Confused about Season 2?Or anything else?...me too! Doesn't anyone have any answers???

Zopwx2 11-28-2003 05:27 PM
You understand what I mean though, I watch 25 episodes of a story about giant robots, a city with domes, a crazy guy with bandages, people without memories, cloned tomatoes, etc and then at the end its all one big metaphor or somthing.

If wanting the face value story solved is for dumb people who aren't smart enough to understand the "real" story, then I guess I'm a big dumbass.
Elk 11-29-2003 12:06 AM
i'm really confused. i thought i had it then i saw some images and became confused. i only saw afew episodes of season 2.
Executor 11-29-2003 12:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by zopwx2
Silver Platter!? Stop implying that we are stupid because we want some closure. The ending solves nothing. In fact they add more weird crap then suddenly screw everything up. Sure you can still watch a show and have fun trying to solve the mystery, but eventually you'll want an answer. Its like a riddle with no answer.

*claps and cheers*

That's right!

This ending was nothing but pretentious and incoherent. They didn't solve anything, and they didn't even leave us with a clean cliffhanger. They crapped all over everything in the final fifteen minutes.

I mean, for chrissakes, I was thinking of writing a fanfic. But if I do, I'm going to have to pick up from no later than Act 24 (and simply ignore 25 & 26) in order to have any sort of logical setting to work within. Any sort of "Angel & Roger chilling in the control room" story wouldn't be the same Big O that I came to enjoy over the first two dozen episodes.
YZEtc 11-29-2003 12:15 PM
*gives two thumbs-up*
Zopwx2 11-29-2003 03:14 PM
Whoa, don't get me wrong I love big o. In fact act 26 kicked ass.

But after a few weeks its starting to sink in that the second half of act 26 really didn't make much sense in the context of the show, and no one really can agree on a way to tie the whole show together.
YZEtc 11-29-2003 08:49 PM
I agree.
As more time passes, the more I feel cheesed-out of a decent "ending", even if it is supposed to be only a temporary break or cliffhanger (which I hope it is).

Especially when compared to the earlier episodes.

To me, this is a Science Fiction series. and I view it that way.
I still have stars in my eyes from seeing episode #1.
If - after watching #1 - someone would have immediately shown me the last episode, turned to me, and said, "What you have just seen is how this series is going to end", I would have then turned to them and asked where it is that they are buying their killer weed from.

I simply do not want to believe that all of that technology and all of those artifacts shown to us amount to some kind of metaphor on steroids and nothing else.
To me, having to view it in that way is not my first pick.
When I see a collossal array of giant lights supported by framework that must be a thousand miles long, I immediately want to know what they are there for, and who put them there - not marvel at the hidden meaning.
What then, I wonder, was the point of such things as the Final Stage - the ass-kicking attack put to use through the combined efforts of Beck, Norman, Dorothy, Roger and Big O?
With the way things unfolded, not much.

That's what bugs me.
Your milage may vary.
Executor 11-30-2003 12:05 PM
We're not gonna take it any more!

*kicks over a box and sets it on fire*

No ending! No peace!
No ending! No peace!
No ending! No peace!

Rrrraaaagghh!
dreamangel1130 12-01-2003 02:42 PM
WHOO!!!! You said it!

*Chants along with Executor* : No Ending!! No Peace!!!

P.S. I know this is stupid and off topic, but Executor, your avatar really freaks me out.
Zopwx2 12-01-2003 05:49 PM
Hey Thats The Proffesional! (sp?)

Remember No women, no children, and gary oldman kicks ass.

Back on topic, what were the writers of big o thinking?

When they started the show, Theoretically THEy knew how it was all going to end. But no, either its all really deep and I don't understand it, or they made it up as they went along.

Even some things from early season 2 don't have anything to do with the events of 26.

But, on a different note, maybe its all a big setup for a wierder season 3, or they just had no idea how the hell they were going to end it.
dreamangel1130 12-01-2003 07:39 PM
Who's Gary Oldman?

Anyway....

If they do a season three, they better tie up all these loose threads and then start giving us some new loose ends. Then there'll be a whole new set of questions and a new thread.

Ah, well. When we get there, we'll get there.
A Clockwork Tomato 12-01-2003 07:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dreamangel1130
Anyway....

If they do a season three, they better tie up all these loose threads and then start giving us some new loose ends.

I'll give you odds that they don't do anything of the sort. Some of the loose ends will be the basis of Season 3 and therefore won't be tied up for a long time. New loose ends will appear before the old ones are dealt with. Some loose ends will never be tied up, since an aura of mystery is one of the things the writers strive for.

After all, we still can't tell for sure what exactly happened between Solderno, Beck, and Wayneright in the first two Acts, or whether Dorothy's "Roger, I Love You" in BECK COMES BACK was part of Beck's programming or something she said on her own, or whether Big Duo got up and walked on its own because it was trying to reach Dorothy or for some other reason, or whether Angel called Roger in ENEMY IS ANOTHER BIG on her own initiative or at Alex's bidding, or where Roger's fortune came from, or what Norman did before Roger found Big O, or why Dorothy was so much more animated with Wayneright than at other times, or whether Alex is mostly muscle or flab.

It's not as if the show suddenly went from being straightforward to being mysterious in Act 26. It's always been mysterious. Presumably, the new mysteries will be explored in Season 3, but the show will never become cut-and-dried.
BigO-SHOWTIME 12-02-2003 12:14 AM
OH CRY ME A RIVER.

You dont like it then dont watch it. If you dont want to wait if theres a season 3, there are pleanty of other animes to choose from that resolve quite nicely.
Mr.Grudge 12-02-2003 12:58 AM
As the reruns came on and I've caught up on the first season episodes that I've missed, the ending is starting to make more sense. It's a bit like with Serial Experiments Lain, you got to see every episode to put all the pieces together.

Somehow to me this finale made much more sense that the last couple episodes of Evangelion (What was that?) and End of Evangelion.
Executor 12-02-2003 12:20 PM
quote:
Who's Gary Oldman?

Go rent this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110413/ and make sure you get the uncut international version.

Anyway, Showtime, kiss my ass. I watched 25 episodes of this show, and deserved a better ending than THAT. The ending we got was NOTHING. It was complete GIBBERISH, passed off as being "deep." I'll bet money even the writers didn't know exactly what the hell it all meant. They just made some sh** up, knowing they could make up any excuse they wanted for a third season.

[Edit: I don't mind disagreements, but attacking other members is against the rules. --Krang]
BigO-SHOWTIME 12-02-2003 01:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Executor
quote:
Who's Gary Oldman?

Go rent this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110413/ and make sure you get the uncut international version.

Anyway, Showtime, kiss my ass. I watched 25 episodes of this show, and deserved a better ending than THAT. The ending we got was NOTHING. It was complete GIBBERISH, passed off as being "deep." I'll bet money even the writers didn't know exactly what the hell it all meant. They just made some sh** up, knowing they could make up any excuse they wanted for a third season.

Thanks for the wonderful flame. Sorry, I dont kiss asses.

That is your opinion that its gibberish.
Zopwx2 12-02-2003 07:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BigO-SHOWTIME
OH CRY ME A RIVER.

You dont like it then dont watch it. If you dont want to wait if theres a season 3, there are pleanty of other animes to choose from that resolve quite nicely.

I've gotten into arguements with you before....

We can whine and bitch as much as we want.

If you don't like our posts then why don't YOU stop reading them!

We came here to discuss why the conclusion of a show we love didn't do the rest of the show justice.

(Clarification: All my whining is based on the idea that act 26 is the last episode of Big O ever.)

Anyways, they way it turned out is that all 25 1/2 episodes of the show, all loose ends, and hypothetical ideas were all one big red herring, and thats pretty lame in my opinion.
BigO-SHOWTIME 12-02-2003 07:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by zopwx2
quote:
Originally posted by BigO-SHOWTIME
OH CRY ME A RIVER.

I've gotten into arguements with you before....

We can whine and bitch as much as we want.

If you don't like our posts then why don't YOU stop reading them!

We came here to discuss why the conclusion of a show we love didn't do the rest of the show justice.

(Clarification: All my whining is based on the idea that act 26 is the last episode of Big O ever.)

Anyways, they way it turned out is that all 25 1/2 episodes of the show, all loose ends, and hypothetical ideas were all one big red herring, and thats pretty lame in my opinion.

And my arguments is based on the possibility that Act 26 is NOT the last episode ever. I wish they would translate the big O companion book to show us the relevence of the last 2 acts of the entire story.
Mike 12-02-2003 07:21 PM
It sort of seems to me that they tried to fit too much into Season 2.
Two completely new characters, Alan and Vera, the whole Union secret army, it kind of seems like they tried too much, then got to Act 24 and realized "Oh crap, we only have 3 episodes left to end it!" and weren't able to finish all the ideas they started.

I'm not saying it's bad, but to me, the last 2 episodes didn't fit very well with the rest of the story.
Executor 12-02-2003 08:23 PM
So you end it on a cliffhanger, you don't just flip out with a "BLAAGH! EVERYTHING DISAPPEARS!" ending. Mad
Zopwx2 12-02-2003 08:27 PM
If it turns out they were just worried that they might not be picked up for a third season and they made a messed up ending hoping fans would complain for a third season, it would be sad.