudoloran
If you remember the picture of Roger on Dastun's desk, that image shows a YOUNGER Roger. So there is an image of him as being younger at some point in time.

taaudoloran

Roger called it a memory when Dastun was looking at it in Episode I. If the memories are false, then the picture is false.
DominusofMegaDeus 12-30-2003 10:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
quote:
Originally posted by taaudoloran

taaudoloran

Roger called it a memory when Dastun was looking at it in Episode I. If the memories are false, then the picture is false.

I think Roger said something about snooping around in other peoples stuff and then Dastun said something like if this this is even your own memories that is. but I could be wrong havent seen the episode in a few days since it reaired on CN few days ago
Zopwx2 12-30-2003 10:56 PM

The circled part of rogers photos are roger as a child and most likley his rich adoptive parents he mentions in ep 14.
X Prime 12-30-2003 11:25 PM
Well, that throws me in a loop then.
psygnosis 12-30-2003 11:28 PM
i for some rweason enjoyed this show less when i watched it again
i stoped watching the repeats so it would be better when i wached them commercial free. go complete seasons. i love my next generation
Sharpshooter005 12-30-2003 11:38 PM
"Michael Seebach, a German Guy"-Datsun, "Underground Terror".

Im confused..I thought the CONCEPT of other nations, much less names was foreign (no pun intended) to the residents of Paradigm. And if he means of German nationality or descent...again, if they knew of the prior existance of other nations, wouldnt there be some desire to look into it?

Or Im reading too much into stuff.
A Clockwork Tomato 12-30-2003 11:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DominusofMegaDeus
I think Roger said something about snooping around in other peoples stuff and then Dastun said something like if this this is even your own memories that is. but I could be wrong havent seen the episode in a few days since it reaired on CN few days ago

Sure. Act 1. Dastun came to visit after Dorothy arrived. The meeting was in a conference room (?) on the eighth floor, just off the bottom of the penthouse stairs (I note these things because I write fan fiction).

The photo with Dastun in it was obviously something that Dastun remembered, but the other ones could be real pictures of Roger's childhood, fake pictures, or someone else's pictures. Roger reveals in Act 26 that he doesn't have memories of himself, so he may not remember his childhood in any connected way. The photos may be something he was given and told were real, or may be fakes of one kind or another that he acquired to support his cover story.

Dastun is a good cop and he and Roger were close at one point, so he may know more about Roger than anybody else. Awfully tactless of him to mention that, though.
Zopwx2 12-30-2003 11:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
"Michael Seebach, a German Guy"-Datsun, "Underground Terror".

Im confused..I thought the CONCEPT of other nations, much less names was foreign (no pun intended) to the residents of Paradigm. And if he means of German nationality or descent...again, if they knew of the prior existance of other nations, wouldnt there be some desire to look into it?

Or Im reading too much into stuff.

I think they have differnent cultures, races, and languages. Like the japanese people in "the greatest villian" (although that episode has a lot of stuff that can be discarded as part of a lame comedy episode)

But a foriegner is considered anyone not from paradigm city.

So maybe when he said german he meant racewise, not nationality, I think....

but obviously there is someone outside paradigm, the small collective group known as the union which I initially believed were supposed to represent the European Union becuase of sybil rowan and the whole french thing, and vera's psuedo-german/french accent.
Zopwx2 12-30-2003 11:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by A Clockwork Tomato
quote:
Originally posted by DominusofMegaDeus

Sure. Act 1. Dastun came to visit after Dorothy arrived. The meeting was in a conference room (?) on the eighth floor, just off the bottom of the penthouse stairs (I note these things because I write fan fiction).

The photo with Dastun in it was obviously something that Dastun remembered, but the other ones could be real pictures of Roger's childhood, fake pictures, or someone else's pictures. Roger reveals in Act 26 that he doesn't have memories of himself, so he may not remember his childhood in any connected way. The photos may be something he was given and told were real, or may be fakes of one kind or another that he acquired to support his cover story.

Dastun is a good cop and he and Roger were close at one point, so he may know more about Roger than anybody else. Awfully tactless of him to mention that, though.

See look what act 26 has done! Now we must question the validity of every single moment, memory, or picture we see. Like his childhood photo could be fake,

We might as well say that everything that happend yesterday for roger was fabricated too!

WAIT IT IS< BECUASE ANGEL/SOMEONE CREATED A LAME HOLODECK WORLD BASED AROUND A POST APOLYPTIC NEW YORK BUT FORGOT TO WRITE A BACKSTORY/PAST, THERE BY LEAVING ALL THE CHARACTERS TO WONDER WHAT HAPPEND BEFORE THE STORY STARTED/

there is big o in a nutshell.
Mr. Peabody 12-30-2003 11:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by A Clockwork Tomato

I'd chalk Dastun's looking at the photographs in Roger's home as regular police behavior. When they enter a person's home, they look around until the owner receives them. Not that I've been in trouble with the law! Big Grin

If Dastun had any information on Roger's past, he'd tell him. As we see in a future episode, Dastun has his own memory problems.