[Fan Art] Shii painter fun...*Gasp* New art?

Big Money 12-06-2003 08:25 PM
I hate shii painter, and shii painter hates me, but nonetheless I continue to use it.

I have a couple of Big O related pictures of said medium, and was wondering if anyone else has something of the same ilk...
s-girl 12-06-2003 10:32 PM
Not familiar with the program, but I like the set up of this shot. The angle is dramatic and a bit creepy.

A lot is being conveyed in such a tiny pic! I'd like to see more...
Tifaria 12-06-2003 10:52 PM
I've never heard of the program, but I dig the image. Cool I'd say you captured his character quite accurately. Smile )
Wingnut 12-07-2003 12:07 PM
It sounds like the program is a major PITA to work with, yet you have managed to put out a decient rendition of Schwarzwald in the wastelands of Paradigm.
Big Money 12-07-2003 09:00 PM
Yeah...

Shii painter is a commonly used oekaki program that differentiates from the normal Paint BBS in that watercolors (partially transparent tones)can be used. That and fun things like layers and color palates...

Trust me though, some people are stupid good with it. Some of there things look better than proffessionally rendered artwork...

Well, I got a picture of Beck...
Tony Waynewrong 12-07-2003 09:04 PM
These drawing are pretty cool. Beck's expression is pretty convincing.
Redd 12-07-2003 09:17 PM
Wow... those are cool. I have never heard of the program either, but those are pretty neat - I especially love the Schwarzwald one... gotta love Schwarzy! Big Grin
F-14Tomcat 12-08-2003 01:17 AM
I've never heard of the "Shii Painter" before........

But anyway, the drawings may be small, but they're done really well. Schwarz has a great pose, and Beck has a great expression

Not bad for a program that hates ya Wink
Big Money 12-08-2003 03:15 PM
Here's something a freind of mine did... (he's better than I am, but such is the way of things...)

He swears its not Roger, but I don't believe him Big Grin .
pen1300 12-08-2003 06:11 PM
Oh! Beck looks good.

Yeah...never heard of Shii either. Oh well, at least you seemed to have it under control.

Oh! Wish! Drooling Love that! Man...you're right, Shuchiro (is that spelled right? (I think that's the name)) looks a LOT like Roger in that pic. Too much white in the hair I think.

Nice work, you and your friend!

Later,
Pen1300
Big Money 12-29-2003 01:34 PM
Yar, I drewd a piture of the Alan in the Gabriel. Yar.
Big Money 01-06-2004 01:20 PM
OMG THIS WAS SO HARD TO DRAW! Only took 67 minutes though... The background is sorta skimpy, but Fau looks awesome! Big Grin

Any requests?
Wingnut 01-06-2004 01:24 PM
Yes, Fau does look quite nice. Although the top section of his head is a little tall, and the secondary domes are usually pink. (Although by that point in the show they all were dark, even the main one.)
Tony Waynewrong 01-06-2004 01:55 PM
Geez, this is really good, Big Money.

Big Fau looks pretty good, you detailed it well.

Keep it up. Smile
F-14Tomcat 01-06-2004 08:43 PM
Fau came out pretty good! The detailing is really nice.........

Have you considered drawing Big O?
Mega Dominus 01-07-2004 12:52 AM
Sorry...I don't recognize the program you used to make your work of art. Frown

But that does not mean I can't like it a lot! Keep it up! Smile
Zola 01-07-2004 01:51 AM
The pics look great, keep it up Smile
The Baker St. Irregular 01-07-2004 12:00 PM
Oh! Now I know! These are oekaki pictures! I was confused by the words "Shii Painter". I wish I had the time to draw a picture, but it takes me hours, and I haven't done so in a very, very long time.
Tifaria 01-07-2004 04:22 PM
Ahh, okay! I didn't realize that "Shii Painter" was what the oekaki program is called. I haven't done oekaki in.. gosh, a year or so, I guess. And you're right, some people are ridiculously good at it! Have you ever been to Oekaki Central? Some of those people are amazing.

Anyway, these look good! Are you just using a mouse for these? Because that's doubly awesome if you are. Smile )
Big Money 01-08-2004 06:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by F-14Tomcat
Fau came out pretty good! The detailing is really nice.........

Have you considered drawing Big O?

You don't want to see it.

quote:
Originally posted by mistress-samwise
Oh! Now I know! These are oekaki pictures! I was confused by the words "Shii Painter". I wish I had the time to draw a picture, but it takes me hours, and I haven't done so in a very, very long time.

I'm good at confusing things... yeah, it says shii painter on the one I use...

quote:
Originally posted by Tifaria
Ahh, okay! I didn't realize that "Shii Painter" was what the oekaki program is called. I haven't done oekaki in.. gosh, a year or so, I guess. And you're right, some people are ridiculously good at it! Have you ever been to Oekaki Central? Some of those people are amazing.

Anyway, these look good! Are you just using a mouse for these? Because that's doubly awesome if you are.

I have been to that strange and wonderful place before, but I have no membership... Yes, I use a mouse... I wish I had a tablet, then I would be super awesome... but for now I am alright with "pretty good."

Ps... I think Bonaparte is next, and then maybe Alex, Norman, or Dorothy...