[Fan Fiction] Big O Crossovers with Anything

Lady Tesser 12-05-2003 10:45 AM
Several people have started threads doing Big O crossovers with particular anime, but nothing quite covering ALL anime. Some of us only have little scenes we think would be funny - true one-shots that will only be done once with a particular anime/manga.

This thread is for those who like the crossovers but not the commitment! Big Grin

Roger (getting into Griffon): All right, if you want to visit Gordon Rosewater -
Dorothy: I do wish to visit him, Roger Smith. Take me.

(They drive to Ailesberry Farm. Gordon is sitting in his rocking chair on the porch.)

Gordon: I see you're back, Mr. Negotiator.
Roger: I have some questions -

BLAM!!!

(Roger blinks. Dorothy is holding a Czech357. Gordon's head has a rather large hole in it.)

Roger: Dorothy! You shot Gordon Rosewater!!!
Dorothy: Mr. Smith, I had a bounty on this clown for ages - he's wanted in Illinois for the fiasco involving the Hunts and Ragu Spaghetti Sauce War a few decades back, seems he's been doing a Soylent Green with his tomato farm.
Roger: Huh, who, what - ?
Dorothy: Oh, sorry. Name's Rally Vincent. *pulls mask off to reveal she is indeed Rally Vincent from Gunsmith Cats* I'm a bounty hunter from Chicago. *into radio* It's okay, May, I finally got the Jolly Red Giant.

(Angel appears, peeling off her clothes and mask to reveal the petitely-child-like Minnie May Hopkins. Roger begins babbling and making faces of horror.)

Angel: Oh, thank goodness, Rally. I hated running on those stilts. *notices Roger's reaction* What's with him?
Rally: He probably had some naughty fantasies about you as Angel.
May (tapping his nose): Sorry, but you actually have to pay me to do any of that stuff. I'm still a professional you know.
Rally: I thought you retired?
May: Force of habit. Where's Bill?
Rally: Agent Double-Oh-Seven-Eleven should be coming by soon.

(Beck appears in the distance, waving.)

Beck: Hey, pussycat, heard the shot - finally got the old fart?
Rally: Yes, Bill, got him. Incidentially, you look better with a goatee and short hair.

(Beck approaches and pulls a wig off, revealing ATF Agent Bill Collins.)

Bill: Aw, pussycat, was that actually a compliment?
Rally (rolling eyes): I need help hauling the body in to get my reward on him. Where's Becky?

(Vera stomps around the farmhouse.)

Vera (no accent, taking curly ash wig off and pulling glasses on): That is the last time I help you in one of your hunts, Rally! I hated using an accent!
May: And you couldn't decide which accent to use, either, Becky.
Bill (noticing Roger tearing his hair out): Hey, Roger, don't sweat it.
Roger: WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!
Rally: You ARE thick, buddy. Me - bounty hunter. Her - my partner. Her - my informant. Him - pain-in-the-ass.
Bill: You hurt my feelings, Rally.
Rally: And I'll hurt your smirk if you don't shut up and help me with the body.
Roger: So you guys really aren't Dorothy and Angel and Beck and psycho-bitch?
May: Nope. Sorry I had to abandon you a couple of times, mister.
Roger (sighing, then pulling his hair to pull a mask off, showing kinky green hair): That's okay - my real name is Spike Seigel and I'm a bounty hunter, too. My partner Jet is posing as Dan Dastun.
May: More bounty hunters?
Rally: I got Rosewater first.
Spike: You can keep him - I got a bounty on that little red-haired kid Tami McGowen AKA the Red Rubber Ball of Death. Nasty kid.
Rally: So I hear. Good luck then.

(Rally and Spike shake hands.)

Spike: Thanks. It's been fun working with you, 'Dorothy'.
Rally: Fun here, too, 'Roger'. Kinda funny how all the bounties ended up here in this Hollywood backlot set.
Spike: I ask no questions, I just get the job done. Ciao. *saunters off*
Rally: See ya.

(Rally's group leaves with Rosewater's body.)

Bill: Well, that was pointless.
Rally: Shut up.
Bill: That's maid's dress looks pretty damn sexy on you. Wink
Rally: Sweatdrop Freak.
Wingnut 12-05-2003 01:49 PM
Well I don't know a darn thing about Gunsmith Cats yet I still found it funny, espically Roger's reaction to 'Angel's' true identity and the Spaghetti Sauce wars between Hunts and Ragu.

So have we come to terms on this act? Or should we label it no side?
Mr. Peabody 12-05-2003 02:12 PM
Good effort, Lady Tesser. But if a bounty hunter kills a bail jumper they don't collect a dime. Frown
Lady Tesser 12-05-2003 02:40 PM
I'll remember to label it 'silly' next time.

Somebody else put something up ...
Prince-Consort Tesser 12-05-2003 04:45 PM
Crossovers with ANYTHING???

quote:
My name is Laura Ingalls. Recently my family moved out of the Little House in the Woods into a Little House on the Prairie Dog.

Now we live in a huge tunnel with lots of noise. Our neighbor is a giant black Megadeus named Big O, but Daddy says proper young ladies shouldn't say words like that. I have no idea what he's talking about.

Sometimes the Prarie Dog goes someplace with Big O, and our Little House on the Prarie Dog goes with it. When it comes to a stop, Big O goes up this huge tube and busts out of the ground. That's when my family goes shopping.

As the neighborhood is evacuated and everyone's busy looking at the big Megadeus, my family grabs whatever they can and scampers back to the Prarie Dog and our Little House. We get lots of nice stuff this way, especially when Big O goes to the Domes.

Heh-heh-heh ... Evil
Tony Waynewrong 12-05-2003 04:46 PM
Lady Tesser, you should not give us that type of liberty. I am liable to create a Big O meets Daria scene. Smile
Pygmalion 12-05-2003 04:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Prince-Consort Tesser
Crossovers with ANYTHING???

[QUOTE]My name is Laura Ingalls....

Oh, oh, oh (picks self off floor, nursing stitch in side). How can I possibly top that?

Pygmalion
Tifaria 12-05-2003 05:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Prince-Consort Tesser
Now we live in a huge tunnel with lots of noise. Our neighbor is a giant black Megadeus named Big O, but Daddy says proper young ladies shouldn't say words like that. I have no idea what he's talking about.

Oh, that's priceless. Surreal and disturbing, but wonderfully funny. Smile )
Green_Bird 12-05-2003 05:32 PM
You asked for it Anime Smile !
=================================
*Ed, from Cowboy Bebop, is in Paradigm with Ein waching Big O fight*

Ed: Oooo! Look Ein! Big robot! hehe...

Ein: Bark!

Roger: What is that kid doing? Is He an Idiot?

*Ed Takes out that controler that was in "Jamming with Edward" and hacks Big O*

Roger: Huh? Big O, what is going on? Nothing moves!

*Ed Plays with Big O*

Roger: Big O, You can stop doing the Macaraina now! What are you doing? NO! Not the Monkey!

Rosewater: It seems your megadues has been hacked,
Mr. Negotiator. And this time it is not my doing!
But I must say that this is brillant!

Roger: If it isn't you then....

*Roger looks down and sees ed with a controler*

Roger: That kid's must be doing this!

*Ed puts the contoler down, and stands there as Roger jumps out of the cockpit.*

Ed: Hello

Ein: Bark!

Roger: Are you an idot, Kid? and how did you Control Big O?

Ed: You sound like Spike...hehe...

Roger: Spike? Who's Spike?

Ed: the guy that is behind you....

Roger: Huh!

Spike: Yo! Have you seen a Guy named Alex Rosewater here? There is a bounty on him...

*Roger Points to Big Fau*

Spike: He's a robot?!?!?!?!?!?

Roger: No He is in the Robot!

Spike: Hey I am not from around here, okay! I don't visit Earth that offten!

Roger: What do you mean by Earth? This is Paradigm City, The city of Amnnesa!

Spike: Well that exsplanes everything....

*They start to fight, Faye lands the Red tail in the street*

Faye: Hey Ed...seen spike?

*Ed Points over to Roger and Spike*

Faye: Not again!
Pygmalion 12-05-2003 06:20 PM
Hello, I'm Steve Thomas, and welcome to This Old House. Our project this time is a remodel in the Illegal Residence Sector in Paradigm City. Here's our homeowner now, Roger Smith. (shakes hands) Tell us a little about why you bought this property, Roger.

Smith: I was looking for a place outside the domes, and happened to notice this one. I've been living here for years, but things happened and we need a remodel.

(Camera pans up to the top of the building, past the big hole in the side)

Thomas: Quite a piece of real estate! And you said that you were looking to remodel after a Megadeus blasted through the side of your building.

Smith: That's right. Now that everyone knows where Big O lives, there's no reason not to put a ground-level door in.

Thomas: I'm sure Norm will come up with some ideas to get it to blend in with the surroundings. What about heating, electrical, and air conditioning?

Smith: You'll have to talk with Norman about that. He's got all that mapped out, and new routing sketched.

Thomas: Richard Trethewey will be happy to hear that! I understand you are looking to build a special piano room for your android companion, R. Dorothy Wayneright.

Smith (lowers voice): Well, that's going to be a surprise for her. You know, sort of a "welcome back from death" gift. It's going to be acoustically separate from my bedroom so I can get a good day's rest.

Thomas: I see. Well, it looks like we have our work cut out for the next seven weeks.
dr_malaki 12-05-2003 06:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by tvperez
Lady Tesser, you should not give us that type of liberty. I am liable to create a Big O meets Daria scene. Smile

What? D'you mean that someone has not already written a Daria-Big O crossover? I'm surprised!

I'm not sure what our two heroines would make of each other. While they might share some superficial traits, Dorothy is an android after all, and Daria is a flesh-and-blood girl (within the contexts of their stories I mean: of course I understand they are both cartoons).

Daria might be at least slightly unnerved or even badly creeped out by what she might think of as *something*, rather than someone, that *seemed* alive and even human, but was *not* alive, in any ordinary biologicalily understood sense. I've never been a little girl, but I used to be a little kid, and I remember that as a kid big dolls and mannequins and ventriloquists' dummies really creeped me out. It was like a phobic reaction. I shook it off or outgrew it somehow.

I wonder if we Dorothyphiles do not have a tendency to assume that if we met her in Real Life that she could "pass" as human completely successfully. I mean, she looks beautiful on the show, but in Real Life, and at close range, the difference might be more readily apparent. The texture and temperature of her skin might be at least subtly different from the "real thing," for instance. For another thing, there is growing eveidence that there are such things as human pheromones in perspiration that send subconscious messages. I would assume that Dorothy, who does not perspire, would have a complete lack of body odor and certainly no pheromones, unless she sprayed it on like a cologne. That's if she doesn't have any sort of plasticky or oily metallic machinery smell, which would take some getting used to.

Dorothy, for her part, might be *envious* of Daria's ability to express and even *have* many emotions. However impassive a mask Daria might ususally present to the world, she *does* have the usual repertoire of feelings a young woman has, and can sometimes express them . She might envy as well Daria's ability to *taste* food and drink, and to smell things, (I don't know if Dorothy has any olfactory receptors, but she said she could not taste tea.) I don't know what sort of sense of touch Dorothy has. I don't know if she is capable of feeling any sort of physical pleasure. (Heck, I don't even know if she is, ahem, "anatomically correct" externally. I kind of doubt it.) Dorothy, like Pinocchio, or the little boy-android in _A.I._, might long to be a *real* girl, and be jealous of one who is. We know she can feel a kind of jealousy, which she has displayed toward Angel.

Just some thoughts. You might want to approach some of the fanfic authors in Daria fandom about a collaboration. They need some stimulation over there. Daria fandom has not been as fortunate as Big O fandom. This is particularly the case with regard to DVDs and the like, and Daria and her fans have been treated shabbily by Daria's one-time host MTV, and they are unhappy with the way Daria has been edited on Noggin/The N as well.

Doc
BigPrime 12-05-2003 09:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Pygmalion
Hello, I'm Steve Thomas, and welcome to This Old House. Our project this time is a remodel in the Illegal Residence Sector in Paradigm City. Here's our homeowner now, Roger Smith. (shakes hands) Tell us a little about why you bought this property, Roger.

Smith: I was looking for a place outside the domes, and happened to notice this one. I've been living here for years, but things happened and we need a remodel

(Camera pans up to the top of the building, past the big hole in the side)

Thomas: Quite a piece of real estate! And you said that you were looking to remodel after a Megadeus blasted through the side of your building.

Smith: That's right. Now that everyone knows where Big O lives, there's no reason not to put a ground-level door in.

Thomas: I'm sure Norm will come up with some ideas to get it to blend in with the surroundings. What about heating, electrical, and air conditioning?

Smith: You'll have to talk with Norman about that. He's got all that mapped out, and new routing sketched.

Thomas: Richard Trelawny will be happy to hear that! I understand you are looking to build a special piano room for your android companion, R. Dorothy Wayneright.

Smith (lowers voice): Well, that's going to be a surprise for her. You know, sort of a "welcome back from death" gift. It's going to be acoustically separate from my bedroom so I can get a good day's rest.

Thomas: I see. Well, it looks like we have our work cut out for the next seven weeks.

My God...a Big O/This Old House crossover...I've seen it all...I can die happy now. Big Grin Big Grin Amazing work, Pygmalion! Simply amazing.
Pygmalion 12-06-2003 11:10 AM
[Roger Smith and party drive to Paradigm Main Dome. The entrance is closed. Roger blows the horn. All get out of the Griffon.]

ROGER: HELLO!
[waits]

NORMAN: HELLO!
[waits]

[A masked face appears at the top of the rampart. It speaks in an outrageous French accent.]

ALAN GABRIEL: 'Allo! 'Oo is it?

ROGER: It is I, Roger Smith, and these are my companions. Why is the dome closed?

ALAN: This is the castle of my master, Alex de Rosewater.

ROGER: Go and tell your master that we have been charged by the director with a sacred quest. If he will give us food and shelter for the night, he can join us in our quest for the Fallen Angel.

ALAN: Well, I'll ask 'im, but I don't think 'e'll be very keen-- 'e's already got one, you see?

ROGER: What?

DASTUN: He says they've already *got* one!

ROGER: [confused] Are you *sure* he's got one?

ALAN: Oh yes, it's ver' naahs.
[to the military police] I told 'em we've already *got* one!
[they snicker]

ROGER: [taken a bit off balance] Well... ah, um... Can we come up and have a look?

ALAN: Of course not! You are outside-the-dome types.

ROGER: Well, what are you then?

ALAN: [Indignant] Ah'm French! Why do you think I have this out-rrrageous accent, you silly negotiator?!

DOROTHY: What are you doing in *Paradigm*?

ALAN: Mind your own business!

ROGER: If you will not show us the Angel, we shall enter the dome by force!

ALAN: You don't frighten us, outside pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, son of a silly person! Ah blow my nose at you, so-called "Roger Negotiator"! You and all your silly friends!!!

DOROTHY: What a strange person.

ROGER: [getting mad] Now look here, my good ma--

ALAN: Ah don' wanna talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food-trough wiper! Ah fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of tomato stew!

DOROTHY: Is there someone else up there we can talk to?

ALAN: No!! Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

ROGER: Now this is your last chance! I've been more than reasonable....

ALAN: [to four cops, standing behind him on the rampart]
Fetchez la vache.

COP: qua?

ALAN: Fetchez la vache!
[the cops are seen leading a cow... mooing noises]

ROGER: [continued] ...if you do not agree to my terms, than I shall--
[Boing! The cow goes flying through the air over the rampart...]

ROGER: Jesus Christ!

[...and lands, amid great mooing, on the Griffon.]

ROGER: [determined] Right! Big O! Showtime!

[inside Big O] Action!
[Big O strides toward the dome, only to be met with a barrage of eggs and tomatoes. They blind Big O, who staggers around, arms outstretched, trips, and falls. Roger crawls out of the cockpit.]

ROGER: I’ve got to put windshield wipers on him.

PM cop: [throwing down a goose] Hey, this one is for your mother!
[and a duck] And this one's for your gran!

ROGER’S PARTY: [hastily retreating] Run away! RUN AWAAAAY!

DASTUN: [as they hunker down behind a building out of flying-animal's
reach of the castle] Fiends, I'll tear them apart!

ROGER: No no, no!!

NORMAN: [to Roger] Sir... I have a plan, sir.

[There follows a long scene where the Alan Gabriel, stationed atop the
rampart, surveys the surrounding city and sees nothing, but hears various sounds of construction (hammering, welding, chain saws being operated) . Eventually, amid a great squeaking of wooden wheels, a giant wooden tomato is wheeled out of the forest by Roger's group.

They wheel it right up to the front gates of the dome and leave it there, returning to their concealed spot behind the building to watch.

A minute later, the gate opens and Gabriel peeks out. His head disappears and he can be heard speaking with the others.]

ALAN: C'est une tomate, une tomate en bois.

2nd Cop: Qua?

[Three heads appear around the end of the door and disappear again.]

ALAN: Un Cadeau!

2nd COP: What?

ALAN: A present!

2nd COP: Ah, un Cadeau!

ALAN: Allons-y, allons-y!

2nd COP: What?

ALAN: Let's go!

2nd COP: Ah!
[The three creep out and wheel the tomato into the dome,
closing the gate behind them.]

[Behind the wall]

ROGER: [to Norman] What happens now?

Norman: Well, now, uh, Colonel Dastun, Dorothy and I, uh, wait until nightfall, and then leap out of the tomato, taking the dome, uh, by suprise. Not only by suprise, but totally unarmed!

ROGER: *Who* leaps out?

NORMAN: [pointing to each person as he names him] Uh... Colonel Dastun, Dorothy, and I.... uh, leap out of the tomato, uh, and, uh....

DASTUN: [groans]

NORMAN: [pause] Oh... um, look, if we built this large wooden fish....

[Roger knocks him on the head.]

[Just then, the gate opens and the tomato comes soaring out. The party disbands amid great shouts of "Run away, run away!", but the tomato lands on Norman. Cries of distress.]
Prince-Consort Tesser 12-06-2003 12:44 PM
BAD Pygmalion! BAD BAD VERY NAUGHTY Pygmailion! NAUGHTY NAUGHTY NAUGHTY!

(At least it wasn't the "Dirty Butler" sketch. Or the "Dead Megadeus" sketch.)
Tony Waynewrong 12-06-2003 01:34 PM
Why do I feel like I have read something offensive, yet can laugh at it so hard. Ah, I know what it is. It's quarter French that is angry, the 2/3 Spanish/Native American that is laughing and the rest indifferent. Smile
Dude Love 12-06-2003 01:45 PM
Monty Python and the Holy Fallen Angel.

Good show, I say, good show Pygmalion. Very funny, indeed.
Prince-Consort Tesser 12-06-2003 01:54 PM
quote:
[I]tvperez posted ...

Why do I feel like I have read something offensive, yet can laugh at it so hard. Ah, I know what it is. It's quarter French that is angry, the 2/3 Spanish/Native American that is laughing and the rest indifferent

So what is the 8 1/3% remaining consist of?
Pygmalion 12-06-2003 02:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by tvperez
Why do I feel like I have read something offensive, yet can laugh at it so hard.

Are you sure it's not the idea of Dorothy (as Galahad) in Castle Anthrax?

Pygmalion
Lady Tesser 12-06-2003 03:34 PM
I bow to genius. *bow-bow-bow*

(Dorothy in Castle Anthrax - they think androids are hot ... and they're all Tony!)
Pygmalion 12-06-2003 03:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Tesser
(Dorothy in Castle Anthrax - they think androids are hot ... and they're all Tony!)

My brain burns....

Pygmalion