Blue Gender: A Work of art or Just Garbage Anime

Gummibear 11-24-2003 06:45 PM
Well it's been a while since Blue Gender ended, in any event a lot of people either hate or love this anime. What side are you guys on? I hope there isn't a thread about this already.
Mike 11-24-2003 06:52 PM
I thought it was pretty good. I couldn't get into it, though, cause Yuji was so annoying at first. He got better after a while, but I just couldn't keep myself up after watching FLCL, so I stopped watching it after awhile. That show was BRUTAL, like 8 people died in the first episode alone.

I heard the last episode was really, really bad, but I never got to see it.
C.R Foxhound 11-24-2003 07:06 PM
it aint sooo bad, it just doesnt make sense

but i like Blue Gender,good stuff

although if it really was realistic, everytime Yuji got too big for his britches, he'd get bitch-slapped by Marlene Big Grin

Marlena: You my ho' sucka, you belong to me!

Yuji:Yes ma'am Frown
gur2009 11-24-2003 07:09 PM
it was a pretty dumb series and yeah alot of people died
also FLCL is like way super more bettererSmile
Bllue 11-24-2003 07:38 PM
ive never seen blue gender, but ive heard its good, despite the drawing. i like art anywhich way it turns...
BigPrime 11-24-2003 08:20 PM
I liked what I saw of it. The characters were pretty good, the animation was good. Armor-shrikes are pretty cool power-armor/light mecha. The Blue were interesting as far as giant bug monsters go (they all owe a debt to Starship Troopers as far as I'm concerned). I'd like to have seen more but I was usually asleep when it was on.
Tifaria 11-24-2003 08:25 PM
I never catch the ending! Mad I'll see an episode here or there, but I never, ever manage to see how it ends! I did like what I saw, though-- Yuji kind of annoyed me at first, but given his situation, that's understandable. Marlene's nifty, too. Smile )
el_w00t 11-24-2003 08:37 PM
I've heard episode 14 is good (unedited, not what you see on AS)
Mega Dominus 11-24-2003 10:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Tifaria
I never catch the ending! Mad I'll see an episode here or there, but I never, ever manage to see how it ends! I did like what I saw, though-- Yuji kind of annoyed me at first, but given his situation, that's understandable. Marlene's nifty, too. Smile )

Be glad you didn't. The last two episodes could have been left out and the show would have ended on a slightly better note.

Pretty much spoiled the whole series in my opinion, which was OK to begin with... Frown
A. Rosewater 11-24-2003 10:45 PM
i find the show VERY DEPRESSING......especially that little girl in that terrible town or whatever on earth...good god, it was terrible

its not that bad....ive probably seen worse
Patsai 11-25-2003 01:38 AM
I see the anime occasionally, but it's just too boring! They spend half the time on useless dialogue.
Eon Shin 11-25-2003 08:49 AM
I have to agree With A. Rosewater. That Show was just plain depressing. Geezus, made you feel worse after watching it.Just reminding you, that you wasted 30 minutes of your life. We've all seen worse gory-violent anime in our days. But the show bored you then and depressing at ending. All that for ecology/morals lesson.

Anyone Notice that there was No ballistic Missiles(Grenades or any thing rockety) used? All You seen was them using Armor Peircing rounds. Which when you got a 50 ton Bug coming at you, I'm blowing it up. They can build space ships but they can't make a grenades. Just strange to me.
AlexRosewater 11-25-2003 10:13 AM
Blue Gender is a very good Anime it has very good story with Characters that develop every episode.
Shady Dark Lady 11-25-2003 10:43 AM
I couldn't get into it at first, but If I'm awake when it is on, I watch it...I never saw the ending, but now I'm really curious. I guess I think it is okay...But I have to admit, that Marlene needs to put Yuji in his place at times...She doesn't have the luxury to have the concerns that he has at times..Yes, I also find it depressing as well. No one on Earth should have been left at the mercy of the Blue...
Wingnut 11-25-2003 11:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by C.R Foxhound
it aint sooo bad, it just doesnt make sense

but i like Blue Gender,good stuff

although if it really was realistic, everytime Yuji got too big for his britches, he'd get bitch-slapped by Marlene Big Grin

Marlena: You my ho' sucka, you belong to me!

Yuji:Yes ma'am Frown
She did slap him in episode 2 when he lost his senses.
I like the series. The last episode was a little weird and rushed, and although Yugi appears to understand something the viewer is left clueless as to what it is.
And yes secondary characters have almost no hope of surviveing. But then nither do any characters, even the major ones, in any of the Gundam series that are directed by Tomino himself.
Yes, Yugi was a pansy at first but grew into his own as the series progressed.
R_Dorothied 11-25-2003 04:08 PM
Not a big fan of it ... I couldn't sit and watch it ;;; bler.
Lia's calling 11-25-2003 05:56 PM
it was ok, i always felt like i was watching Starship troopers though..and that was one movie that i could only watch once.
Name Of God 11-25-2003 08:07 PM
Blue Gender certainly is not going to revolutionize the industry, but it was a fun however many episodes. It wasn't a horrible show, although it wasn't very memorable. It definately wasn't a 'work of art,' but it beats whatever else is on at 1:00.

It would be a better show if it wasn't on right after FLCL.
R_Dorothied 11-25-2003 09:22 PM
Yeah, and FLCL is deffinately a tough show to follow ;;;
Byranx 11-25-2003 10:16 PM
I couldnt sit through the first episode of Blue Gender...

On a side note...FLCL is my fav. Big Grin