Blue Gender: A Work of art or Just Garbage Anime

dominusofdeath 02-08-2004 03:48 AM
O O if u have seen it remember the part with that girl(in the eps near the beg) who had that dog
and they got attacked and yuji was knocked down and she was starring at him
ok while she was i looked over and told my brother "it would be funny if all of a sudden a blue came and picked her off?"
he said "yeah"
i looked at the tv she was still starring and then she got picked off
OMFG it was hilarious
not that she died the coincidence
that made me watch the show
the predictibilty
ebie 02-08-2004 06:18 PM
it was ok but prety dull no real action but i never say the last episod Mad
didnt hear about it eather Mad i want to know what happend?
Raven 02-09-2004 09:06 AM
Blue Gender was ok, didn't get into it much though. I didn't care much for FLCL eather
Barrin 02-09-2004 12:27 PM
A very bloody anime, built on extreme battles with some psycho-drama mixed in. I was impressed by the mecha used for fighting. The real messy part was when AS showed it 4-6 times in a row. Now I couldn't care less about seeing it again.
Stampede 02-09-2004 12:47 PM
I've always kind of felt like the unstable teenage giant robot pilot has been overdone. Besides, any military organization that entrusts its most valuable pieces of military hardware to some mentally unstable 18-year old kid deserves to get crushed by giant bugs.

...Wow, am I STILL venting after playing Final Fantasy VIII five years ago?
Randolph 02-10-2004 08:09 PM
I have watched a few episodes of Blue Gender, before it was replaced on AS with Cowboy Bebop at 12:00 PM. I kinda got into it, being that it was one of the first real "grown-up" animes I had yet watched. Then I saw Inuyasha and forgot all about it Big Grin
Then, of course, came Big O airing immediately after Inuyasha, and then I got hooked Smile ) and when I finally got my 'Net back, I began a strenuous search for more and am now content in my utopia Pleased
But honestly, Blue Gender wasn't that bad. A little dull, a little short on character detail... and a lot short on good, mentally sound people.
But the whole Gaia-evicted-mankind idea was kinda cool.
Kinda. Roll Eyes
Ace of Spades 02-13-2004 08:11 PM
It was a good anime and all but I just felt I was watching an animated Starship Troopers for some reason.