A fanciful dream...a Big O game....

GabrielNYC 12-23-2003 01:50 PM
Last night I was playing Armored Core: Silent Line with my son and a thought flashed across my mind. How cool would it be if there was a Big O game for ps2?

modes
* story mode - based on the episodes even some new missions. (once that mode is completed, the player can use his/her custom mech. to ensure a varied style of gameplay, the game would have to be very nonlinear with many options of how to complete a level)

* free for all - simply put a battle royal of all megadeus.

* online - play against or vs other players

Control schemes would be easy...
L1/R1 would be weapon selection
L2/R2 would allow the player to strafe
X for attacking
triangle for special attack (at least a minute for it to recharge)
square for jumping
circle would be for..something, I dont know
select changes the view point
start for a map, # of enemies left and mission objectives.

graphics...Im a little iffy here. Would they be standard ps2 style or cell shaded?

music - obviously the themes found in the show, also some jazzy stuff heard in CowBoy BeBop and maybe some j-rock.

japanese or english spoken dialogue.

cut scenes...uhm? cgi? actual animation? cell shaded?

what company would do it justice? Im thinking Konami.

Gabriel
Zopwx2 12-23-2003 01:53 PM
evanASF27 12-23-2003 01:53 PM
PS2!?!?

...MEH!...I only have N64 ;_; ....I haven't otten enough money for any PS system yet Frown ...

Can we compromise?! Embarrassed Sweatdrop

I like the idea...it can be like a SSB type setup...only more 3D and more Big Oish Wink Big Grin
Team Battles...Big Fau buttkicking action...Evil

WHERE ARE THE DAMN VIDEO GAME PROGRAMS!?!?!? WE GOT OURSELVES A HOTSELLER!! GET YER ARSES OVER HERE AND MAKE IT ALREADY!! Mad Cool

((IN ENGLISH PLEASE!! @___@;;;;; ))
The Big Mo 12-23-2003 02:00 PM
They could also probably pull off an ok fighting game along the lines of Gundam Battle Assault.
Big Fau 12-23-2003 02:13 PM
MUAHAHHAHA Fear the power of the PS2 @.@ Evil

we need a game on Big O....

only is it has Fau in it =P

Armored Core games are about as close as we can get to 3D mech game that we can try to make Bigs in Big Grin

Then again...does anyone know about the Super Robot Wars thingy?
Cool_Vash 12-23-2003 02:15 PM
I always thought of one being done sorta like in RAD (Robot Alchemic Drive). The L1 and R1 buttons walk, the sticks do the punching, stuff like that.
Blackcat 12-23-2003 05:08 PM
HOW COME ROGER< SPIKE AND JET WERE IN THE SAME PICTURE?!?! DONT ROGER AND SPIKE REALIZE THEY HAVE THE SAME VOICE??? *Ack!!!*

*Whew* Now that I'm done hyperventalating... Seriously, what was the pic from? I'll learn japanesse to play a game that has those three in it!

-B.c.
Cool_Vash 12-23-2003 07:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Blackcat
HOW COME ROGER< SPIKE AND JET WERE IN THE SAME PICTURE?!?! DONT ROGER AND SPIKE REALIZE THEY HAVE THE SAME VOICE??? *Ack!!!*

*Whew* Now that I'm done hyperventalating... Seriously, what was the pic from? I'll learn japanesse to play a game that has those three in it!

-B.c.

That would be Sunrise World War, for PS2 in Japan. It came out months ago there, but I'm afraid it has little to no chance of domestic release
R and D 12-23-2003 08:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Fau
MUAHAHHAHA Fear the power of the PS2 @.@ Evil

HA! LIKE I'LL FEAR U! I HAVE A GAMECUBE! MWA HA HA HA HA HA!
*looks at everyone who is staring at her* what?! with some demand and a whole bunch of e-mails to nintendo, they r bond to make super robot wars d for the gamecube! look what they did with DBZ budokai on the ps2! they past it on to us!

i hope they do realese super robot wars d in the US so it can hopefully turn into a gamecube game after successfully being a hit on the ps2. i mean out of the 400,000+ people who watch big o own a gamecube?! Crying alas we may never know. Frown
L_Master562 12-23-2003 08:48 PM
Fear the power of this gen of next gen systems!!!! I only have them all, as well as all the classics.
Big_Chow 12-23-2003 09:44 PM
We need Dance Dance Revolution: Paradigm City Edition!