Ghostbusters! (Updated 5/14/06, 2:23 PM EST)

The Fallen Phoenix 12-09-2003 04:52 PM
Well, as many of my fellow Paradigmers know, there are some members who wander the forums in ghost mode. This is fine...for a short while (and sometimes when I'm doing mod duties) I, too, travel as one of Paradigm's ghosts.

However, one thing has always sparked my interest..exactly how many ghosts are there are Paradigm, and who are they? If nothing else, it's something fun to do...try and figure out who is that one ghost browsing the forums, along with the other twenty-three members.

So, I have started the Ghostbusters! thread. Big Grin Its goal is to form a list of the ghosts. This doesn't mean we'll trail their progress or anything of the sort Evil , but it might be useful information to know...especially when you want to send someone a PM and aren't sure if they are on or not because you don't know whether or not they are a ghost.

So far, I have compiled a short list (with dawnstrider's help) of some of the ghosts of Paradigm. I have compiled a very exhausted list (Hell, no I didn't; Trisa did!) of ALL of the current ghosts of Paradigm!

Recently Verified Ghosts:

There are 229 ghosts out of 2,133 members.

Tony Waynewrong
Lady Tesser
The Fallen Phoenix
Zola
Seraphim
BethMcBeth
Kittie heavenly6
Silv3rKnigh1
D-Boy
Krang
Volt
Prons
Benjamin
StevieV019
Green_Bird
pen1300
Blue Crow
Madrona
Fujiko
Avenir
dawnstrider
Jeff
Piano Black
IamRogerSmith
Raven
Eskimo
Schoolie
Mr. Saturn
Name Of God
kaura117
COHugh
madclarinet
Spooky
M.S. Feather
NightRanger
John Doe
Megadeus
Collateral
Son_of_Horus
Naraku
Big Ben
Tetsu Deinonychus Mach-2
DorothyFan1
OMGWTF
Mattartist
Chitter-Box-Kat
ChaosX
number9
Paul_Cousins
robotnik
ImSoAwesome
spiked-knives
Negotiator99
Xeon Negotiator
Big Bender
L_Master562
Uber Schwarzwald
Bakified
Dagger 9
RebeccaSHF
Sunstorm
enartloc
dyingearth
CaptainFuture_98337
gunship
Ghost
The_Zip
Avenger
Dark-Knight
roger
Big Fat Megadeus
penance
Jixie
braxton
rowen_the_star_strata
TheSantaMan
Alexzyuy
ForbiddenMemories
heyyu
Castor_Aries
newnightcreature0
JCX
Dr. Omega
Pervy
DragonMir
Rozinante1707
Big D'oh
R. Dorothy
HellCat
FireAngelaw
Macomber
Azrael
robyeah1
Tomato
Dorothyihzhawt
Terrorking AF
Lucky7
StageActor40
Razor
mikaeng
conformity1
PearlRose86
reiella
Bonafide
Nayoko
xdvprox
Angel
shark3794
Erik
mira
pogo_sport
MedjaiWarrior
Omeganitros
Schwaltz Walt
Celaeno
Mukade
CB007r
courtneyxdx
RlphK5
Speakeasy
strat
skiltao
spooniebeard
Maenos
Impact Blue
mes323
dodo_king
RAC
Parabolic Zot
iwonn
Equus
Anecile
greg
FamousBlueRaincoat
SWH2O
Alator
aceliwen
Heavyn
byron121
Al3X_A3CH
alfred17
CreationEdge
odoyle
Optimus Prime
BlueFunk83
BigOFan1988
Gthree
Phalanx
drcloud
Kaioshin_Sama
pavonis mons
Yumi1
Millerworld
Myriad
Vesper
gurubi
Nosferatu
gd-kun
zarathustra
ohho
CravenRaven4
marron 42 gang
bluezeong14
lxxragnarokxxl
AquaRabbit
Tybalt
Kerck
DarkHedgiePrincess
Garthnomancer
Vulco1
noseason3
starwolf144
Cacophanus
MandiHammond
carch
kgv99335
synnr666
detachd
Lacan_Rosewater
Grudge
aeroni
sendanotetochris
raburn
metalstorm_777
Nightrow
saed2432
Grian Ruadh
Tarot
scarm
Slay
caress10
torg
sirdan
SquidMonkey
pmbSakura37
JeMojo
Boz
PCPark
top_dog_of_the_pack
CrosscuTkO
Rexman64
Hatty
beholder242
IsurusHastalis
Jeroyal
blaize2589
ed_lover_for_eva
FullMetal_freak233
Octobotic
Rata Blanca
panther3751
Shabbadoo
Lucent
bigfau&venuslvr
artistique
Vesh
Nizarck
Leech
MrNegotiator
haljordan
USMC
brandon
ron inn
Kogalover14103
thedoctor
Skyman9999
iamaj
TheBigD
areoch

Special thanks to Trisa for compiling this exhaustive list! All ghosts are now accounted for. The list will be updated every five months... Big Grin
Lady Tesser 12-09-2003 05:33 PM
Affirmed. I like my privacy, though.
Big Fau 12-09-2003 06:50 PM
There are 15 ghost browsing the forums O_o;;;;

see what you started FP!? Tongue

EDIT: 18 o_o;;;;
dawnstrider 12-09-2003 07:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Tesser

Heh, agreed Smile . I was a ghost since I first came on the forums (I like remaining behind the scene and out of sight for the most part), but for a little while, at least, I'm capable of being seen. This kind of started as a gag exchange between FP and I and....well, here it is now Big Grin .

This is what Mods do when it's late at night and we're bored and sleep-deprived Embarrassed Sweatdrop
Jonny Axehandle 12-09-2003 08:57 PM
Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Mr. ? 12-09-2003 09:04 PM
A couple of questions:
A.Whats a ghost?
B. Whats the advantage or reason for being a ghost?
C. How do you become a ghost?
Big Fau 12-09-2003 09:18 PM
A "ghost" is what a person is called when they travel through the forums "invisible" to the other members.

Some people like to veiw the forums without other people knowing they're on. Its a privacy thing....

You can go into "ghost" mode by going into your User CP, Edit Options, and at the top there is a thingy that asks you if you want to use ghost mode....

hope that cleared somethings up....
Lady Tesser 12-09-2003 10:17 PM
I sense jmjoseph is upset with being 'found out'.

Ces't le vie ...
Kittie heavenly6 12-10-2003 01:16 AM
I occasionally Ghost as well.
But, it's pretty rare that i Do.
Almasy 12-10-2003 10:33 AM
I've tried out the ghost feature before, but then, when I saw my name didn't show up, I felt kind of nonexistant and unwanted Frown ...so I quickly went back to being a non-ghost! ^__^
Jeff 12-10-2003 05:08 PM
The ghost feature doesn't sound like something that I would like...after all, its not like I have anything to hide! Well....not THAT much, anyway. Embarrassed Sweatdrop
harshfire 12-10-2003 10:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GK Version 1
I occasionally Ghost as well.
But, it's pretty rare that i Do.

this is my first...i'm still checkin' it. Big Grin
Dude Love 12-10-2003 10:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dawnstrider
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Tesser

Heh, agreed Smile . I was a ghost since I first came on the forums (I like remaining behind the scene and out of sight for the most part), but for a little while, at least, I'm capable of being seen. This kind of started as a gag exchange between FP and I and....well, here it is now Big Grin .

This is what Mods do when it's late at night and we're bored and sleep-deprived Embarrassed Sweatdrop

Hehe, I'd be a mod if only for that reason. But, alas, I can't. Oh well, I always have my private conversations with Phoenix.

Does Shredder Ghost? I've never seen him around (but he isn't around much).
The Fallen Phoenix 12-10-2003 11:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
Hehe, I'd be a mod if only for that reason. But, alas, I can't. Oh well, I always have my private conversations with Phoenix.

Does Shredder Ghost? I've never seen him around (but he isn't around much).

Last I checked...no, Shredder does not ghost. His name comes up bold italics, for those who haven't seen him around.

I could be wrong though.
Nyarlathotep 12-11-2003 12:50 AM
I'm too self-absorbed to go around in ghost mode. I like to look at the users list and see my pretty pretty name on there. Ohhhh yeah.
Almasy 12-11-2003 08:20 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Bonaparte
I'm too self-absorbed to go around in ghost mode. I like to look at the users list and see my pretty pretty name on there. Ohhhh yeah.

Ditto! ^__^
Redd 12-11-2003 08:28 PM
Ha! I knew Pinkk was a ghost! She kept telling me she couldn't see her name at the bottom, and we all wondered why. I wonder how she "ghosted" herself?
dawnstrider 12-11-2003 08:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Redd
Ha! I knew Pinkk was a ghost! She kept telling me she couldn't see her name at the bottom, and we all wondered why. I wonder how she "ghosted" herself?

It wouldn't surprise me; it's a pretty easy thing to overlook in your when you're registering. I myself accidently put ghost on when I came, and have been in it for the most part ever since Big Grin .

If she wants to change, she can go to her User CP, go to options, and...eh, she'll know the rest from there Big Grin . Or better yet, just look at Big Fau's post.

Edit: Oh, and on a side, I'm back in ghost Smile .
John Doe 12-11-2003 10:05 PM
Heh, I use to go through the forums incognito all the time but have chosen to stop keeping my presence hidden ever since I got involved with the MFL, largely because I view it as a common courtesy to my opponent. That and the fact that I like to view my own profile every ten minutes or so (neurosis at it's worst! Embarrassed Sweatdrop ).
Dude Love 12-11-2003 10:33 PM
Well, I for one want to find out a few more ghosts. Although, I haven't noticed any other than the ones listed. Maybe this will help scare them into view:

http://www.midifarm.com/files/midifiles/...e.aspx?id=11910

or

http://www.midifarm.com/files/midifiles/...le.aspx?id=1669

Either one works, so choose.

Anyway, I personally don't ghost because I want to imagine that people look to see me surfing around paradigm.