Discuss the Current Episode
| BigPrime |
02-13-2004 02:39 PM |
Rewatching Electric City last night it came back to me how much Dorothy did to tick Roger off in that episode. Just about everything she did before Angel showed up seemed to be done specificially to push his buttons, and you could tell she knew it.

The exaggerated whirring, overly-mechanical vocal mannerisms, use of the headlamp. Damn. I suppose she was trying to test the limits of Roger's patience or something. Still, she does it out of love. So it's all good.

And Roger really did deserve it, treating her the way he was then. It's a good thing he decided to stop berating her and slowly admit to himself that he loved her.
| YZEtc |
02-13-2004 02:55 PM |
Ahh, yes.
Gotta' love it.
In my mind, all of the bickering, insults, and one-upsmanship between those two started the second after Roger failed to realize that Dorothy was actually an android for the second time in one afternoon - especially when she pointed that out to him.
I believe it took quite some time for him to overcome the feeling that he'd screwed-up/embarrassment, and it effected their relationship - especially in the early episodes.
| BigPrime |
02-19-2004 01:06 PM |
Something I've always wondered about "A Legacy of Amadeus": Just where exactly is/was Amadeus' lab located? I'm not good with New York's geography, so this is really bugging me. It seems to be in a wooded area not all that far from Paradigm (the domes still being clearly visible in the distance). Does anyone have any ideas?
| Pygmalion |
02-19-2004 01:25 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by BigPrime
Something I've always wondered about "A Legacy of Amadeus": Just where exactly is/was Amadeus' lab located? I'm not good with New York's geography, so this is really bugging me. It seems to be in a wooded area not all that far from Paradigm (the domes still being clearly visible in the distance). Does anyone have any ideas? |
I only drove through once, but it appeared to me that there's plenty of wooded hills as close as White Plains. Perhaps even parts of the Bronx. Those would certainly be close enough to see the big domes on Manhattan.
The trees really do look like those in "Amadeus", too. I've been on the west coast too long, I suppose -- a deciduous forest in winter looks awfully stark.
Pygmalion
| Dude Love |
02-19-2004 01:27 PM |
It could also be New Jersey. I didn't take a good enough look at the angle you see the domes from (ie. looking from the North, South, East, West, etc) but there is a couple of forests in Jersey to the North West of Manhattan.
| MetalGoldKnight |
02-19-2004 01:34 PM |
There are parts of the easternmost part of the Bronx that are almost all forest, some even having mansions similar to Amadeus', but you wouldn't be able to see Manhattan from that area. Manhattan is only visible from the southwest side of the Bronx, which is almost entirely urban. There are also corn fields in the Bronx that remind me a lot of Gordon's farm every time I pass them, although, again, the Aisleberry Dome isn't at the right angle from Manhattan to actually be in the Bronx.
| Bentar |
02-25-2004 01:58 AM |
I was watching the rerun of Act 10: Winter Night Phantom and noticed for the first time the number of unusual musical selections. First they had a very simplistic version of Weep For without any background instruments - I call it the 'musicbox' version. Then they had a sax solo version of Sleep My Dear(?). Then there was a unknown piano solo (i think during the movie flashback scene). And during the church choir scene, there was a pure vocal version of some song. NONE of these selections were on the soundtrack cd, if memories serve - which is a shame, I think they were all great.
| BigO-SHOWTIME |
02-27-2004 06:39 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Bentar
I was watching the rerun of Act 10: Winter Night Phantom and noticed for the first time the number of unusual musical selections. First they had a very simplistic version of Weep For without any background instruments - I call it the 'musicbox' version. Then they had a sax solo version of Sleep My Dear(?). Then there was a unknown piano solo (i think during the movie flashback scene). And during the church choir scene, there was a pure vocal version of some song. NONE of these selections were on the soundtrack cd, if memories serve - which is a shame, I think they were all great. |
churich choir scene is just the choir version of Name of God without the music backbone.
The "unknown" piano solo IS on the soundtrack and is called Apostle
The saxophone is brick ballades without the piano
| Big Duo Fan |
03-01-2004 12:26 AM |
I've wondered.. Dastun implies he suspects Roger due to the Cast In The Name Of God phrase, but there's no way for him to know it, is there?
Also, Dorothy sees one of Angel's cigarettes in the mansion and looks like she's about to cry.. well, for her anyway. Did something.. secret happen between acts?
| BigO-SHOWTIME |
03-01-2004 02:16 AM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Big Duo Fan
I've wondered.. Dastun implies he suspects Roger due to the Cast In The Name Of God phrase, but there's no way for him to know it, is there?
Also, Dorothy sees one of Angel's cigarettes in the mansion and looks like she's about to cry.. well, for her anyway. Did something.. secret happen between acts?
|
Which is why a linear plot of season 2 dissapoints me. It forgets about those subtle things that season 1 depicts. Season 2 is just a "story" created on the premise of certain things that happen on season 1.
| Bentar |
03-01-2004 09:53 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by BigO-SHOWTIME
churich choir scene is just the choir version of Name of God without the music backbone.
The "unknown" piano solo IS on the soundtrack and is called Apostle
The saxophone is brick ballades without the piano |
Thanks for the correction, BigO-SHOWTIME.
| BigO-SHOWTIME |
03-02-2004 12:05 AM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Bentar
| quote: |
Originally posted by BigO-SHOWTIME
churich choir scene is just the choir version of Name of God without the music backbone.
The "unknown" piano solo IS on the soundtrack and is called Apostle
The saxophone is brick ballades without the piano |
Thanks for the correction, BigO-SHOWTIME.
|
thats why Im here
| BigPrime |
03-02-2004 09:50 AM |
Something I never noticed about Act 14: when Roger wakes up in the subway station, the sign behind him says "Tomato Juice" Clever animators.
| BigO-SHOWTIME |
03-07-2004 01:54 AM |
I loved what Act 14 did with the viewers. Showed a pre-event NYC. And used pleanty of mind-teasers to play around with your brain. Probably one of the best of season 2 because it keeps the noir pace of season 1.
| robotnik |
03-09-2004 08:52 AM |
<where's the smiley for "beating a dead horse" when you need it?!>
After Beck & Co. get zapped by lightning, he remembers *something* ("*now* I see who it is!" or something like that)
Later, he says something about "I'll help myself to Big O's control unit" and reaches for Dorothy, who has once again been trapped by electromagnet.
So he didn't remember/realize that Roger was Big O's dominus (as I had originally assumed long, long ago when I first saw this episode). He realized that *Dorothy* was Big O's "missing piece" to unlocking the "final stage" attack!
| BigPrime |
03-09-2004 10:32 AM |
He was reaching for the pile of control watches. He knew Roger was Dominus of Big O (said it specifically), and knew that the watch was how he summoned it (also said it when he stole the watch off Roger's wrist). But the watch he'd taken from Roger had gone to the bottom of the sea with his Roger-bot and needed another. Dorothy had been kind enough to provide many of them as ransom.
He reached for Dorothy because he was going to steal her core memory again as well, but she'd come prepared with that little guard-thing and stuck him to the electro-magnet with her headband.
Now for my little observation in Eyewitness:
Jonathan, the oil-bar clerk didn't notice that Dorothy was an android until she picked up the oil-can. Once again proving just what a damn good job Wayneright did on her.
| Madrona |
03-09-2004 10:52 AM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by robotnik
<where's the smiley for "beating a dead horse" when you need it?!>
After Beck & Co. get zapped by lightning, he remembers *something* ("*now* I see who it is!" or something like that)
! |
It appers to me that whenever someone gets really zapped by a bunch of electricity some of the memories come back. Remember in 14 when Roger is in the cockpit of Big O and sparks are flying everywhere?
Please remember I have not seen all the episodes.
| Madrona |
03-12-2004 05:03 PM |
Okay, in "hydra" Roger goes and eats lunch at Rosewater's retreat but doesn't eat. Not that I'd eat with him either.
Why did he go there?
I don't get it.
Was he just curious?
If he's ready to gloat he didn't come with the right attitude.
He seemed totally unprepared.
That little Big Fau just freaked him out. Though I was beginning to think he was going to zap it with his watch.
| Mr. Peabody |
03-12-2004 05:46 PM |
Keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer. That's why Roger went to Alex's retreat.
Roger wanted to see what Alex was planning. Alex has a tremendous ego, and people like that are apt to give away their intentions if you listen and cajole them.
I just wish Roger decked that freak, Gabriel.
| BigPrime |
03-12-2004 09:22 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by madrona
Okay, in "hydra" Roger goes and eats lunch at Rosewater's retreat but doesn't eat. Not that I'd eat with him either.
Why did he go there?
I don't get it.
Was he just curious?
If he's ready to gloat he didn't come with the right attitude.
He seemed totally unprepared.
That little Big Fau just freaked him out. Though I was beginning to think he was going to zap it with his watch.
|
Well, when the man who is President and CEO of the largest corporation in the world, the man who is King of Paradigm City for all intents and purposes invites you to lunch, it's hard to say no. Besides, he might've thought there was a job offer in the waiting or something.