Discuss the Current Episode
| quote: |
Originally posted by Piano Black
Roger walked into himself when this was happening.

It reminded me of Big O and Big Venus walking into eachother. |
I wish I had remembered this pic when the question "Is Roger a tomato" came up. Yes, he's one of the tomatoes, he is just not one of Gordon Rosewater's "beloved" tomatoes.
| Stampede |
02-08-2004 02:23 AM |
Well, then... who ARE the "beloved" tomatoes?
| Piano Black |
02-08-2004 03:17 AM |
The ones that he grows on his farm. He makes plenty of money with those.
| Big Duo Fan |
02-08-2004 12:39 PM |
I have a question from a while back.
At the start of Act 12, Big Duo puts up a smoke screen, then there's some sort of blast and it disappears.
It couldn't have flown away, because the military police would have seen(unless it flew at an altitude below the fog cloud directly away from their point of view, unlikely), and I don't recall any damage to the ground beneath it for a system like the Prairie Dog...
So whahappen?
| YZEtc |
02-08-2004 12:50 PM |
I believe the implication is that Big Duo ignited engines and took off out of there in the usual manner:
Straight up.
The main reason I think that is because as Roger and Big O sat there trying to digest what had just happened, we can hear Big Duo's engines screaming away in the distance, and then one of those charred bandages comes fluttering down as if it had just been blown off of the red Megadeus as it accelerated away from the scene.
I'm not surprised that the MP acted like they didn't see Big Duo blast off out of there; they were on strict orders from the writers not to give-away the fact that Big Duo could fly...though it was pretty darn obvious that it probably could by looking at those big turboprop engines.
Quick question. What is it that Big O is holding up when he rises out of the ground to confront Big Fau at the end of "War of Paradigm City. It looks like it has the head of a megadues. Is it the "thing that hungers for memories" that Gordan was talking about? Is it Big Venus?
| YZEtc |
02-08-2004 03:19 PM |
That's known as:
*drum roll*
The Behemoth.
Yes, I think that it is the thing that was hungering for memories like Gordon said.
I'm not really sure of it's importance in the grand scheme of things.
The first time around, I almost missed it when I dropped a Dorito (Nacho Cheese) on the floor and bent down to pick it up.
| Expo 04 |
02-08-2004 04:10 PM |
Behemoth is Vera's megadeus, IIRC.
| ZeaLitY |
02-09-2004 11:56 PM |
No...
WE HAVE NOT COME TO TERMS
So much should be explained...
| YZEtc |
02-10-2004 12:44 AM |
I'll second that.
| Piano Black |
02-10-2004 06:41 AM |
er whatever happened to the falling objects from Act 23?

Stagelights? Or maybe it's like the union planes. They never existed? Does anyone know what these things might be?
| BigO-SHOWTIME |
02-10-2004 07:37 AM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Piano Black
er whatever happened to the falling objects from Act 23?

Stagelights? Or maybe it's like the union planes. They never existed? Does anyone know what these things might be? |
act 25... *CAUTION* beeep beeep beep beep roger: what is that where is that coming from? BOOOOOOMMM!!!!!!!!! *stoning starts* and the destruction of paradigm city begins.
| YZEtc |
02-10-2004 09:04 AM |
All good things must come to an end.
It's just that some ends are better done than others.
I'm actually losing track of how many times I've seen this aired on CN.
Is it three of four?
Eh.
Still doesn't compare to how many times I've reviewed it on VHS tape.
This episode has some good points, but I can't watch it without feeling like I've been

.
A bit more clarification would be awfully nice.
No.
Make that a lot more clarification.
But, since it has been a few months, I'm starting to better adapt myself to the way that is was decided the last couple of episodes would be presented.
I just hope that when/if a third season is done, the people in charge have gotten all of the Let's-Blow-Their-Minds-With-An-Ambiguous-Ending juice out of their system.
Other than that, I can't think of a single thing to gripe about.
| Tifaria |
02-10-2004 10:09 AM |
I actually got teary-eyed watching the ending last night, which I had not done with any previous viewings of it. I had accidentally recorded over my original recording of episode 26, and was disappointed with the cut ending, but I finally got it on tape again last night.
Roger's speech to Angel really moved me (I have got to get the season two soundtrack-- that music that plays as he's speaking is so moving to me)-- maybe I was just emotional because I was exhausted from a long day, but after Venus and Big O merged, I was watery eyed until the end. I'm glad that CN fixed their botched editing job, complete with normal speed credits. They treated the show with respect.
There's so much that just overwhelms me every time I watch this episode. I get frustrated wondering what happened to everyone and being unable to explain it myself. It's all well and good to have multiple theories and fanfics that try and do it for you, but until the producers and writers and such do it for me, I won't fully be satisfied.
| Paradigm Dog |
02-10-2004 04:36 PM |
Season 2 is certainly not a complete ending. I feel that a year or two down the line we'll get more, I mean, Cartoon Network's talked over the possibilities of it. I think they'll eventually go through with it...how long remains the question. Great series.
| quote: |
Originally posted by ZeaLitY
No...
WE HAVE NOT COME TO TERMS
So much should be explained... |
I disagree. What should be explained or
could be explained better than it already has been (aside from, perhaps, Big Venus)? Maybe it might help a bit if you were able to watch through the series and this episode a few more times? This was my fourth or fifth time, and it certainly makes more sense than ever.
Things were adequately explained, in my opinion, but in an ambiguous sort of manner. I enjoyed that, as shows do not always have to outright explain every aspect.
I do understand your point of view, though.
| BigPrime |
02-10-2004 04:57 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Paradigm Dog
Season 2 is certainly not a complete ending. I feel that a year or two down the line we'll get more, I mean, Cartoon Network's talked over the possibilities of it. I think they'll eventually go through with it...how long remains the question. Great series. |
All I hope is that we don't have to wait another 3-4 years to get Big O III.
| Paradigm Dog |
02-10-2004 05:34 PM |
ok, call me crazy or whatever, but I seriously believe its not meant to be over. I like ending on a mysterious note as much as anyone to some level, but there's too much unresolved and it seems to be on purpose. We have no idea the purpose for the Event, what exactly the Event was (it wasn't simply the erasure, something spurred that on), the length of connection between a Dominus and their pilot: ie-why Benny in Bring Back My Ghost?, Roger sitll does not know who he is, and also, the biggest thing, Roger has not fully succeeded. He has not regained the memories yet, which was his mission. Things have changed, moved a little further with Angel and Dorothy standing next to each other at the end of 26, but it shows the fundamentals haven't changed, the MEMORIES ARE STILL GONE! AMENESIA rules. It means the hero lost. One but a small fight in a war. I believe this is just the intermission, and that the final conflict lies ahead yet. Afterall, CN was given the option for an additional 26 episodes after season 2...hmm. I understand your stance, just wanted to explain mine. And some are concerned that the writers don't have 26 or 13 more in them. I think after seeing Season 2, one can say they built a lot from Season 1, but still didn't cover all the important questions, rather, raised more. I saw BIG O when it furst aired on toonami like 3 years ago, and waited patiently for the seemingly impossible: season 2. I know they can do a 3 if given the proper resources.
then the curtain can finally close properly on this epic. SHOWTIME!
| Zopwx2 |
02-10-2004 07:23 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by BigO-SHOWTIME
| quote: |
Originally posted by Piano Black
er whatever happened to the falling objects from Act 23?

Stagelights? Or maybe it's like the union planes. They never existed? Does anyone know what these things might be? |
act 25... *CAUTION* beeep beeep beep beep roger: what is that where is that coming from? BOOOOOOMMM!!!!!!!!! *stoning starts* and the destruction of paradigm city begins. |
I think these were the falling staglights.... not sure exactly what caused them to fall though. We've discussed how there probably never was a union airforce
| quote: |
Originally posted by Paradigm Dog
ok, call me crazy or whatever, but I seriously believe its not meant to be over. I like ending on a mysterious note as much as anyone to some level, but there's too much unresolved and it seems to be on purpose. We have no idea the purpose for the Event, what exactly the Event was (it wasn't simply the erasure, something spurred that on), the length of connection between a Dominus and their pilot: ie-why Benny in Bring Back My Ghost?, Roger sitll does not know who he is, and also, the biggest thing, Roger has not fully succeeded. He has not regained the memories yet, which was his mission. Things have changed, moved a little further with Angel and Dorothy standing next to each other at the end of 26, but it shows the fundamentals haven't changed, the MEMORIES ARE STILL GONE! AMENESIA rules. It means the hero lost. One but a small fight in a war. I believe this is just the intermission, and that the final conflict lies ahead yet. Afterall, CN was given the option for an additional 26 episodes after season 2...hmm. I understand your stance, just wanted to explain mine. And some are concerned that the writers don't have 26 or 13 more in them. I think after seeing Season 2, one can say they built a lot from Season 1, but still didn't cover all the important questions, rather, raised more. I saw BIG O when it furst aired on toonami like 3 years ago, and waited patiently for the seemingly impossible: season 2. I know they can do a 3 if given the proper resources.
then the curtain can finally close properly on this epic. SHOWTIME! |
YES! s3!
| A Clockwork Tomato |
02-10-2004 09:40 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Paradigm Dog
Season 2 is certainly not a complete ending. I feel that a year or two down the line we'll get more, I mean, Cartoon Network's talked over the possibilities of it. I think they'll eventually go through with it...how long remains the question. Great series. |
Of course we need a Season 3! And it's obvious that the writers were busily setting things up for a Season 3. Some examples:
* Dastun has fallen in love with Angel. Watch Acts 21-22 and you'll see that this is true.
* The probe cables in Dorothy's head! We have seen Dorothy's link with Megadeuses ever since Act 1. Now it seems that her type of android is intimately connected with Megadeuses in innumerable ways. At the same time, it seems that she has a genuine human personality (we saw this with Instro, too).
* What's with Angel replacing her own memories? Or Roger presuming that he's done the same to himself? Sure, it makes sense to THEM, but we don't have a clue!
* The Megadeuses have been progressively revealed to be individuals rather than machines. What's up with that?
* While people are born and die in Paradigm, some seem to reappear from time to time, sometimes with more than one existing at the same time -- Dan Dastun and Little Dan, for instance. Is this true of everyone, or just selected individuals? What's the difference between the two groups?
* How much did Gordon really remember? Quite a bit, obviously, but was he still operating on partial memories, or with the whole nine yards?
* And what about Beck?
In my fan-fiction season 3, there was really no way to avoid these issues, so I dealt with them all, one way or another. But I can't say whether any of my answers were what the show's creators would have done. But they were all important questions!